Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:32 PM
MyIS300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8 hours at the dealership...

So I took my 350zr 2005 in for repairs... all TSBs

1) greese marks on window
2) rear axel clicking noise from passenger side

And it took all day for them to take the car apart/test drive to tell me that they are TSBs and that they had to order parts..

LoL, wasted the whole day at the dealership, took apart the whole door panels/rotor to only find out that I was right.. they put everything back and told me to come back next week..

No loaner car... ugh.. now I remind me for 41k why I didn't get another brand car?
Old 08-07-2006, 09:34 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, that really sucks. I hate it when you go into the dealership knowing more about the car then the service writer does.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:13 PM
MyIS300

to top things off, the service consultant said "we are gonna rip the thing apart and find out whats wrong, the door is pretty hard to remove off a ZR, so it's going to be tough to take off, dont know how long it will take, never seen this problem before"

omg.. i was like SH*T you gonna do what? rip it off? ugh... there are ways to say things .. that was not a good way to make a customer feel good...
Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 PM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
wow, that really sucks. I hate it when you go into the dealership knowing more about the car then the service writer does.
you only look at things from your side of it... how about trying to understand the dealers side of things... nobody and i mean nobody as far as a dealership is concerned is going to just take a customers word for it and make a repair and then bill the manufacturer.

the only way the manufacturer is going to pay the dealer for the time and materials it takes to repair the car is if the tech can verify or duplicate thhe complaint.

as far as the loaner thing it sucks i know. but you spending 41k for your car doesnt make you any more special than the old lady that paid 8k for her used sentra. she deserves just as much respect as you do
Old 08-07-2006, 11:45 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Ya but it takes about 10 seconds to hear a rear axle click and see grease marks on the window? I hate the stearlership, they always damage something else when trying to fix the original problems. e.g tore my front bumper, scratched my wheels, scratched front fenders, etc.etc. they should have atleast shuttled you home or something. And you would think these guys would have most of this in stock as they are service bulletins??? they should at least have one of everthing on hand to do tsb repairs.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:54 PM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by idwin
Ya but it takes about 10 seconds to hear a rear axle click and see grease marks on the window? I hate the stearlership, they always damage something else when trying to fix the original problems. e.g tore my front bumper, scratched my wheels, scratched front fenders, etc.etc. they should have atleast shuttled you home or something. And you would think these guys would have most of this in stock as they are service bulletins??? they should at least have one of everthing on hand to do tsb repairs.

and it takes time to get the car in the shop too.... should he be rushed in because he paid more for his car?

no

should he be rushed infront of the poeple that come in behind him but had scheduled appointments?
again no

how do you know the dealership didnt have 1 of everything in stock or even 5 of each thing in stock that matter. they could have used the last axle they had 20 minutes before he got there on another z.

you talk to your advisor and techs like ****, you call the dealership a stealership and you get ****tie with everyone that doesnt see things your way when you come in there and you wonder why the lady that can in an hour after you has already left with her repairs. might have to do with how she treated the advisor.

............................................................ ............................................................
Old 08-08-2006, 12:32 AM
MyIS300

First of I was extremely nice to everyone their.. I had an appointment at 9am and I was there at 8:50am sharp...

I never said I should be put in higher priority then someone that pay less then my car fool...

What I did say was that if I had pay 41k say at lexus/bmw I would have gotten great customer service and a loaner for the day...

To be honest, I've yet to see a decent Nissan dealership...

btw, I had a 2002 is300... super super service at the lexus dealership

IT SHOULDN'T take 8 hours to figure out the issue...

is there greese? yes
is there a clicking noise? yes

do i have the parts? no

ok... order the crap and call me back when u get them in... 1 hour max
Old 08-08-2006, 12:33 AM
MyIS300

And no other Z were in the shop.. i was the only Z they saw that day...

I know because i stayed in the crappy waiting room for 8 hours... wondering why I ever picked nissan...
Old 08-08-2006, 12:37 AM
MyIS300

Originally Posted by John@Victory
you talk to your advisor and techs like ****, you call the dealership a stealership and you get ****tie with everyone that doesnt see things your way when you come in there and you wonder why the lady that can in an hour after you has already left with her repairs. might have to do with how she treated the advisor.
Where did I ever say that I talked to the tech/advisor like crap?

Let me guess, you probably work at a dealership and this is a little tension you had to get off your chest? LOL
Old 08-08-2006, 12:39 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by MyIS300
And no other Z were in the shop.. i was the only Z they saw that day...

