Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z test drive quite disappointing

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:19 PM
99atlantic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro194
The Z06 is not a targa top...its a hardtop.
*cough* roof separation issue *cough*

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
I have no problem with his original post, its the posts he makes afterwards claiming to be 23 with unlimited funds and that he can buy anything he wants, yet he drives a 3-4 year old G35... Then he goes on to claim to own a 911 and that he's going to buy some $80k cobra replica... My B.S. meter started to go off after all that....

I bet if we were to search a few other sites we will find the exact same thread started there also... This kid is just trying to get attention...
Oh noes, I drive a 3 1/2yr old G35 and 996, 00000000000h noes!!!!111111oneoneoneoneoneoneone

Quick, tomorrow I shall run to ZR and purchase and Enzo to satisfy everyone on here

Seriously, some of you people make me go There's a reason i'm only 23 and manage a hedge fund - because i know what the hell to do when it comes to money, both my own and others (but i won't deny it that was partially luck after i left the managed futures investment firm that I wound up where I am now).

In any case - reality check - not everybody with a lot of wealth feels the need to collect Lambos and live in $20M homes. Also note I didn't instigate anything by going 'look at me!!! look at me!!!!'.... I simply commented on my weekends test drives and a bunch of homos decided to jump on my *****. Then they proceeded to jump somemore when I made a simple joke about running 100:1 leverage in my fund. Interesting, on another car forum I frequent I made the EXACT same post and everybody chimmed in with their own disappointing test drive experiences....guess probably because there their ***** have dropped.

Btw, for anybody who wants to call me out, prepare a bank certified net worth statement (proof of accredited investor status) and have a cheque for atleast $500,000, then I'll give you my private number and we'll talk turkey.

And to save you some time, here's a bodybuilding forum I post on - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/member.php?u=63342

Wait!!!!!!!!! He posts on a bodybuilding forum and sells a book he wrote 6yrs ago online for $8! Oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!! he should have bought out a publishing company ages ago!!!!!

You people make AJ laugh
Old 07-25-2006, 03:22 AM
hotspur

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
I have no problem with his original post, its the posts he makes afterwards claiming to be 23 with unlimited funds and that he can buy anything he wants, yet he drives a 3-4 year old G35... Then he goes on to claim to own a 911 and that he's going to buy some $80k cobra replica... My B.S. meter started to go off after all that....

I bet if we were to search a few other sites we will find the exact same thread started there also... This kid is just trying to get attention...
Nail hit right on head. One large ego problem. As if anyone here gives a crap.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Jcolman

Originally Posted by 99atlantic
Btw, for anybody who wants to call me out, prepare a bank certified net worth statement (proof of accredited investor status) and have a cheque for atleast $500,000, then I'll give you my private number and we'll talk turkey.

Nobody wants to "call you out" as your posts are boorish, immature and lack any real substance. Internet financial warriors like you are a dime a dozen. Nobody is impressed. Nobody cares.

Now if you want to talk intelligently about that Shelby Cobra replica you claim to want to build someday bring it on bigboy.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:31 AM
99atlantic

Originally Posted by Jcolman
Nobody wants to "call you out" as your posts are boorish, immature and lack any real substance. Internet financial warriors like you are a dime a dozen. Nobody is impressed. Nobody cares.

Now if you want to talk intelligently about that Shelby Cobra replica you claim to want to build someday bring it on bigboy.

Yes, so immature. I give my review of a few cars and everybody jumps on my *****

Btw, I never said I was building it - just buying a turn-key or have WMS build a kit for me - I freely admit I have 0 mechnical knowledge when it comes to cars - hell, it took me almost 30minutes to figure out how to install a z-tube
Old 07-25-2006, 09:43 AM
C4talyst

Test drove a few cars today, most were big let-downs
06 350z roadster - felt dog slow and very quiet (needs headers ) .... I guess the extra 06 weight, plus the fact it's a 'vert, just doesn't help it against compared to an 03 *shrug*
I'm not sure if this applies to Z's, but convertibles are generally heavier and don't perform as well as coupes due to decreased frame rigidity and increased body roll. Guys who drive convertibles are in it for the show, not the go.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:22 AM
99atlantic

Originally Posted by C4talyst
I'm not sure if this applies to Z's, but convertibles are generally heavier and don't perform as well as coupes due to decreased frame rigidity and increased body roll. Guys who drive convertibles are in it for the show, not the go.

yea, hence the slow part of my comment ^_^

Although I guess I could have avoided most of this backlash if I had added the positives of it as well - handled well, looked good, tranny shifting suprisingly improved from the 03s.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 AM
OUphidelt

Yea...you guys need to have a loan pre-approval for 1.5 Mill to talk to me.

