2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Garbage truck VS My Z. :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 06:20 PM
HighwaySpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by kourosH
man stfu, who are u to tell him what to do, and you shouldnt reply with stuff like this, you dont have to act like some "kool mature guy".
LOL!

"Have A Nice Day"

Here's A Good Link For You...

http://www.4-men.org/testosterone/pms.html
Old 06-08-2006, 06:36 PM
lunartick13

Garbage trucks, what can I say.. We had our garbage pickup this morning and this truck driver we was in a super hurry, he would lockup the brakes jump out of the truck grabs the garbage can slamms it on the truck tosses the can gets into the truck and drops it in gear and takes off, i noticed he left a 20 ft break skid mark in front of my house then i look around and i see overyone who`s garbage just got dumped has skid marks in front of their house...kinda funny but not ha ha funny...
Old 06-08-2006, 06:43 PM
plumpzz

I should get a garbage truck. I can't make skid marks :-D
Old 06-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Starchecker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually you should be OK with the insurance, hitting a parked car - even if parked illegally is always the moving vehicles fault.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:56 PM
hiz-n-herz

Angry OK, That is SO not your fault!!!

Your Ins company should go to bat for you. That's what you pay them for.

The garbage truck driver is negligent because he did not see you . What if it was not your car, but [god forbid] a child on a bicycle? Would not be the kid's fault would it. I don't care if you were parked there, outside the car, and chatting with your friends. It's his responsibility to see where he's going.

Sorry to hear it. Doesn't sound like you're sweating it. Just bummed that you have to wait even longer to put on your exhaust and rims/tires. Dude, that SUX.

Post pics when your car looks like new again... and with the new go-fast parts...
Old 06-08-2006, 07:04 PM
plumpzz

Actually im not bummed. Its not my fault, im just waiting to see what the police report says. Thats usually the deal breaker. I'm gonna get the TS rear valence if it all goes thru, maybe nismo. :-D
SVRTech exhaust + work emotion Kai's and the new nismo rears with a nismo front lip to set it all off :-D.

im more or less upset that now my gf has to drive me to school instead of me driving her. She drives mad slow.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:20 PM
plumpzz

Ok.. update:
Called ins company and they said im most likely not at fault. Only problem is if the police report says im half at fault, my ins company will have to fight with the other ins company for my deductible.

Its getting better. Its cuz i went to church for the first time in 4 months.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:55 AM
AUtigers350z

yeah that sucks man. hope it works out for you. i work to pay off my car too (only about $6000 left ) and some people are just jealous that they didn't have that kind of opportunity when they were our age. either way, whether your 16 or 56, a wreck is a bad situation to be in. hope the dice roll in your favor
Old 06-11-2006, 11:17 AM
plumpzz

Oh its not that bad of a accident lol. Just the bumper is ****ed up. Otherwise, nothin some zaino can't fix. I'm hopin i can throw on some nismo rear valence on there :-D
Old 06-11-2006, 12:59 PM
bigplayray

ok lets get this right. while picking up the gf from the library you pull into a no parking zone. was it a no parking zone cause of the dumpster that the garbage truck was unloading? and was the truck their before you stoped. so its raining as well. a garbage truck is alot bigger and i could see the driver backing up and not seeing your car until he felt him hitting you.
sorry but if i had been the cop i would have put the blame on you cause you were in the garbage trucks way. he was doing his job and you just sat there. even with the loud backup signal you still sat there. why didn't you just move your car? before he hit you. what did your dad say?
Old 06-11-2006, 01:09 PM
bigplayray

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
Your Ins company should go to bat for you. That's what you pay them for.

The garbage truck driver is negligent because he did not see you . What if it was not your car, but [god forbid] a child on a bicycle? Would not be the kid's fault would it. I don't care if you were parked there, outside the car, and chatting with your friends. It's his responsibility to see where he's going.

Sorry to hear it. Doesn't sound like you're sweating it. Just bummed that you have to wait even longer to put on your exhaust and rims/tires. Dude, that SUX.

Post pics when your car looks like new again... and with the new go-fast parts...
bull......if he pulled up behind the truck and the driver backed his truck up and hit the guys car then why would you figure that the driver is at fault. he was also parked in a no parking zone. you know what that means "don't park there" why? cause crap like that might happen. common sense says....don't park your car in a place where something might happen to it.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:15 PM
plumpzz

I did try to move. Its raining, so i didnt wan tto give it too much gas and slip. I was able to move far enough so he wouldn't hit my door. Its actually a no parking zone because theres no parking spots there lol. Its a side road, with enough room for a truck. Trust me, i was far from him, and i could see him in his side view mirror. He wasn't paying attention, and he even addmitted that in the police report.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:21 PM
NA350Z

Any pics?
Old 06-16-2006, 12:30 PM
zeebeda

Originally Posted by plumpzz

Its getting better. Its cuz i went to church for the first time in 4 months.

I always go to church when I'm having bad luck and I've noticed the same thing!
Sorry to hear about the Z though
Same thing happend to me a few years ago when I had an RSX-S except it was a truck with a u-haul trailor. He had to pay for everything.

Good luck with everything, and keep going to church. It works!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:50 PM
WESTI

sorry to hear about ur broken car
Old 06-16-2006, 11:06 PM
415mm
Professional

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

that sucks. i hope you're insurance doesn't increase any. wouold this be considered something that would increase insurance?? nyways sorry to hear about the bad luck. post pics of the new and improved ride.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:20 PM
Fulgore243

It's the moving car's fault. Always.
Old 06-17-2006, 04:29 AM
odin

Truck drivers fault period!!
Always the garbage drivers fault, never a ZED's fault, ever.

Sorry to hear about your car.

Sucks fighting with insurance companies, for sure.

Keep

Odin
Old 06-18-2006, 12:06 PM
plumpzz

sure i'll post pictures once i get the check in my hand. I have some nice ones of the scene of the crime ><

I went through my insurance. i have a question though... since i went through my ins, and it was NOT my fault...would in ins go up? I just found out the other day if its not ur fault ur supposed to go thru the other party's ins. I always thought u go thru your ins, and they fight the other ins company for the full payment...obviously not. Let me know if you know!

Last edited by plumpzz; 06-18-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:22 AM
04_CS_Z33

I PM'd you

Quick Reply: Garbage truck VS My Z. :(