Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How is the black leather seats on a Z coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:58 PM
JJ350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is the black leather seats on a Z coupe?

I am wondering how the black seats are in a 350Z coupe, since I know that black is known to get quite hot in most cars. The only thing with the coupe is that the sun won't be shining down on seats (or will it?), so does it get bad? The exterior is going to be LeMans Sunset by the way.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Travisf@i-a-v.c

Originally Posted by JJ350
I am wondering how the black seats are in a 350Z coupe, since I know that black is known to get quite hot in most cars. The only thing with the coupe is that the sun won't be shining down on seats (or will it?), so does it get bad? The exterior is going to be LeMans Sunset by the way.
Dunno'. The polyesterwilliams black seats in my '05 PPW Base don't seem to get extra hot, but white cars are gonna' be less hot inside than red.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:25 PM
kPaNdA350

Not unless your parked on a slope, I don't think the sun will shine in on the coupe. You could always get some tint . Nice and cool.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:29 PM
jtoddj

I have dark tint and black leather on a cs coupe. It stays cool for the most part, I would recomend getting a sun-visor for the windshield. That helped the most
Old 07-12-2006, 06:58 PM
kpiskin

They do get hot but cool off quick with AC on. They don't bother me.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear shorts nearly year round and it's currently like a billion degrees here in California. I use a front window shade thingy, and the car's burning hot but the seat is comfortable. (Hopefully, I wasn't too technical there)
Old 07-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Jcolman

Mine stays quite comfortable, even in 90 degree plus heat. Tinted windows and a sunshade for when the car is parked makes all the difference.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:51 PM
tmounk

It is damn hot, of course with the AC on it's all good, but with the high engine heat, plus humididy, plus 90 degree temps, even if you leave the windows down to circulate the air out, it is still damn hot. I usually turn my AC on when it rains. The car performs like night and day with the AC on, although if you have the AC running from the outside instead of the inside, the gears aren't that bad to deal with. If you plan on getting one with black leather, make sure you park under a shaded area, or else your as- will be fried.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:48 PM
imjdoggie

Originally Posted by tmounk
It is damn hot, of course with the AC on it's all good, but with the high engine heat, plus humididy, plus 90 degree temps, even if you leave the windows down to circulate the air out, it is still damn hot. I usually turn my AC on when it rains. The car performs like night and day with the AC on, although if you have the AC running from the outside instead of the inside, the gears aren't that bad to deal with. If you plan on getting one with black leather, make sure you park under a shaded area, or else your as- will be fried.
I have black on black and it is hot as #%^& on some days!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:26 PM
z-u-later

You guys need to quit whining about being hot in the East or West Coast. You have not experienced hot until you've been in 100 degree weather for several days in a row in South Texas. Get your windows tinted and buy a windshield cover. You can also cover your seat with a towel and remove it before sitting down. It works all the time...
Old 07-12-2006, 10:22 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

+1 on tint and windshield cover, you should be fine unless your a complete wuss.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Quijano187

its not that bad
Old 07-12-2006, 10:37 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've exactly that combo, LeMans Sunset and black leather. I actually had dealer hunt one with black leather, as harder to find in NZ even brand new as I purchased my 350. I'll generally reverse into most places so the sun is off the seats. Seats can be a bit warm in summer, but nothing too hot.

The tan leather generally requires more looking after as anything likes jeans or dark coloured clothing will leave a slight colour residue on the seats even with leather cleaner and conditioner regularily applied as it should be on any leather. Quite a few 350's I've seen that are about 2 years old plus the tan leather is looking bit off colour.

Sorry not picking holes in anyone's tan leather, just what I've noticed.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:37 PM
HighwaySpeed

Smile

HOT & STICKY!

I prefer the carbon cloth.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:29 AM
ZBigDog

Its not that bad, I've got black leathers down here in FL and would never second guess em. Did throw on a 30% tint all around and spent 5 bucks on one of those pop out winshield covers that fit under the seat when ur not using it.

ps, the yellowish stichting on the black leather really makes em stand out and better then the other leather colors imo.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:51 AM
FWD350zTT
Banned

I have some snake skin seat covers. They were a grip but worth it.

its has a rattle snake design and it is real snake skin. It goes over the whole seat perfectly. I sort of gets hot if I leave it out in the sun, but cools off quick since a chemical known as Polyeurophane is used in the manufacturing process.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

I burn myself everyday even with 35% tint! Thats why I got this, INTRO-TECH
Old 07-13-2006, 07:34 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

If your windows are facing East or West, you're gonna get sunshine in the car either when the sun rises or sets. What does it really matter what color the seats are? If you like black get black. If you're sole determining factor for getting black seats is because of the heat, then no one can give you a right or wrong answer. It's all opinions, who likes black and who doesn't. There are ways to prevent sun exposure. Park in the shade, get some tint, or put up a windshield visor. Have fun and safe driving.

-VO should get paid for this wisdom-
Old 07-13-2006, 07:41 AM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vo7848
If your windows are facing East or West, you're gonna get sunshine in the car either when the sun rises or sets. What does it really matter what color the seats are? If you like black get black. If you're sole determining factor for getting black seats is because of the heat, then no one can give you a right or wrong answer. It's all opinions, who likes black and who doesn't. There are ways to prevent sun exposure. Park in the shade, get some tint, or put up a windshield visor. Have fun and safe driving.

-VO should get paid for this wisdom-
Says the guy with the FROST interior.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:48 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by TK2005
Says the guy with the FROST interior.
And let me tell ya brotha, my a$$ cheeks stay quite cool in the summer time.

Quick Reply: How is the black leather seats on a Z coupe?