Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

First time Z driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sen_Griffin
So when I post pics do I get an apology when I post pics I don't lie ****, haters. I hate being called a liar.

I wont reply anymore until I get pics ...arrgggggggggh!

This is interesting I'll post pics TUESDAY... or monday night I'll borrow a camera just to shut u's up...then will you be men and apologize...I doubt it instead you'll make me regret signing up to discuss the wonderful Z... Never in a million yrs would I have thought this car with a sunroof would be this big of a deal...

CHECK THE VIN NUMBER IT WILL SHOW THE COLOR AND THE MILES...ILL POST GOOD PICS SOON!!!
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! My eyes!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:12 AM
sen_Griffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely.

I was using the term 'hater' in the slang way not literally.

I never thought it was a special edition just was trying to find reasons as to why I have a sunroof.. It looks really good though honestly.

IT'S A 350Z I've test driven the car alot.

Plus check my Vin bro carfax...it will describe exactly what I have..minus the sunroof pics to come!!!

I apologize to the forum for the curse words... I have a filthy mouth (plus I was a lil drunk lol )

Ok and is there any way not to have the windows roll all the way down...when you hit the button..?

Also what can I do to 'lighten the steering of the Z?
Old 06-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Elohite

Originally Posted by sen_Griffin
Absolutely.

I was using the term 'hater' in the slang way not literally.

I never thought it was a special edition just was trying to find reasons as to why I have a sunroof.. It looks really good though honestly.

IT'S A 350Z I've test driven the car alot.

Plus check my Vin bro carfax...it will describe exactly what I have..minus the sunroof pics to come!!!

I apologize to the forum for the curse words... I have a filthy mouth (plus I was a lil drunk lol )

Ok and is there any way not to have the windows roll all the way down...when you hit the button..?

Also what can I do to 'lighten the steering of the Z?
i'll repsond since you talked normal. the way the roll down the windows is with the key fob, you just hold down the unlock button for a few seconds and then the windows come rolling down
Old 06-25-2006, 10:55 AM
DevinB

i paid 21.9 OTD for my 03 Touring with 25k
Old 06-25-2006, 11:31 AM
sen_Griffin

Don't know but here in Chicago, After the comparisons that was the best deal with warranty and free lifetime oil changes.. Well I wanted the Z and I'm willing to pay for it after a yr or two i'll trade for a newer one!
Old 06-25-2006, 12:54 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

The window thing.. if you press it in all the way, it'll roll down. If you press the button only half way before the "notch" in the window button, it'll stop whenever you let go.

Oh, it's a sports car not a luxury sedan. The steering wheel is supposed to feel like that and there's no way to change it.

Last edited by 3hree5ive0ero; 06-25-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:35 PM
kPaNdA350

Heh, I had that feeling when i test drived my 06 Z Stick and Auto Went with stick
Old 06-25-2006, 03:15 PM
240Zplus110

I'd still like to know if Nissan or your insurance company will have an issue will cutting the roof to install a sunroof -- like I said in my earlier post... the structural integrity could have been compromised if not done properly.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:03 PM
LegionnaireZ

i've seen pics of a sunroof on a brickyard before, i'm just curious if this is the same car... the sunroof looked like it measured maybe 12"X36"

so from front to back it was VERY shallow, but it was wide... i would be willing to bet that the install is very small... mainly because the curve of the roof is too much to place a STRAIGHT piece of glass...

the best way to go is cabriolet... if i were to do a custom roof job... that would be it... i have a photoshopped image that looks great if you guys want to see it...

as for the brickstone... i think you have two of the Zs available colors mixed up... i would be willing to bet that it was the stupidity of the dealer that got you on that... i only say that because it was the stupidity of MY dealer that wanted to argue that the 03 Z came in a 5 speed MT and not 6... but with 1 month+ research you should have at least come across that... even if you just grazed over the nissan website: www.nissanusa.com

i'm not posting anything offensive, or nothing was intended to be insulting but just corrective, if you start writting all over the forums with inaccurate information and wild stories, please be prepared to back it up or be flammed... I find that's just the way it is...
Old 06-25-2006, 04:32 PM
sen_Griffin

I'mnot writing all over the forum with wild stories...I don't race or care to mod the car up ... PLEASE CHECK THE VIN THAT'S THE COLOR BRICKYARD. And my cousins letting me use his camera and I'll post very fast folks don't worry then you all can tell me what you think...

So there really is no Nissan 350z's with a sunroof? I'll also scan a bill of sales so you can see exactly what it says and what I knew..I couldnt find that color in pics too... It's like a dark marroon...On the Nissan website (of course I went there and in the brochures I can't find that color) I'm going to call the dealer and tell him what you all think a custom install... etc

Is there anyway to verify this sunroof issue like something from Nissan?
Old 06-25-2006, 07:16 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

There you go.. see? brickYARD, not brickSTONE. That's what people were telling you before. But I'm sure it was just a typo on your part the last 4 or 5 posts right?

There was NEVER a Z with a factory sunroof. G's have it, but Z's have too small of a roof and too curvy to have one.

