Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Filed BBB Complaint

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:15 AM
wilric44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PikesPeakZ
Part of my job consists of responding to Better Business Bureau complaints and I will be the first to tell you that it doesn't do anything for you. They will never force a company to do anything. They only file a complaint so if a customer is researching a company or an investor is interested they can see how they handle complaints. Most companies are not even members so it doesn't matter. Do yourself a favor and chalk it up or take matters into your own hands and do some research so you can bug the **** out of the owner of the company until your situation is resolved or if need be small claims court. 2 cents for ya, by the way the name of the company would be great so no one else here has to deal with the same bull****.
Stillen is a member of the BBB. The only way they can know if thier customer service is poor if the consumers spend the extra time to let them know. BBB has worked for everytime I used them.

They have contacted me by e-mail and they seem serious about correcting the problem. If you spend 10gs you do not want to be treated like a second hand citizen. I am in Iraq so I cannot respond that easily, but if you have a complaint do not talk to the sales rep, they will not forward your complaint. You have to let management know there is a problem.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:10 AM
justinrhenry

i bought an exhaust from stillen and they were wonderful. i had just come out of a bad experience trying to buy an exhaust from another company (mauromotorsports) and stillen made everything quick and easy.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:56 AM
C4talyst

BBB is pretty weak route to get anything done. They will keep your complaint "filed", big deal. You need to do a chargeback w/ your credit card company. If you didn't pay by credit card, start doing so for large purchases for the protection it affords you.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:48 PM
wilric44

I will do that in the future. Stillen is good at selling you stuff, customer service was great until I complained. They are working with me and I have nothing but time so I will hope for the best
Old 06-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by C4talyst
BBB is pretty weak route to get anything done. They will keep your complaint "filed", big deal. You need to do a chargeback w/ your credit card company. If you didn't pay by credit card, start doing so for large purchases for the protection it affords you.

Exactly, I didn't want to chime in but I laugh when people threaten to send someone to the BBB. They won't do crap, It's just a waste of time.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:26 AM
wilric44

It is actually not a waste of time. Last year my wife used it on a furniture store. They ship out a product six or seven times and still could not get it right. So we call the bureau and told them we want a 50% decrease in cost to keep the last shipment. We got our discount. 20 years ago a jewlery store sold me 10k gold braclet and put 14 on the receipt i got all my money back.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:17 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im sorry to hear that your having this kind of problem with them.i installed my stage 4 stillen last wed and it ran great wed and thurs,friday the new fmu (black box) went south.i called them at about 4:15 their time and a 1/2 hour later they sent out a new unit.monday morning at 9:15 east coast time ups showed up with the new box,i rewired it in and the car started right up and runs good again.i had no problems and they were outstanding to say the least.i hope you get your problem resolved quickly.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:21 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by wilric44
It is actually not a waste of time. Last year my wife used it on a furniture store. They ship out a product six or seven times and still could not get it right. So we call the bureau and told them we want a 50% decrease in cost to keep the last shipment. We got our discount. 20 years ago a jewlery store sold me 10k gold braclet and put 14 on the receipt i got all my money back.

I still don't know how you acomplished this? Did you go to court? The BBB doesn't just call and say "Hey give this guy a discount or else?"