First time Z driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:41 AM
sen_Griffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time Z driver

Oh my, my, my.

That car almost made me pee ...

People were gawking... everything is super sensitive... the brake and the gas.
I'm a good driver, but I wasn't prepared for that car to shake and bake my azz.

I normally drive a truck.

Phew imagine my surprise out on the test drive and abruptly stopping... phew I WILL HAVE THE CAR TODAY OR TOMORROW!!!

The steering seems stiff in the 04 and 03...? Oh, this is only the A/T.
Damnnnnnn that engine sounds like a homeless person with phenomia! I am forever a Z fan and soon to be owner and driver.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:55 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

350Z owners have been praising the car for years. I take the car from the street to drag racing as is. I also autocross my daily driver. As owners have mentioned, it is not the fastest car on the street or the best handling, but the fun:$$$ ratio is a winner.

BTW no congratulations until the keys are in your hands.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sen_Griffin
that engine sounds like a homeless person with phenomia!
Thats a first.

I know how you feel. Driving this car for the first time was amazing. Everytime I rev it up, it evokes a very good feeling inside
Old 06-19-2006, 12:04 PM
MagicPie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah the brakes on the car do really well, just remember that car behind you cant stop as fast ,keep that in mind.

03 and 04 have a really nice weight steering, the 06 lose that feel at low speed and have a simliar feel at higher speed due to the speed senstive steering add for that year.

Have fun with the car and keep in mind theres a small war between A/T and M/T owners. I really cant stand A/T guys
Old 06-19-2006, 12:09 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by davidv
As owners have mentioned, it is not the fastest car on the street
We sometimes get a little jadded by spending alot of time on the forums and trick ourselves into thinking the Z is slow... but I am always looking around at other cars when I am driving and I would say 95% of the time I am the fastest car on road.

Its good to know its limits so you don't talk get embarrased by trying to pull on the wrong car... I just wouldn't sell the speed short.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:11 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by MagicPie
Have fun with the car and keep in mind theres a small war between A/T and M/T owners. I really cant stand A/T guys
Translation... if you want mad ricer street cred don't get the AT
Old 06-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Art Vandaleigh

For the money, it really is one of the best buys out there. It's an all around good performer and even with very simple exterior mods like a front lip, it gets more attention than everything minus exotics. I get compliments on my car all the time, most think its a porsche at first glance, and im stock exterior except for a veilside v1/tint.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:51 PM
MeetJoeAsian

yeah the brakes on the car do really well, just remember that car behind you cant stop as fast ,keep that in mind.

03 and 04 have a really nice weight steering, the 06 lose that feel at low speed and have a simliar feel at higher speed due to the speed senstive steering add for that year.

HAHAHAHA...LET THE BASHING BEGIN...AGAIN....hahaha...I'll continue....ummm....damn, what is it that everyone always say about A/T guys...ummm...oh yeah, ONLY REAL DRIVERS DRIVE M/T...or ummm...damn, I'm not sure if that was right or now....oki, nevermind....
Old 06-19-2006, 05:52 PM
MeetJoeAsian

oh yeah....by the way....congratZ in advance...
Old 06-19-2006, 06:01 PM
SS728

Congratz.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:22 PM
imseksy

yep watch out for the AT/MT 350z civil war thats going on the forums. whos the north and whos the south?
Old 06-19-2006, 06:54 PM
350zlove

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy the car, Just remember to be smart out there, This car CAN bite!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:58 PM
NTRIGUE

i never really understood why the coupe was engineered with an automatic. sure the roadster could have an auto as its all ready not a sports car but why the coupe?
Old 06-19-2006, 07:02 PM
steve5

he hasn't taken the car home yet, did he?
still time to switch to the M/T side...
Old 06-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Ztalker

don't forget the Z's excellent gas mileage besides being drop dead gorgeous.... very respectable performance at half the cost..
Old 06-19-2006, 09:50 PM
brigz

dont forget about the possible problems you can come up with, otherwise enjoy!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Reyes_USN

M/T rules!
Old 06-23-2006, 01:06 PM
sen_Griffin

Got the car 03 brickstone sunroof etc, leather heatd seats one owner 23,000 miles, new tires ....A/T.... I truly dont like sticks sorry.

Phewwwwwwwww I have been crowned Promking and won the presedential elections it seems... Ill post pics me and my girlfriend absolutely look like we should be in that car...

Getting the A/T allowed me whoop the dealers *** when it cames time to negotiate here was my arsenal: I had KB price, Nada price, print out of recalls. Carfax reports, asked for maitenance reports, checked the tires(new). Told him no one wanted the car showed him the carfax report that showed how long he had the car.. It was Mercedes Benz dealer... with one nissan upstairs lol.

Told him market wasn't high, not to mention who wants a 287-300hp coupe in A/T...me! No one else. He knew I knew my **** he came down immediately a thousand. Then I showed him my comparisons from the other (six) dealers. I made an Excel doc with Apr's they offered warranty, extras etc.
He came down another 1000 muahahaha I'm relaxed and cool cause I knew I would have payed 26+ for the car lol ... kept trying to talk about trade in or how much I had to put down.. I schooled his *** didnt mention my money until the very end.

Finallly I agree on the price! 24,555 walkout Biotch... Funny thing was my salesman WAS a hot Polish chick... muahha So she figures I need to finance...Boom pull out my check from the credit union for 24,555 the exact amount she said ..you just played me didn't you... Yes, yes like a pinball machine.

Ok I could type forever, pics to come folks....!

THROW YA Z IN THA AIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Last edited by sen_Griffin; 06-23-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:25 PM
streetracer

Well, people bash on the A/T. I myself am M/T; but when the traffic starts hitting, our legs start feeling. So A/T has its good days, just like everyone else.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:41 PM
LeMans 05

Dang it! This thread just made me want my Z again! It's in the shop for minor stuff, including service, and I just found out they aren't getting a part till Monday, so I won't have my Z this weekend!

Quick Reply: First time Z driver