Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Garbage truck VS My Z. :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 12:36 PM
plumpzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garbage truck VS My Z. :(

Well I was at college today and i went to pick my gf up from the library and a garbage truck backed up into my car. At first he was going to hit my door so i started to move forward but i wasn't fast enough and he clipped my rear bumper... Its pretty toast. Looks like the bumper, rear quarter panel and left tailight will need to be replaced. I've had a series of bad luck. Ugh.
Police officer was also being quite a butthole. He said I shouldn't have been there at all anyway since it was a No parking zone. I dont buy that, I was standing there, not parking. Besides, I was standing for no more than 5 seconds before the truck began to reverse and hit me. My poor baby will be out for the next 3-5 weeks. Just 1 week before my new exhaust and 3 weeks before my new wheels
Old 06-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Gooey

actually that is your fault. You shouldnt be standin there even for 5 seconds.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sux that happened.. but you prolly won't win the insurance case cuz it was a red zone.. you have aftermarket bumper? what color is your z?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:15 PM
NeoRacer_106

Your parents gonna be pissed they gotta pay for that
Old 06-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Z_freak

dude that suks....it amazes how people who back into sh^t get through life everyday.....
Old 06-08-2006, 01:59 PM
plumpzz

parents? how about me
Old 06-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Suvlaki

Originally Posted by plumpzz
parents? how about me
Oh god, another "Young Drivers vs. The World" argument ganna start again... I hate it when this happens... I'm Pro-Young-Drivers... woot!
Old 06-08-2006, 02:03 PM
defex

Wow. My best friend's G just got hit by a garbage truck too! Last week! Garbage truck conspiracy against the VQ..? :X
Old 06-08-2006, 02:44 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Suvlaki
Oh god, another "Young Drivers vs. The World" argument ganna start again... I hate it when this happens... I'm Pro-Young-Drivers... woot!
plumpzz is a good guy. Young, but a good guy. He's been around awhile too. Not the type to start the "I'm 14 and my dad bought me a Z" guy.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:52 PM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

man this is not as bad as my "remote start accident" that happened at the dealership lol, and i still haven't gotten her back =[
Old 06-08-2006, 02:56 PM
aznmojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

doode that sux ***, did u even try to honk?
Old 06-08-2006, 02:58 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by pony_killer
man this is not as bad as my "remote start accident" that happened at the dealership lol, and i still haven't gotten her back =[
I remember that thread. Stoke of bad luck I guess.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:40 PM
shinkuu

don't let these guys get you down. a tractor trailer truck hit my car when it was brand new. they only hit the driverside mirror but it tore off and caused damage to the body too. i was in my car at a red do not stop zone. a bunch of taxi drivers came over and said it was my fault cause i was at a do not stop red zone while they were parked at a do not park red zone adjacent to me. the trucker tried to pay me off with $60 bucks for glue.

i filed a claim and his insurance paid me off with out admitting guilt. fight it.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:05 PM
plumpzz

Look at all these e-lawyers. FYI, if your in the car, while its turned on, whether ur stopped or not, ur driving, not parked.
Thank you shinkuu and vo7848. I've been here for about a year and i'm not all too happy people first go ahead and blame my age for what happens to me. Does it make a difference who pays for the car? (Even though I make insurance and car payments, being that I have a good college job thats oriented in my major)
Anyway, i called insurance already and filed a claim. I'm just annoyed the cop whose supposed to be the 'blind' one didn't bother to take my view on what happened, rather took what the truck driver said, and asked me if im healthy and walked away-- coming back 10 minutes later to tell me its both of our faults. I wish he would've gone about it more profesionally and taken both of our opinions. He wouldn't even listen to me when I told him to just note that I was in the car when he hit. Very unprofesional by these stupid campus police.

edit: i honked my azz off. He didnt hear me, his engine was on (duh) and his reverse siren was too loud. I tried to move forward but I couldnt move fast enough ahead, since it was rainy, and he hit my rear quarter panel and the bumper area rather than my door.
Ps, my spelling sucks, i know =\.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Well I was at college today and i went to pick my gf up from the library and a garbage truck backed up into my car. At first he was going to hit my door so i started to move forward but i wasn't fast enough and he clipped my rear bumper... Its pretty toast. Looks like the bumper, rear quarter panel and left tailight will need to be replaced. I've had a series of bad luck. Ugh.
Police officer was also being quite a butthole. He said I shouldn't have been there at all anyway since it was a No parking zone. I dont buy that, I was standing there, not parking. Besides, I was standing for no more than 5 seconds before the truck began to reverse and hit me. My poor baby will be out for the next 3-5 weeks. Just 1 week before my new exhaust and 3 weeks before my new wheels
so you have a police report? most of the time, cop don't even bother to do a report if the accident happen in the parking lot.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:19 PM
plumpzz

Ill be picking the report up in 3 business days, so Tuesday. I called a cop in specifically asking for a report.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:32 PM
HighwaySpeed

Exclamation

"FYI, if your in the car, while its turned on, whether ur stopped or not, ur driving, not parked."

LOL!

Parked vehicle: Is usually turned off and is there for an extended time.

Standing vehicle: Is usually turned on and is there for several minutes while loading/unloading passengers or cargo [Bus/Taxi/Delivery].

Stopped vehicle: Is usually turned on and is there for only a minute or two.

He didnt hear me, his engine was on (duh) and his reverse siren was too loud. since it was rainy
Your car was where it did not belong.

The truck driver did not see your car.

The campus police officer was doing his job. He could have given you a ticket.

The damage sucks.

Live and learn.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:36 PM
defex

ever seen those cellphone commercials?

... thanks you, CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!
Old 06-08-2006, 06:00 PM
kourosH

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
Your car was where it did not belong.

The truck driver did not see your car.

The campus police officer was doing his job. He could have given you a ticket.

The damage sucks.

Live and learn.
man stfu, who are u to tell him what to do, hes just posting here venting out and you shouldnt reply with stuff like this, we all know this, you dont have to act like some "kool mature guy". if youre going to post something like this its better to not post.
on another note--man that sucks, i feel for you =/
Old 06-08-2006, 06:03 PM
plumpzz

Once again, look at all these e-lawyers. You guys should get together, open a e-firm and suck my e-****.

sorry about my language but these tough guys probably would be the first to start to whine about how this and this happened to them ect. I dont whine much but its my baby (which i am paying for, daddy didn't buy haha)

Last edited by plumpzz; 06-08-2006 at 06:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Garbage truck VS My Z. :(