Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z and Altima engine same?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 03:34 PM
MikeNT256

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Yup, that's why you get your loan approved before you walk in.
When you have cash in hand you have the power to screw with dealers =)

last car I bought was 26K red tag sell the price is what it is. you cant talk us down. They offered me $1200 for my Civic (trade in)

long story short I paid 23,500 OTD.
I later found out from a friend that works on the other side of the dealer that the dealership paid 23,200 for the car. I bought it for 300 over what they paid and that's with Tax tags and title work. of corse they got my 98 civic but ohwell.

point being. Cash in hand makes it so you can nail down great deals.

ALWAYS have your money setup before walking into a dealer. never ask them any questions about finance unless it's for their used/new % rate, just make sure you follow that question up with a oh thats crappy my bank/credit union can do much better.... (puts the sells person in his place) always be one up on them. If they say something good about the car. say something to counter it to keep the upper hand =) If they ask questions about trade ins tell them you'll talk about that after you find a car you want for the price you want.

so many things you can do to take (thousands) off a price tag.
See I try to play the game as best as I can. When I got my gto, I had cash in hand for a down payment. I got a 72 month loan because that was the best they could approve me for at the time. Buying a car is so difficult I swear, its like you have to be damn near a lawyer to have the ***** and brains to make sure you get the right deal.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:01 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
See I try to play the game as best as I can. When I got my gto, I had cash in hand for a down payment. I got a 72 month loan because that was the best they could approve me for at the time. Buying a car is so difficult I swear, its like you have to be damn near a lawyer to have the ***** and brains to make sure you get the right deal.
oh it's not bad at all man =) I just love taking a sales guy right to the point of him cracking and saying LEAVE. lol in fact with the TL I went straight to the manager I didnt even bother with the sales person.

suckas!
Old 07-15-2006, 04:30 PM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to post a picture of a donky for you =)

Edmunds

Perfect!
If I go through the trouble of showing you why an Altima engine will never work in a Z will you PhotoShop a pic of your face onto that donkey? You are absolutley wrong and I am absolutely right. I will even show you pics of why you are wrong but only if you agree to PS your face onto that donkey.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Fletch69z

I like the SE-R Altima a lot, but only if I had to get a 4 door. There's really no comparison between that and a Z but my wife's next car will be an SE-R so I'm not embarassed to drive the "other" car, .
Old 07-15-2006, 04:44 PM
TK2005

I'll go ahead and show it and if you are any type of man you'll own up to it.

Read this one first because it has pics.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/162520-brand-new-long-block-build-in-which-order.html

Post #6 has the pics and post #8 serves you up. Posts 10 and 11 go into detail.

Some back up threads.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....=maxima+engine

I am expecting that pic of you soon. Enjoy your crow.

Just incase you wanted to argue "eating crow".
Idioms:
eat crow
To be forced to accept a humiliating defeat.

Look, I got pics too.

Please stop giving advice to people about things you know nothing about.

Last edited by TK2005; 07-15-2006 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:20 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by proframer
I own a Z and my wife has a 2005 altima se-r 6-speed. sorry to bust your guys bubble but their the same in speed. the Z handles alot better but she hangs with me all the time . i have a little more top end and for a full size car that thing handles great!I love both cars cars.
maybe your wife is a better driver than you.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:53 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by TK2005
I'll go ahead and show it and if you are any type of man you'll own up to it.

Read this one first because it has pics.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162520

Post #6 has the pics and post #8 serves you up. Posts 10 and 11 go into detail.

Some back up threads.

I am expecting that pic of you soon. Enjoy your crow.

Just incase you wanted to argue "eating crow".
Idioms:
eat crow
To be forced to accept a humiliating defeat.

Look, I got pics too.

Please stop giving advice to people about things you know nothing about.
So you're still missing the point. What is the engine block code in almost every nissan car/truck/van?

Can anyone say VQ35? does this mean its the same motor as the 350Z? I stated from my first post its not 100% the same but it's still a VQ35 block.

In the last picture...toward the rear of the block is the 4 bolt holes for the motor mount. On the FWD cars they are at the back of the block like in your picture. On the RWD cars and trucks they are in the center of the block.

Always ask for pictures of the block when buying a VQ35 engine
That was taken from your post you showed me.
thanks he just proved once again the SE-R has a VQ35.

