Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Production Line Problem's ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 12:55 AM
Zboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was posted a while back that the production of the Z had been pushed by 1 month because of some quality concerns. I would rather wait for them to fall back on schedule a bit, and take care of all the quality issues, than get handed a car which will give me headaches.

PS. Dealer confirmed my car is arriving in September in their first batch of 4 cars!
Old 07-10-2002, 01:04 AM
mattc

Originally posted by Zboy
It was posted a while back that the production of the Z had been pushed by 1 month because of some quality concerns. I would rather wait for them to fall back on schedule a bit, and take care of all the quality issues, than get handed a car which will give me headaches.

PS. Dealer confirmed my car is arriving in September in their first batch of 4 cars!
What dealer in Boston? I ordered through Nissan of Natick.

-MattC
350Z Touring, 6MT, Chrome Silver
Plate: ZISBAK
Old 07-10-2002, 01:13 AM
Zboy

Originally posted by mattc

What dealer in Boston? I ordered through Nissan of Natick.

-MattC
350Z Touring, 6MT, Chrome Silver
Plate: ZISBAK
hey matt,

I ordered from Frost Nissan in Newton. Is the Nissan of natick the one on Route 9? I went to the one on Route 9 first but they were asking for 10% deposit which was non-refundable. For my Track model this would come close to $3500 deposit. This was in january when I was looking for a spot. I chose Frost Nissan because they only asked for $1000 refundable deposit.

Has your dealer contacted you recently? Any word on your car and when it will be arriving?
Old 07-10-2002, 04:53 PM
mattc

Originally posted by Zboy

hey matt,

I ordered from Frost Nissan in Newton. Is the Nissan of natick the one on Route 9? I went to the one on Route 9 first but they were asking for 10% deposit which was non-refundable. For my Track model this would come close to $3500 deposit. This was in january when I was looking for a spot. I chose Frost Nissan because they only asked for $1000 refundable deposit.

Has your dealer contacted you recently? Any word on your car and when it will be arriving?
Too funny! I went to several Nissan dealerships in search of one I felt comfortable with, and Frost was high on the list since I live in Waltham, a few miles from Frost. I went there ready to make the deal and stood in the dealership for almost 15 minutes while everyone ignored me. Not a good feeling, so I went to Nissan of Natick on Rt 9. They originally asked for 10%, but I talked to the Sales Manager and we agreed that $1000 would be sufficient. No problem. I ordered on 1/31.

I stopped in last weekend (7/1) with some of the goodies I have received over the months (playing cards, Pre-Order package, pictures, etc) and asked about the inventory sheet. All 4 cars ordered are scheduled to arrive in September (+/- few weeks). As we get closer, they will get a more accurate date.

How about you? Any idea how many have been ordered from Frost?

-MattC
Old 07-11-2002, 01:11 AM
Zboy

Originally posted by mattc

Too funny! I went to several Nissan dealerships in search of one I felt comfortable with, and Frost was high on the list since I live in Waltham, a few miles from Frost. I went there ready to make the deal and stood in the dealership for almost 15 minutes while everyone ignored me. Not a good feeling, so I went to Nissan of Natick on Rt 9. They originally asked for 10%, but I talked to the Sales Manager and we agreed that $1000 would be sufficient. No problem. I ordered on 1/31.

I stopped in last weekend (7/1) with some of the goodies I have received over the months (playing cards, Pre-Order package, pictures, etc) and asked about the inventory sheet. All 4 cars ordered are scheduled to arrive in September (+/- few weeks). As we get closer, they will get a more accurate date.

How about you? Any idea how many have been ordered from Frost?

-MattC
I ordered mine on 2/2 and I was #8, last spot for their first alottment. Last week, I got a call from Frost that they had some new informantion on my car so I headed over to the dealership. I am one of 4 people who will receive their cars in September. 2 others are scheduled for October while the rest 2 for November. I also got order # for my car from his new information file.

I live in Framingham which is couple minutes from Nissan of Natick but ended up geting from Frost. You live in Waltham which is couple mins from Frost Nissan but ended up getting from Natick. Seems like we all need some excuse to drive the Z extensively as soon as we get our hands on it.

BTW I ordered Track, Brickyard with all options including Navi. My AIM is "meeneemi"