Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Big kudos to MPowers and Crawford Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Big kudos to MPowers and Crawford Z

Mike and Doug, I would like like to publicly thank you for helping me out at the track this past weekend.

To all,
The situation was: I had registered for the Roebling Road event and had driven 5 hours to get there. My Z went into limp mode after arriving in Savanah. After some effort I borrowed a laptop from Bini2 to use Cipher to pull the codes. Doug Stwewart from Carwford Z had to call his shop in NAshville to look up the codes. There were several Throttle body related codes, we weren't sure if it was the TB or the Rheostat on the pedal. Jon Davidson called Mike up and asked if he had a TB for a Z, and the Answer was no. Doug remembered that a TB for an 04 Maxima would also work, which Mike had in stock. Mike was good enough to deliver it to the track, under the conditions that if it it fixed it I would buy it and if not I wouldn't. After a quick install she fired right up.

Another situation came up Saturday were 2 Zs were having some sort of ABS/VDC issues. ONe was mine and one was Jon's. MIke quickly advised us how to disable the ABS system so that we could enjoy the track time with out having the annoying/terrifying braking issues we were having.

IN a nut shell, Thanx Mike. Next time I'm down, I've got your beer tab, providing you do the bar crawl with us.

Also like to thank Doug Stewart for giving up his Friday to help me out. Couldn't have done it without him.

Bryan
Old 06-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice to read things like that-good people those Crawford guys...