And you arent the only one with family money pal.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:50 AM
99atlantic

Originally Posted by OUphidelt
Yea...you guys need to have a loan pre-approval for 1.5 Mill to talk to me.

And you arent the only one with family money pal.
lol

But this post just proves my point from above anyways .... it varies state-state/province-province, but to invest in a hedge fund you have to be an accredited investor (here that means annual income of $200k/yr and atleast $1M in liquid assets). THe point wasn't that if you want to talk to me you have to be rich, it was that if you want to talk turkey (business) with me, pony up and put your ***** on the table.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:23 AM
CFaddict350z
Banned

Funny how the mood on this thread changed as everybody on here once again looks like a complete jerkoff!! BTW 99atlantic, you wrote that bodybuilding book? are you a body builder?? interesting stuff, dont sweat these homos on here, i got your original post.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Brocken

I can't believe I read this thread...I want my 10 minutes back.

I think the problem with your initial post is that you're comparing apples to oranges.
If you have money to buy whatever, great. But decide what you actually want before asking suggestions.
You drove a wagon, convertibles, a mustang and another mercedes. What do you want? Wind in your hair with a convertible? Flossing in a Mercedez?
Or do you want a fast, good handling car?
Sure they were all close by and easy to test but I would decide on a type of car and drive a bunch in that class instead of just some random cars that were handy.

If I had the money and was considering a Cobra I wouldn't settle for the kit. I would buy an original. Sure it's $200 or $300k and hard to find vs $40k and somebody puts it together for you but why buy a fake if you can afford the real thing? Saving money? Unless you drive like a dillhole and wreck it the original would be a good investment. Those things won't likely lose their value, they're a limited commodity. But the kits, any dude that orders the body/chassis and puts in a 5.0 drivetrain can have one.

Just my opinion though.
p.s. talking about yourself in the third person is lame.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by EdJ
Go have your head checked Maybe you can buy a rocket from NASA, maybe that'll be fast enough
+1

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
hmmm you are not too bright threadstarter....

hmmm SL 55 AMG compared with a mustang and a 350Z BWHAHAHA wow hmmm i'm just speechless.

drive safe....
+1

Originally Posted by chingwithbling
GUYZ, I CAN'T CHOOSE BETWEEN DA CARRERA GT AND DA NEW MUSTANG GT. THE MUSTANG JUST FEELZ SO MUCH SLOWR. BUT MY DAD WON'T BY ME THE CARRERA GT. I'M PISSD OOOOFFFFFF.

HELP ME, PLZZZZZZZ...

Originally Posted by TK2005
I'll call BS if no one else wants to. I think he is full of it.
+1

Originally Posted by eat rice z33
i bet you he is 14 years old
Old 07-28-2006, 02:49 AM
Jcolman

Originally Posted by Brocken
If I had the money and was considering a Cobra I wouldn't settle for the kit. I would buy an original. Sure it's $200 or $300k and hard to find vs $40k and somebody puts it together for you but why buy a fake if you can afford the real thing? Saving money? Unless you drive like a dillhole and wreck it the original would be a good investment. Those things won't likely lose their value, they're a limited commodity. But the kits, any dude that orders the body/chassis and puts in a 5.0 drivetrain can have one.
And I'd drive an exotic if I had $300k to burn on a car. But to dismiss Cobra replicas just because it's not a "real" car is pretty lame. The original Cobras handled like crap. The frame rails were pretty thin and the torque of the big block 427 or 428 would twist the chassis. Most replicas on the other hand, have much stronger frames and use modern running gear. A modern replica is built far better than the originals ever were.

Most people buy replicas because they want to drive them. Think about it...would you risk running a $300k car on the street, much less a track? Driving a well set up Cobra replica on the track is one of the things every man should do before he dies.

If you want a trailer queen and have the money to burn, buy yourself a real Cobra. If you want to have fun with a car that is affordable, get yourself a replica.

Finally, a well built replica will hold it's value and you won't lose much, if any, money if you ever sell. I sold mine for a little over $2,000 more than I paid for it. Best car investment I ever made.