Just becuase the mounts are not in the same place as the 350z doesnt mean its not a VQ35.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:59 PM
hypeiv

if you can't afford the Z i don't get how you can afford the SE-R... its more expensive... is insurance really that much cheaper on the Altima?
Old 07-15-2006, 07:13 PM
TK2005

So you're still missing the point. What is the engine block code in almost every nissan car/truck/van?

Can anyone say VQ35? does this mean its the same motor as the 350Z? I stated from my first post its not 100% the same but it's still a VQ35 block.

That was taken from your post you showed me.
thanks he just proved once again the SE-R has a VQ35.

Just becuase the mounts are not in the same place as the 350z doesnt mean its not a VQ35.
You are in the running for biggest douche of my350 if you are still trying to make a point. The title asks if the engines are the same. They aren't. Look up the word "same". You are still saying the blocks are the same, which they're not. By your logic, the 350 convertible is the same as the 350 coupe because they're both called the 350. You can try to make it seem as though you are right but you are wrong. You have been wrong since the beginning of this thread. You have no knowledge of the subject and offered bad advice. You aren't man enough to admit you made a mistake so you want to go down like a douche. The title of this thread is not do both cars have a a VQ35. The title is are they the same engine. They are not the same engine. I cannot imagine any possible way to make this more clear to you. They have different part numbers at the dealer. Do you have any idea what I am trying to help you understand? THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. What possibly more would you need to see to understand THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. Does the large print help at all? Let's try it in different colors. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. Please tell me that by now you understand the original question, the meaning of the word "same" and the fact that THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

Here is a copy of the OP's question.

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
As the thread states, is the 350Z 3.5 v6 the same as the Altima?

The reason I ask, is because i've obsessed over owning a Z for the longest time, but have never been able to really fit it in my budget. No dealer can ever get the numbers to work around $350-$400 a month, even with VPP and money down. So I glanced at a dealer demo'd Altima SE-R auto. I would assume if the engine was the same, and supposedly the rear suspension is like the Z's, then the car wouldn't be that bad right? I know it would definitely be more practical, considering this will be my only car.

Last edited by TK2005; 07-15-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:19 PM
jeffie7

I believe the block is the same but outside of that things are different. like cams, computer timing. maybe even heads. I'm not realy 100% sure tho.
That was the first thing I said. I based what I said on the fact that both the 350Z and SE-R both have a VQ35 block.

do both cars have the same motor? um well once again from my first post

I believe the block is the same but outside of that things are different. like cams, computer timing. maybe even heads. I'm not realy 100% sure tho.
I never said they did

I've quoted different sites stating the SE-R has a VQ35 nothing other then the SE-R having a VQ35

Give me a simple yes or no to this queston, does the SE-R have a VQ35?

Once again from my very first post I said they were not the same motors, I pointed out that they were both a VQ35 block.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:28 PM
TK2005

That was the first thing I said. I based what I said on the fact that both the 350Z and SE-R both have a VQ35 block.

do both cars have the same motor? um well once again from my first post

I never said they did

I've quoted different sites stating the SE-R has a VQ35 nothing other then the SE-R having a VQ35

Give me a simple yes or no to this queston, does the SE-R have a VQ35?

Once again from my very first post I said they were not the same motors, I pointed out that they were both a VQ35 block.
The answer to your question is a simple yes. Unfortunately, that wasn't the question of the OP. I still can't believe you are fighting this. Even in your quotes you say that you "believe the blocks are the same". Guess what..............THEY'RE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will never be right about this. I don't even care what you meant. The OP asked a question. I don't care if you misunderstood it. I don't care if you just felt like answering a question that wasn't asked. I don't care if you're on your period. You gave him the wrong answer. Rather than thanking me for clearing up the confusion provided by you, you are on some mission to make sure this guy gets an answer to a question he DIDN'T ASK. I have never had a problem with you before and I don't intend to have one. You were wrong, simple as that. Life will go on. You can be right about the next thing you want to answer. Hell, next question asked, I may just answer with 4. When people try to correct me I will tell them I was answering what 2+2 was whether or not that was the question being asked. Why are you dragging this out. You have been proven so painfully wrong that I can't believe you are still arguing. Just stop.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:37 PM
jeffie7

I said I wasnt 100% sure =)~ but I did know it was a VQ35.

