Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealership supposed to take care of chips

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 03:17 AM
jeff91ta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership supposed to take care of chips

A week after I picked up my 06 MB Enthusiast I noticed 2 tiny tiny paint chips(no bigger than a tip of a pen) by the gas filler door; these chips had surface rust on them and I had never even filled it up yet or opened the gas door.... I'm pretty sure the F'ing car porter did it when I picked it up from the dealer and he went to top off the tank. I know its difficult not to slam the gas pump into the car body when trying to fill up ......

The dealer said they would fix the 2 chips for me even though they said they weren't there when I picked it up BS!!!!

And I wish I could tell everyone how it turned out but I haven't had a chance to get the paint chips fixed at the dealer and I'm a little worried they will do a half-@$$ job and not take care of the surface rust. I would almost like to do it myself but I've looked online and the directions on how to fix a paint chip make me feel like I would F!!! it up more.

Any advice would help.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:26 AM
bjr

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

?
I would agree they are responsible. I also agree they could do a lousy job not look bad but do not take care of the rust. Google doing touch up paint and you will get a lot of different methods of doing the job. I guess pick the one you are comfortable with? Don't forget some clear coat besides the touch up paint. I've got the ones I spent some time on to come out pretty good. I'm not a natural at anything to do with paint for some reason. I bought products from these guys to repair rock chips...
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/
You may as well start practicing because you will have a ton more chips if you drive your car often and will need to know how to do this yourself.

Do you have another car to practice on ? In all seriousness
Old 06-09-2006, 06:21 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I posted suggestions for taking care of chips and rust in the detailing forum.