I know because i stayed in the crappy waiting room for 8 hours... wondering why I ever picked nissan...

so sell it or get a tissue and dry up you damn tears.

nissan isnt lexus if you havent noticed... nor is nissan acura, bmw, infiniti, mercedes, jaguar, or bently

nissan is NISSAN

compare nissan service with what they are supposed to be compared to
honda, ford, pontiac, toyota, chevrolet ect ect.

you didnt buy a high line car... you bought a nissan for christs sakes...

dry up the tears and get on with your life
Old 08-08-2006, 12:41 AM
MyIS300

as far as the loaner thing it sucks i know. but you spending 41k for your car doesnt make you any more special than the old lady that paid 8k for her used sentra. she deserves just as much respect as you do
When did I ever say that I should receive better service then the 8k that the old lady paid for her used sentra?

John, one thing you need to do is quit stereotyping. Just because you might see that w/ your customers at your dealership.. doesn't mean that this is what happened here..

leave the work tension at work... work with me... r e l a x...
Old 08-08-2006, 12:48 AM
MyIS300

Angry

its evident you talk to them like crap....you already stated twice that you were better than everyone else with your 41k dollar car...

and do i work for a dealership? well yes i do. its pretty evident with the big sponsor symbol on the left side.

people like you i wish came into my store... you would be leaving the first time you got crappy... with absolutely no repair made
When did I ever say that I'm better then everyone else with a 41k car LOL... I live in the bay area.. the parking lot of my workplace is a like an auto show...

If anything, i'm at the bottom around here...

You have to understand something here.. I NEVER got CRAPPY.

Can it even be possible that the advisor/people at the service center were crappy to me? Of course not you bias ****!! lol
Old 08-08-2006, 12:53 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by MyIS300
When did I ever say that I'm better then everyone else with a 41k car LOL... I live in the bay area.. the parking lot of my workplace is a like an auto show...

If anything, i'm at the bottom around here...

You have to understand something here.. I NEVER got CRAPPY.

Can it even be possible that the advisor/people at the service center were crappy to me? Of course not your bias ****!! lol

i know what you mean... sometimes things get pushed back though...

my only point is you say "so and so gives a loaner"

well we arent so and so.

now i do have both a loaner program and a shuttle. you should see how many people ask for a loaner and then when the advisor pulls around a sentra, the customer acts like they are too good for the sentra..

so the advisor pulls the sentra back in a parking space and the people sit.... they tend to sit a little longer than others...lol
Old 08-08-2006, 12:54 AM
John@Victory

but i run internet sales not service, i just see it every day and hear it since my office is directly next to the cashiers office
Old 08-08-2006, 01:24 AM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

compare nissan service with what they are supposed to be compared to honda, ford, pontiac, toyota, chevrolet ect ect.

you didnt buy a high line car... you bought a nissan for christs sakes...
John, I don't mean to be rude and this is not an attack at all, just a comment.

I think what MyIS300 is trying to say is the 350 certainly isn't a bottom of the line car either. I don't know about in the USA, but in NZ a new 350 is in excess of 70K, this certainly isn't an average car price, NZ for an average range new car would be about 35K. I'm sure USA would be compariable. European car starts in NZ around a bit less than that, and well the other end, 500K +.

General comment it's a communication thing, from both sides and then everyone goes away happy. Can see both sides of the spanner.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:34 AM
odin

Originally Posted by BRONZEE

I think what MyIS300 is trying to say is the 350 certainly isn't a bottom of the line car either. I don't know about in the USA, but in NZ a new 350 is in excess of 70K, this certainly isn't an average car price, NZ for an average range new car would be about 35K. I'm sure USA would be compariable. European car starts in NZ around a bit less than that, and well the other end, 500K +.

General comment it's a communication thing, from both sides and then everyone goes away happy. Can see both sides of the spanner.
Dont even try to reason logic with John.
Its not worth it, he can never see anyone else's point except his own.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:36 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by odin
Dont even try to reason logic with John.
Its not worth it, he can never see anyone else's point except his own.

see thats your problem newb trash...you want to talk just to hear yourself talk. and dont know anything going on.

if you had any reading comprehension at all you would see where i told the guy i understood what he was saying.

but you are just too god damned stupid to see that. people like you are why the murder rate is as high as it is...

move along ****boy
Old 08-08-2006, 03:40 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by BRONZEE

we already discussed the price of his roadster touring.. 41k.... which is just slightly above the average car price. a base coupe can be had for about 26k new here..

the z is neither expensive or special over here....

its alot of the owners that seem to think they are special...

and no im not saying is300 is that way, he is actually pretty cool...

just stating something about alot of 350z owners
Old 08-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Europipe

What's the rear axle clicking noise on the 05's? I am a new owner to the 05 Z and hear this too. What parts need to be changed?
Old 08-08-2006, 04:10 AM
John@Victory

just the outer axles i believe...

Quick Reply: 8 hours at the dealership...