I just enjoy reading your post hahaha.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:39 PM
jeffie7

You are in the running for biggest douche of my350 if you are still trying to make a point. The title asks if the engines are the same. They aren't. Look up the word "same". You are still saying the blocks are the same, which they're not. By your logic, the 350 convertible is the same as the 350 coupe because they're both called the 350. You can try to make it seem as though you are right but you are wrong. You have been wrong since the beginning of this thread. You have no knowledge of the subject and offered bad advice. You aren't man enough to admit you made a mistake so you want to go down like a douche. The title of this thread is not do both cars have a a VQ35. The title is are they the same engine. They are not the same engine. I cannot imagine any possible way to make this more clear to you. They have different part numbers at the dealer. Do you have any idea what I am trying to help you understand? THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. What possibly more would you need to see to understand THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. Does the large print help at all? Let's try it in different colors. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. Please tell me that by now you understand the original question, the meaning of the word "same" and the fact that THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

Here is a copy of the OP's question.

I love this post =)

Made me think about this

http://www.gkko.com/videos/3468/angry-bt-customer/

Last edited by jeffie7; 07-15-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:44 PM
TK2005

I said I wasnt 100% sure =)~ but I did know it was a VQ35.

I just enjoy reading your post hahaha.
A lot of people enjoy reading my posts. That's no reason to waste them on repeating myself. I didn't even care that you were wrong. I just wanted to make sure the OP got the correct answer but then you came up with your donkey pic (which I still need to see your face attached to). There are lots of things I don't know anything about. I own a dealership, a salvage yard, way too much automotive software, and years upon years of experience. This is my thing. I will purposely answer something wrong later so that you can correct me but let this one go.

Last edited by TK2005; 07-15-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:53 PM
jeffie7

A lot of people enjoy reading my posts. That's no reason to waste them on repeating myself. I didn't even care that you were wrong. I just wanted to make sure the OP got the correct answer but then you came up with your donkey pic (which I still need to see your face attached to). There are lots of things I don't know anything about. But I own a dealership, a salvage yard, way too much automotive software, and years upon years of experience. This is my thing. I will purposely answer something wrong later so that you can correct me but let this one go.
It's still a VQ35 Bahhahahha.

Answer this for me.

Does a 2004+ TL have the same shift **** thread size as a 350? If so how much for a shiftknob? Dealer wants $74 bucks for the TL shift ****.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:24 PM
TK2005

It's still a VQ35 Bahhahahha.

Answer this for me.

Does a 2004+ TL have the same shift **** thread size as a 350? If so how much for a shiftknob? Dealer wants $74 bucks for the TL shift ****.
They hide the good $hit at Pepboys. They light up and everything. Oh, and the threads are different between the two cars. Also, try to not sit on the shift ****. They last longer that way.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:31 PM
jeffie7

They hide the good $hit at Pepboys. They light up and everything. Oh, and the threads are different between the two cars. Also, try to not sit on the shift ****. They last longer that way.
many nights ago I sat on it but it didnt fit. can't say I didnt try....

So does that mean you have no idea the TL VS 350Z specs? sounds like the older TL shift ***** are smaller like the hondas. I'm hoping the newer style TL shift **** fits the Z it would make for a great Zknob.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:35 PM
dedmoonstears

Default dont make thefktards cry

hahhaa so much love today
Old 07-15-2006, 08:45 PM
TK2005

many nights ago I sat on it but it didnt fit. can't say I didnt try....

So does that mean you have no idea the TL VS 350Z specs? sounds like the older TL shift ***** are smaller like the hondas. I'm hoping the newer style TL shift **** fits the Z it would make for a great Zknob.
I posted that they were different. I am not sure of that but that was me giving you a chance to prove me wrong.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:28 PM
irish27

TK2005, I'm sorry, but you need serious help. You got so lost in the miniscule that you miss the point.
What bothers me about the way you handled yourself here is that this guy is asking advice about the differences between the Altima SE-R and the Z. Same engine? Performance the same? etc. Why not use your massive knowledge of all things VQ to give the guy some good advice instead of wasting his time.

Quick Reply: 350Z and Altima engine same?