Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

do i have a chance or NO?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002 | 03:39 AM
mdouvris

Default August?

Sorry dude, If you did'nt preorder you will get to test drive in January.
Old 07-11-2002 | 03:47 AM
rep15

This brings up an interesting question. As we see on the forum a few are bailing from the deposit. If the dealer gets the car in September without a buyer, what is to prevent the sale on the open market regardless of Nissan's desire?
Old 07-11-2002 | 04:33 AM
Traffic

Default Re: do i have a chance or NO?

Originally posted by desimakk
i dont want to preorder my 350z without first taking it for a test drive and checking out the car how it handles feels spaciousness and the whole nine........so the question is do i have a chance on getting the car from the dealership whenever they are shipped here sometime late August??????? or am i only going to get it if i perorder it????
Ask someone who has pre-ordered it to take you for a spin. I would let you test-drive mine, but it's mine. That's why I call it "mine"

Seriously though, the dealer might take you out for a really short spin if they have a show model or a Z without an owner.
Old 07-11-2002 | 05:40 AM
roberto350z

as far as an ownerless car in sept., many dealers Im sure have a "wait list" maybe 1 or 2 preorders long. I for one will "test drive" my car home. No around the block BS, and there are plenty of folk like me. If you want a Z by the end of the year, I suggest you find the GM's of several dealers in your area and just talk to them constantly. Then be at the right place and the right time and with no talking of "doubts" and "test drives"...just buying.

Solution 2. there might be a couple of dealers in remote areas of the midwest. I heard only 6800 preorders were filled, leaving 700 left!
Old 07-11-2002 | 05:51 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Originally posted by rpgonzalez
Solution 2. there might be a couple of dealers in remote areas of the midwest. I heard only 6800 preorders were filled, leaving 700 left!
ZISME posted that they ended up with 7800 preorders. So much for Solution 2. But I do have a solution for you, find a dealer that will let you put down a small refundable deposit and who will sell at MSRP, then to call you when a pre-order falls through. Most dealers will not do this, but I am sure there is one within 300 miles of where you live who will. Then when a preorder falls through, drive the car, if you like it buy it, if not get your deposit back.
Old 07-11-2002 | 06:58 PM
mdouvris

Default Possible

According to Nissan I think each dealer must have one that they can display or use for test drives. Those will be available in the Nov-Dec time frame. The pre orders will all be filled before you see those though.
Old 07-11-2002 | 07:03 PM
westpak
SFZCC
Premier Member

Originally posted by rep15
This brings up an interesting question. As we see on the forum a few are bailing from the deposit. If the dealer gets the car in September without a buyer, what is to prevent the sale on the open market regardless of Nissan's desire?
There are some people bailing but I am sure that there are more dealers like mine who did not sell the entire preorder and put in "dummy" orders with the salesmen's names to get some, the only thing will be that you will have to go with what they ordered the same with orders of people bailing out so you will probably be able to find one but pickings will be slim until next year.