2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I mean really Nissan, it's time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Built2shredZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunmetal-Z
TT Supra. ST Supra. NA Supra.

Why can't we have different variations of the Z, I mean if you don't want a TT Z, there should be NA Z's available. For those who want say, a ST or TT Z, those should be available as well.
Notice there is no more Supra either.... And running various engine setups on the previous Z ended up killing that car to...

When nissan decided to make the 350z the company was in trouble financially and need to keep costs down... In order to do this they built a engine they could use across the various model line ups.

The engine is used in the Maxima, Altima, 350z, G35, FX35, M35 not sure if they use it in there trucks also..

From a bussiness standpoint it was a smart move, even tho the hardcore enthusaists will be disappointed.

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 08-03-2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:05 PM
LIdrew

Originally Posted by Kolia
Never had any problem keeping up with STi’s and EVO’s. The Z is not a drag car anyways, it’s a carver. Get a Mustang or an STi or an EVO otherwise…
Evo's and Sti's aren't drag cars either. They carve as well as some of the best cars on the planet for alot less $$. They happen to be fast in a straight line as well.

I drive a Z by the way so i'm not busting on the Z.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:19 PM
dragon11689

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think nissan should go for skyline power numbers. 1,000hp+ LOL. That would be funny. Then people would really have something to worry about. Posts will no longer be fear this or fear that. Screw that. WE ARE TO BE FEARED.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LIdrew
Evo's and Sti's aren't drag cars either. They carve as well as some of the best cars on the planet for alot less $$. They happen to be fast in a straight line as well.

I drive a Z by the way so i'm not busting on the Z.
Agreed. EVO and STi are very fast on a road course also. AWD can't be beat.

But the STi has nowhere near the steering response of a Z. Main reason I left the Subaru crowd in the first place...
Old 08-03-2006, 06:30 PM
kevinbonds

the manufatcurer is only insterested in profit. Honestly in my opinion there is no sense for Nissan to put money into a winning concept. The previous generations of Z's were considered a failure. Take for example the Z32 tt, the car was just misunderstood. People were not ready to spend porsche money on a Nissan. Although it's probably one of the best cars and motors ever to come out of japan (stricly opinion I own one). Anyway the bean counters a Nissan are finally happy the compnay has turned around. There is no way they wil spend the countless dollars on research, training all the technicians, and on marketing. Besides a the few on this board the average person who buys a Z probably doesnt even know what an STI, or SRT 4 even is. Not to mention what the hell a turbo is and why they want one. Nissan is taking a risk with the GTR cause of the enourmous success of the Z. It will stay the same till they dont sell anymore. There is a reason why the 3000gt tt, the 300zxtt, the supra tt, arent being produced anymore. People saw that they could buy and Na 300zx for 8K less and say to themselves, "well they both look the same and the payment is cheaper on the NA thats what I want". Most people dont really care, and thats who car makers sell cars to people who dont really care.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:02 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_Q
NISSAN, BOLT ON AN EFF'N TURBO ALREADY!! The Z's history is full of stock provided FI cars.
oh I think you're referring to the ZX generation; which had turbos...that generation was the failure of the Z...the original Datsun Z and the new current Z33 are the only TRUE Z's to appreciate...good riddance to OEM turbo for the 350Z...let the aftermarket feed that craving