Brickyard? That's a factory color. We just wanted you to say brickYARD and not brickSTONE. And yes, it's a maroonish color.

There's nothing to verify with Nissan if you do have a sunroof. We are and have been telling you that there's no damn sunroof on the Z. If you don't believe us, the more knowledgeable (for the most part) people about Zs, I don't know what else to tell you. If what you have is a Z and it has a sunroof, then it was custom. End of story.

Now let's see them pictures!!! I'm very interested in this sunroof of yours.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:24 PM
sen_Griffin

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
There you go.. see? brickYARD, not brickSTONE. That's what people were telling you before. But I'm sure it was just a typo on your part the last 4 or 5 posts right?

There was NEVER a Z with a factory sunroof. G's have it, but Z's have too small of a roof and too curvy to have one.

Brickyard? That's a factory color. We just wanted you to say brickYARD and not brickSTONE. And yes, it's a maroonish color.

There's nothing to verify with Nissan if you do have a sunroof. We are and have been telling you that there's no damn sunroof on the Z. If you don't believe us, the more knowledgeable (for the most part) people about Zs, I don't know what else to tell you. If what you have is a Z and it has a sunroof, then it was custom. End of story.

Now let's see them pictures!!! I'm very interested in this sunroof of yours.

OH ok ..could have just said I was stating the wrong color. Lol

Relax man, I believe you folks about the sunroof...but thats gets me no where when I try to prove it to the dealer etc... that's why I was asking for something I could look into.
But none the less cool I have a custom sunroof hehehe I'll take pics tommorow regardless of how late and post them after work.or early the nextmorning... any specific shots...? I'll take a ton but any like buttons or somethig?
Old 06-25-2006, 07:32 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Yeah, we could have told you about saying the name of the color wrong, but we like being difficult.

The dealer's playing dumb if they say the sunroof is a part of it. Ask them to call any Nissan dealership.

Take pictures from inside, outside, up above, opened, closed, control buttons, etc.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:35 PM
sen_Griffin

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Yeah, we could have told you about saying the name of the color wrong, but we like being difficult.

The dealer's playing dumb if they say the sunroof is a part of it. Ask them to call any Nissan dealership.

Take pictures from inside, outside, up above, opened, closed, control buttons, etc.
Damn the other newbies must have really, f'd up the vibe for new folks!

Yes sir I swear it looks soo normal and fitted not too big and its tinted..really is tha ****. I'm geeked but I wont tell the dealer that.

The insurance folks didn't say anything about it...because I got all type of coverage... almost every option lol

Last edited by sen_Griffin; 06-25-2006 at 07:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-25-2006, 10:48 PM
rolling

unless its a NISSAN dealer they were either not very smart on the car or trying (sucessfullY) B/S'ing you. "bra"

yea its cool having a sunroof just watchout for leaks!! you shouldnt notice any loss of rigidness unless you race the hell out of it arround corners and bumps hehe,

on the colors, like everyone esle said your is "brickyard" stone come from "silverstone" somehow they skrewed you up on that just like the sunroof and seats with red in them. they dont exist as factory option.

good luck .. bro (no dis respect) heh
congrats on the Z~!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 10:05 AM
sen_Griffin

HEY FOLKS FOUND THE AD FROM WHICH I PURCHASED MY CAR NOTICE THAT UNDER OPTIONS IT HAS SUNROOF CHECKED!!! (Compare the Vins!)

I'LL STILL GET YOU ALL THE PICS THO!!
http://tinyurl.com/qztzm
Old 06-26-2006, 10:35 AM
sen_Griffin

Hahaha The Ad Has A Pic Of The Sunroof Dont Worry I'll Post More Pics So You Can See All Angles...but Now Am I Out Of The Hot Seat...?

You can see all my car pics (Including this sunroof pic I just added) at the link posted above folks. Non the less I'll post some more!!

CLICK CONTACT SELLER AND THE SUNROOF PIC IS THERE!
Attached Thumbnails First time Z driver-sunroof.jpg  
Old 06-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Shift_Z33

1) why is the car still listed?
2) that's a Nissan dealer, didnt your 1st post say it was from a Mercedes dealer?
3) you paid more than thier asking price, how is that good?

Last edited by Shift_Z33; 06-26-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:41 AM
sen_Griffin

1) Guess they didn't update the site yet.
2) Pay attention to details CLICK CONTACT SELLER AND THE OTHER PICS ARE THERE!
3) 23,977.00<-- IS NOT A WALK OUT PRICE I PAYED 24,000+ like 500 for insurance etc WALK OUT Consider taxes title fees etc = more than 2g's alone
4) Pay attention sir it was formerly MARTIN Nissan is now being bought out by Mercedes they had only one Nissan!

Last edited by sen_Griffin; 06-26-2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:15 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

It says it's now Martin Nissan formerly Fergus Nissan, so I don't see where you got the MB dealer.

Also, you're definitely out of the hot seat, in terms of the sunroof. The sunroof doesn't actually look too bad. It does seem a bit clean. Still waiting for YOUR pictures with it open, closed, inside, outside, etc. Wow, you have a 350Z with a sunroof.. congrats!

Quick Reply: First time Z driver