Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lack of respect with a Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:39 AM
batmanesaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have just gotten a few negative comment but they were just imature and most of them where neon owners or just ricers. Im not really into street racing if its a little honda or mustang, i think its just a waste of gas and another excuse to either hate on you more or make themselves feel better about beating a Z.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:02 PM
r0nni

Originally Posted by batmanesaul
i have just gotten a few negative comment but they were just imature and most of them where neon owners or just ricers. Im not really into street racing if its a little honda or mustang, i think its just a waste of gas and another excuse to either hate on you more or make themselves feel better about beating a Z.

oh come on you got to have some fun here and there =X. when i get my z iam going to baby it but have fun every now and then ::no drifts like a crazi ***:: just racing on clear rode <~~

-r0nni
Old 08-14-2006, 03:38 PM
bofa

Hey now.. don't turn this into a South vs. North thing...

The south will rise again.. You wouldn't believe how many bumper stickers there are with that in GA...

It's the type of person, not necessarily where you are.. although certain places tend to attract a certain class of people.. so stay the **** out of TN or throw a baseball bat in the trunk and start wearing steel-toes so your boy will look like this
Old 08-14-2006, 03:39 PM
bofa

Doh.. nevermind.. he probably only had that many teeth to begin with...
Old 08-14-2006, 06:55 PM
freemanjc

Not to be a jerk, but what do you expect, you live in TN. I know exactly how you feel I was stationed at Fort Cambell for three years and I have never seen so many country rednecks in my life.

R,

Free

Originally Posted by Chuck93GT
I've noticed a big change since getting my new Z. I don't like it. Sometimes it's positive young and old people commenting on it and stuff. Then their are other people that get jealous and saying i'm rich and all this other BS. I'm not rich by no means i just work my *** of to earn what i get. But i've had several nice mustangs an Anniversary SC harley truck and i traded it for a Z. Still have my 93 mustang that's turbo'd and runs 9's at around 149mph. No one makes or has made any bad remarks about any of the previous cars. When i drive the mustang out everyone is super nice and are always goin on and on about the car. No one makes a single negative comment even though i've got well over twice as much in it as the Z. I think it's just the area that i live in. Filled with rednecks who think if your not driving a ford or chevy then your rich. One imparticular in a old blazer had been looking at my car at the redlight. We pull out and after we get up a little speed he flicks he's cigarette out his passenger window onto my car. I pull up and was like WTH you just flipped your cig out on my hood. He said sorry next time i'll hit your windsheild. I'm not goin to repeat what happened after that but i was furious. Didn't hurt the car but it was the principle of it. Had i been in the harley truck or mustang that wouldn't have happened. People act like it's a damn porche or something.

Then last night i came outside of a restaurant last night to find a good size dent in my pass. door. Just turned 1,000 miles too. I parked it under a light where no cars were even close to bein around it. When i came out an hour later still no cars around but i had a dent in the side. I guess i'll be goin to my local paintless dent removel guy sometime this week. Anyone else have similar problems like i've had?
Old 08-14-2006, 07:55 PM
r0nni

Originally Posted by bofa
Hey now.. don't turn this into a South vs. North thing...

The south will rise again.. You wouldn't believe how many bumper stickers there are with that in GA...

It's the type of person, not necessarily where you are.. although certain places tend to attract a certain class of people.. so stay the **** out of TN or throw a baseball bat in the trunk and start wearing steel-toes so your boy will look like this
LMFAO!! n0 c0mment nah but its still true though if u road trip from any northern "england states" to the south cops may pull u over for dumb **** or red necks down there will give u problems <~~

-r0nni
Old 08-15-2006, 05:25 AM
NewJerZ

Originally Posted by Alberto
Wow stories like that upset me. One time on the highway when my car was new and stock, bunch of punks purposely held there arm out the window holding a cig, and let it go. I moved around it, they missed. They then tried to speed away (yeah like a Chevy Lumina with 4 punks will outrun me) I passed them, cut them off, got infront and sacrificed my Wendy's biggie soda for the cause. All over their windshield/car--> Vigilante justice = owned...

Hell Yeah...That's Outstanding! That's the way to deal with highway punks!! I hope they swerved and hit the median or something!
Old 08-15-2006, 05:28 AM
NewJerZ

Originally Posted by camaro194
are you 12?
OMG...LOL!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 05:35 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

You handled it all wrong. You should have said nothing, had your friend light a cigar or cigarette, and flicked the lit item into his open window. Much more satisfying than what happened. Or do like the motorcycle dudes do, carry a big *** bolt and get in front of him and let go.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:16 AM
Cheapplayer
Banned

that sucks man! I just have to deal w/ a ton of 50 something guys in porches/ BMW M3/ at the stop lights, 1/2 of them look over at my Z and give me a weird look (I'm 30 going on 18), lol, other 1/2 want to run. Those are the fun one!
Old 08-15-2006, 07:20 AM
boma

I think you handled it well.

Anyways it's funny that the same guys that were making fun of honda civics and other imports a few years ago can only get jealous when they see an import 350Z.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:44 AM
jedicowboy

Originally Posted by bofa
Move to FL where rich guys in Vettes drool over your $30K sports car... (from experience)
I just came from a C5 vette and I am afraid I must rain on your parade. The 350z is an awesome car but it is no Corvette.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:26 AM
nator's z

Living in the heart of the PA coal region brings some pretty interesting comments from people here as well. My Z roams the streets in the land of muddy *** trucks and Mustangs. IT'S AWESOME!! Most don't even know what the Z is.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing you realize is that there are HUGE cultural differences within regions in the U.S. You may as well be in another country.

