Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just got back from Nissan Design in La Jolla

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Alang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from Nissan Design in La Jolla

I posted a while ago about my Lust, than Love book when it got back from Japan with signatures from Mr K, Carlos Ghosn and all the Nissan executives. Well I just got back from spending about 1/2 hour with Dianne Allen at NDA meeting quite a few people and getting quite a few signatures. I got hers, Ajay's, and Tom Semple; all pictured in the book. I also got to meet the Chief Sculptor and some of his fellow sculptors. I got a short tour of the faculity and to top it off, while showing me around, Dianne asked me if I had heard about the Z DVD called "The Run". After saying of course I have, she gives me one! Bonus!

I spend about 10 minutes talking with Tom Semple (President NDA) and Bruce Campbell (Director of Design NDA). We talked about the car, how great is was and got to hear some tid bits about the design influences.

I was blown away by how generous everyone at the design center was with their time. They are so enthustasic about what they do, and about the Z in particular. It was a great experiance. I have only two signatures to go and I will have one from everyone pictured in the book.
Old 02-14-2003, 02:48 PM
stevew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's cool. I worked for about 12 years on Campus Point, so I passed it every day. Maybe I will swing by and see if they have another CD.