Last edited by Jcolman; 07-28-2006 at 02:52 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by freemanjc
You seem like a person that wouldn't be happy with anything your purchased, no matter what your buying. Remember no matter waht you buy something will always be faster than you, it's all about being practical and that is what the Z brings to the table.

Aslo, what you need to keep in mind is that speed is nothing without control. I have a 98C5 but I am selling my car to get a Z. Why you might as; becuase the 350Z is practial, relaible and the price of gas these days in a Corvette is insane.

The Z, practical?

2 seat sports car with barely a trunk, that only gets 19/26mpg. What's practical about that?

And the new Corvette's get 18/28 city/hwy MPG. Corvette is not insane at all. Drive it like a normal car, with the gearing it has it can get great gas-mileage (relatively).
Old 08-06-2006, 01:16 PM
freemanjc

[QUOTE=Hypnoz]The Z, practical?

2 seat sports car with barely a trunk, that only gets 19/26mpg. What's practical about that?

Ahh,

Yet, game is afoot and the fish are biting! Practicality in the reliability of a vehicle is what I would cal practical young grasshopper. You have read the words, but have not chosen to understand and refine the meaning in its context.

Let me point out a few issues as a third time owner of a corvette.

1. Corvette Sales tax. I not going to explain what this is, but if you know anyone who has owned a corvette
have them explain it to you.

2. Oils Consumption into the intake
3. Torque management engagement
4. Dreaded Faulty Tire Pressure Sensors.
5. Really bad ware of the leather seats.
6. Repeated Column Issue
7. Price of Tires, need I say more
8. Battery Leakage problem, for some wiping out there ECU and Wiring Harness
9. Fuel Shut Error “Pull Key and wait ten Seconds) (Repeating Issues)
10. Dealership Service (Well Lack there of”

I could go on here, but I won’t. Granted every car has issues but my C5 was killing me in the pocket.

R,

Free
Old 08-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Mr_Q

You want fast? Buy a Bugatti Veyron.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:29 PM
zownz

06 350z roadster - felt dog slow and very quiet (needs headers ) .... I guess the extra 06 weight, plus the fact it's a 'vert, just doesn't help it against compared to an 03 *shrug*

others:
05 mustang gt 'vert - felt dog slow. I've never driven a new GT so I was expecting a lot, but it just didn't have anything in it. maybe because it was a convertible

0?5? E55 AMG wagon - felt fast, but a lot slower than I was expecting -> again maybe because it was a wagon and all that extra weight?

04 M3 cab - again, felt fast but a let down from what I was expecting (SMG was cool though)

0?5? SL55 AMG - very fast; faster than I thought it would be :nod:

Kind of a let down from what I was expecting...........should just get a blown 427 shelby cobra replica and be done with it :word: (or an 03/04 cobra :nervous: )

so the headers on the Z will make you happy...and the car fast enough?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:29 PM
C4talyst

If you you're looking for performance, stop looking at convertibles. They're heavier and don't handle as well.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you you're looking for performance, stop looking at convertibles. They're heavier and don't handle as well.
^ thats the dumbest thing I heard.. (dont handle as well)
Old 08-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Aeleven

I drove a Lamborghini Murcielago, fast, but a lot slower than I was expecting.
I drove a Ferrari Enzo, it was fast , but i didnt like the radio.
I drove a mclaren, was as fast as i thought maybe its the extra weight of the 3rd seat.
Maybe i'll stick to my 859 HP Honda Civic with Vtak

others:
05 mustang gt 'vert - felt dog slow. I've never driven a new GT so I was expecting a lot, but it just didn't have anything in it. maybe because it was a convertible

0?5? E55 AMG wagon - felt fast, but a lot slower than I was expecting -> again maybe because it was a wagon and all that extra weight?

04 M3 cab - again, felt fast but a let down from what I was expecting (SMG was cool though)

0?5? SL55 AMG - very fast; faster than I thought it would be :nod:

Kind of a let down from what I was expecting...........should just get a blown 427 shelby cobra replica and be done with it :word: (or an 03/04 cobra :nervous: )
Old 08-06-2006, 07:54 PM
MulhollandDrive

It depends on what you are looking for in a driving experience. Top down spirited motoring on a summer evening through the back roads is IMHO the ultimate motoring performance experience in a car. Not nearly as much fun as a motorcycle, but a lot safer. Sticking a steel top on the car is like putting a condom on your car

Quick Reply: 350z test drive quite disappointing