Unfortunately, a large portion of this country is made up of Ford F-150 (the top selling vehicle in the U.S. every year) driving, shot-gun toting, cross-burning, cousin screwing, tobacco chewing, high school dropouts. They hate your "Jap" car. Their idea of ethnic food is Pizza. They exist in a totally different world from you (and I). Honestly, if you want to live in a place like that, you will have to accept some of the $hit that goes with it. Go buy a 'Stang. And don't forget the confederate flag front plate.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:50 PM
bofa

Originally Posted by gringott
You handled it all wrong. You should have said nothing, had your friend light a cigar or cigarette, and flicked the lit item into his open window. Much more satisfying than what happened. Or do like the motorcycle dudes do, carry a big *** bolt and get in front of him and let go.

I should have remembered that. Bikers here carry a roll of pennies.. lots of fun for 50 cents. =)
Old 08-15-2006, 01:52 PM
bofa

Originally Posted by jedicowboy
I just came from a C5 vette and I am afraid I must rain on your parade. The 350z is an awesome car but it is no Corvette.
I agree- not saying that it is.. but these cars are still major head-turners... even for Vette owners... Hey you got hooked.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:57 AM
drlayz

http://www.yikers.com/video_hillbill...d_on_them.html

this totally relates to what was said earlier in this thread
Old 08-16-2006, 11:06 AM
sundevil67

Default Attention Getter

Dude - I feel your pain. It isn't the town you live in or any fault of your own. It is the car. I loved my Z, even though it has brought me more bad luck than anything I've ever owned. I got the rims, the spoiler, the flashy grill - and with the attention the car gets, you'd think it was a 911. Retard rednecks don't know the difference, and don't get the fact that the Z costs less than all of those Dodge Ram Hemis or SUVs that are everywhere. They see a young guy step out of it and are jealous that they are too stupid to work hard and be able to get something like that. I've had my car spit IN (I left the window open a crack for 10 minutes to run in someplace to get someone, and the girl sat in it - great impression to make. I've had my hood ornament & grill stolen, had people make all kinds of nasty comments to me. I've had white trash skinheads in a station wagon give me the finger while the ***** in the back flashed me - for no other reason than the attention this car draws. I don't look any different than anyone else, dress different or attract attention whenever I am without the car. Degenerates walk up to me every time I stop at a gas station or convenience store to make rude comments, beg for money, or just to size me up for a carjacking. Dirtbags walking the streets at 1PM when I go to lunch stare at my rims like they are planning to kill me and take them. People on this site told me that I am paranoid and it is nice to have "enthusiasts" admire the car. Sure, that happens once in a while, but it is definitely the minority - and believe me, it is easy to tell the difference.

I actually made an extensive post about this a few months back, and was largely disrespected by most respondents and had the thread removed by the moderator. I haven't posted in the forum since, because honestly it left a pretty bad taste in my mouth. I've actually had enough and am getting rid of it in favor of a nice, plain Volkswagen Jetta. I think I will be happier with that. Good luck, it is a fun car to drive, but all the extra BS just isn't worth it to me. If I worked in a more affluent area where this wouldn't happen, I would probably not have an issue, but as long as I continue to work in the ghetto, this is the way it is. I swear people in cars that cost 3 times as much don't have the same problem. I met another local Z owner last year who told me he had the same kind of experiences.

Stop parking it all alone - it draws more attention to it. Take the risk of a door ding and park inconspiciously within the pack - just find spots where people knew how to park and aren't too close.

sundevil67

Originally Posted by Chuck93GT
I've noticed a big change since getting my new Z. I don't like it. Sometimes it's positive young and old people commenting on it and stuff. Then their are other people that get jealous and saying i'm rich and all this other BS. I'm not rich by no means i just work my *** of to earn what i get. But i've had several nice mustangs an Anniversary SC harley truck and i traded it for a Z. Still have my 93 mustang that's turbo'd and runs 9's at around 149mph. No one makes or has made any bad remarks about any of the previous cars. When i drive the mustang out everyone is super nice and are always goin on and on about the car. No one makes a single negative comment even though i've got well over twice as much in it as the Z. I think it's just the area that i live in. Filled with rednecks who think if your not driving a ford or chevy then your rich. One imparticular in a old blazer had been looking at my car at the redlight. We pull out and after we get up a little speed he flicks he's cigarette out his passenger window onto my car. I pull up and was like WTH you just flipped your cig out on my hood. He said sorry next time i'll hit your windsheild. I'm not goin to repeat what happened after that but i was furious. Didn't hurt the car but it was the principle of it. Had i been in the harley truck or mustang that wouldn't have happened. People act like it's a damn porche or something.

Then last night i came outside of a restaurant last night to find a good size dent in my pass. door. Just turned 1,000 miles too. I parked it under a light where no cars were even close to bein around it. When i came out an hour later still no cars around but i had a dent in the side. I guess i'll be goin to my local paintless dent removel guy sometime this week. Anyone else have similar problems like i've had?
Old 08-16-2006, 12:28 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sundevil67
Dude - I feel your pain. It isn't the town you live in or any fault of your own. It is the car.
sundevil67
I think surroundings always trump the car you drive. If I were you I'd get the hell out of "dodge". How is Phoenix that bad of a place?
Old 08-16-2006, 12:46 PM
minispider

Originally Posted by drlayz
http://www.yikers.com/video_hillbill...d_on_them.html

this totally relates to what was said earlier in this thread
OH $HIT....OWNED.....you can't do none of those things here in south Fla....if you feel threatened with bodily harm, you shoot first and ask questions later....that guy with that bat like that would have been dead here, so anyone can shoot you over a traffic stop if you come too hard on them. I've have a carry on permit for a berretta 9 mm and is always with me, but sometimes is very hard to control yourself and you just want to shoot some of the idiots that try to bullie you.

Quick Reply: Lack of respect with a Z