Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Horrible Experience with HPAUTOWORKS.COM

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:55 AM
cubu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Horrible Experience with HPAUTOWORKS.COM

-EDIT- Have recieved email from Andy and am once again waiting for refund.

Giving you guys a heads up on my experience with Andy and Hpautoworks.com:

Friday July14 - I ordered an HKS exhaust from Andy at hpautoworks over the phone, and was told that the exhaust will ship same day or following monday via UPS

Mon - I called and called, left messages but no luck

Tue - I called and called, finally got to speak to someone and was told that it would ship at the end of the day via UPS. I asked if they could ship to different address since it was shipping a day later and i would be leaving town friday, and i was told no problem.

Wed - I called to ask for tracking #, but was told that they didn't get the tracking # till the end of the week and that the exhaust was shipped the day before and Friday should be delivery date

Fri July 21 - I head out of town early morning. Waited all day at my girlfriends ,then UPS came and had nothing for me, so i called hpautoworks and finally get to talk to Andy again. I told him UPS came and didn't deliver anything, he tells me that it was shipped Fedex and there seemed to be a mix up of some sort when changing the shipping address.... i was thinking how when when i asked for a different shipping address the package wasn't even shipped off yet... but anyway. He told me he just spoke to FedEx personally about my order to get a correct tracking number since the one he had was no longer valid and then goes on to tell me that he ships FedEx with saturday delivery and that i should wait and see. Then he tells me he will call when he gets the tracking number.

Sat - Nothing comes and no calls.

Mon - I call and call, leave messages on machine, no reply.

Tue - I call and call, then someone picks up phone and says Andy is on phone with FedEx about my order, he took a message and said Andy will call me back. No call. I call back 30min before they close, and was told Andy is on the phone again, another message, and another unreturned call.

Wed - I call and call, no one picks up. I write Andy an email asking him to call me and let me know whats going on. I get a reply email, saying telephone lines are down, and tells me again that there was a mix up when changing the address, I reply and ask for a tracking number, no reply.

Thu - I call FedEx in the morning to see if i can track the package myself to see when the eta was, i asked them to check both shipping addresses to make sure, i was told nothing was in the systems that anything was shipping to me. I email Andy back telling him what i found out and he replies saying that it was shipped UPS not Fedex... this is when i finally smelled something fishy, cause didn't he talk to fedex and blahblahblah?... I replied again asking for the tracking number and if he couldn't supply me with one then just refund me the 1300$. Now i don't mind waiting if it takes a while or not in stock, but i'd just like to know whats going on. I no longer wanted to do business with him with all the bs i was being fed. He didn't have the tracking number so i we agreed on a refund. I then placed an order with Intensepower.com.

Fri July 28- I email him to confirm the credit to my CC, and if he could email me back a transaction or confirmation #. I got a reply from him saying he credited me back the previous day, thursday, and that it would post in 3-4 business days.

Wed
- My CC had not been credited, sent an emal, no reply

Thu - My CC has not been credited, i write him an email, no reply. My exhaust from Intensepower.com comes, great service btw.

Fri Aug 4 -CC still not credited, another email, another no reply. Exhaust installed, looks and sounds nice... audio clips dont' do it justice.

Today - here i am writing this, i will have to call my CC company to see if i can dispute the charges. i am planning on submitting a complaint to the BBB, while searching the site i found hpautoworks has 2 complaints that was not responded to, big suprise. Hpautoworks has not once contacted me first about anything, and when i get in contact with them the info i get is basically BS. shipped UPS? shipped FedEx? shipped at All? what credit/refund? Well its off my chest now, good luck to you guys, and any advice would be great, thanks

Last edited by cubu; 08-08-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:24 AM
stein

Originally Posted by Shipping and Returns Information
We are here to serve our customers any way we can.
Sounds like you got served all right!

Yah that is a screwed up way to handle a customer! Personally I'm glad you canceled
Old 08-07-2006, 11:33 AM
zzz350

thanx forthe warning
Old 08-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Sial

Err...thanks for the warning, but it seems like you were just a bit impatient calling nearly every day? Not saying that is any excuse for HP Autoworks, just a little excessive.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sial
Err...thanks for the warning, but it seems like you were just a bit impatient calling nearly every day? Not saying that is any excuse for HP Autoworks, just a little excessive.

i disagree, if someone you spend $1300.00 with tells you something then you have every right and should follow up with them everyday b/c they have already bs'd you to that point, imo I think he handled it very conservatively
<<<<<<< would have been off the hook with them, thanks for the heads up cubu.....
Old 08-07-2006, 12:46 PM
cubu

i do admit that i felt like i was calling too much, but no one ever picked up the phone, all i wanted was a tracking #
Old 08-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Z_freak

i think if you had not called, you would be sitting there with no tracking number, no exhaust and no refund....
Old 08-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Sial

Originally Posted by Z_freak
i disagree, if someone you spend $1300.00 with tells you something then you have every right and should follow up with them everyday b/c they have already bs'd you to that point, imo I think he handled it very conservatively
<<<<<<< would have been off the hook with them, thanks for the heads up cubu.....
Well, I probably wouldn't have called that much. But I did re-read this part:

I called to ask for tracking #, but was told that they didn't get the tracking # till the end of the week and that the exhaust was shipped the day before and Friday should be delivery date

That's clearly BS. FedEx gives you a tracking number before they ever pick up the package. So does UPS, USPS, and most other national courier services.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:10 PM
zmotion

Calling everyday is excessive when you have $1300 in the balance??? I would have been calling those a-holes every hour!
Old 08-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Sial

Originally Posted by zmotion
Calling everyday is excessive when you have $1300 in the balance??? I would have been calling those a-holes every hour!
I remember before I had my Z I ordered the Nismo wheels for my Spec V from a dealership in CA that had they cheaper than list although still relatively pricey. It took that place a while to get around to shipping them, but I didn't see the need to pester them. *shrug* Guess that's just me.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:23 PM
JhayRCruz

is HPautoworks a sponsor in this forum??
Old 08-07-2006, 02:32 PM
usmanasif

Weird. The thread about Vivid Racing includes a thumbs up for HP Auto...

I hope your issue is resolved soon. This is ridiculous. No excuse for such behavior.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:05 PM
highside107

Originally Posted by JhayRCruz
I hope they're not.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Sial

Originally Posted by JhayRCruz
I thought they were. In fact, I swear I've seen Andy make posts before.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:24 AM
cubu

no, i don't believe they are sponsors... still no email response or refund
Old 09-01-2006, 04:31 PM
cubu

Well still haven't recieved credit. I was told that credit was issued august 14th, i got faxed a credit slip, but my CC company hasn't heard anything.... Wow
Old 09-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Sial

I'll recind my previous post and agree that's pretty lousy.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:37 PM
masterj26

have you disputed the charge yet with your credit card company?
Old 09-03-2006, 08:20 PM
zzz350

Originally Posted by zmotion
I wouldn't have called them "everyday", I would have called them "a-holes"

Quick Reply: Horrible Experience with HPAUTOWORKS.COM