2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lack of respect with a Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:01 PM
sundevil67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default respect

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
I think surroundings always trump the car you drive. If I were you I'd get the hell out of "dodge". How is Phoenix that bad of a place?
Phoenix as a whole isn't bad, but just like any big city, there are areas that you don't want to be in after dark. I happen to work in one of those areas, and I can't go to the convenience store across the street without having some bum ask me for money. Those bums wouldn't approach me if I was driving a Chevy Tahoe, which costs more but doesn't stick out like my car does. I bought the car because I loved driving it, and added some of the aftermarket stuff to make it unique (I got a very common color). I just don't like the kind of attention I get in it. If I worked in North Scottsdale, yes, it would be different. However I can't quit my job just yet, and am probably going to move to NYC and not own a car at all - but if I stay here, I am going to get something much less flashy. I wish it wasn't this way, but it is. There is so much jealousy, even at the bar scene in Scottsdale - all of the supposedly wealthier people (actually it is a bunch of 30K millionaires - you know, the kind that wear armani, drive a BMW 318 and live in a crappy studio apt. with no furniture) will talk **** constantly as well. I am not saying that anyone else that experiences this should get rid of the Z, it just isn't for me anymore. Honestly it breaks my heart - my father had 4 different Z models while I was growing up, I even learned how to shift on a 280ZX when I was 6 - when the new body style came out and I had the means, I knew I had to have one - wanted a Z since I was a tot - but it just isn't working for me anymore. I also had an accident that has ruined the car (never fixed right), but that's another thread. Good luck!
Old 08-16-2006, 01:08 PM
sundevil67

Default Video

That video looks great, but the sound cuts out right when they get to the confrontation - the best part! Is that happening to others, or is something wrong with my setup?

Originally Posted by drlayz
http://www.yikers.com/video_hillbill...d_on_them.html

this totally relates to what was said earlier in this thread
Old 08-16-2006, 01:33 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sundevil67
Phoenix as a whole isn't bad, but just like any big city, there are areas that you don't want to be in after dark. I happen to work in one of those areas, and I can't go to the convenience store across the street without having some bum ask me for money. Those bums wouldn't approach me if I was driving a Chevy Tahoe, which costs more but doesn't stick out like my car does. I bought the car because I loved driving it, and added some of the aftermarket stuff to make it unique (I got a very common color). I just don't like the kind of attention I get in it. If I worked in North Scottsdale, yes, it would be different. However I can't quit my job just yet, and am probably going to move to NYC and not own a car at all - but if I stay here, I am going to get something much less flashy. I wish it wasn't this way, but it is. There is so much jealousy, even at the bar scene in Scottsdale - all of the supposedly wealthier people (actually it is a bunch of 30K millionaires - you know, the kind that wear armani, drive a BMW 318 and live in a crappy studio apt. with no furniture) will talk **** constantly as well. I am not saying that anyone else that experiences this should get rid of the Z, it just isn't for me anymore. Honestly it breaks my heart - my father had 4 different Z models while I was growing up, I even learned how to shift on a 280ZX when I was 6 - when the new body style came out and I had the means, I knew I had to have one - wanted a Z since I was a tot - but it just isn't working for me anymore. I also had an accident that has ruined the car (never fixed right), but that's another thread. Good luck!
Man, you make the occasional cigarette butt flicked at you look good. I was in Phoenix at a fleabag hotel (Coranado) downtown for two months - Jan and Feb 1986 - and I must say it was a rough crowd. I had to be prepared to fight at any time. Was glad to leave. And you are right, people with cars that cost twice the price think you spent a fortune. F#$K the haters. Sorry for the losers, they need to get a life.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:57 PM
bofa

Originally Posted by drlayz
http://www.yikers.com/video_hillbill...d_on_them.html

this totally relates to what was said earlier in this thread
That's f#cking awesome!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 06:29 PM
sundevil67

Default Phoenix

That is why I carry my Glock almost all the time. I am thinking about just wearing it on my hip instead of concealed, that way it can act as a deterrent. I even have a holster mounted by my leg.

It will be a shame to get rid of it after customizing the interior and really making it how I like it. Truth is, as much as I HATE all of the negative attention, I would probably keep the car if the accident didn't ruin it. I just can't see myself buying a third Z - at some point I have to just admit that this car is not for me.

Originally Posted by gringott
Man, you make the occasional cigarette butt flicked at you look good. I was in Phoenix at a fleabag hotel (Coranado) downtown for two months - Jan and Feb 1986 - and I must say it was a rough crowd. I had to be prepared to fight at any time. Was glad to leave. And you are right, people with cars that cost twice the price think you spent a fortune. F#$K the haters. Sorry for the losers, they need to get a life.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:58 AM
NewJerZ

Originally Posted by minispider
OH $HIT....OWNED.....you can't do none of those things here in south Fla....if you feel threatened with bodily harm, you shoot first and ask questions later....that guy with that bat like that would have been dead here, so anyone can shoot you over a traffic stop if you come too hard on them. I've have a carry on permit for a berretta 9 mm and is always with me, but sometimes is very hard to control yourself and you just want to shoot some of the idiots that try to bullie you.

Damn....that was sweet! The guy in the BMW should've thrown the in-bred rednecks truck keys somewhere deep in the woods or just kept the MF keys as a memento...LOL.

This is the EXACT reason why I DON'T live in some yee-haw, down South Hillbilly town! MF those Ford F-150 driving, sheep screwing, moonshine drinking, phuckers.

Shyt...I might've been tempted to hoe-tie these fools together, throw 'em in the back of that POS truck, then drive their punk az_zes to the South Bronx, NY and roll 'em out the back of the truck....and let the locals literally beat them to death!

Last edited by NewJerZ; 08-17-2006 at 04:00 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:57 AM
06Firebase

Angry

Originally Posted by NewJerZ
If it were ME...I'd get the F*ck outta dodge! I've been to Nashville twice and stayed at the Opryland Hotel for Johnson & Johnson Pharma. National Sales Mtgs (One time they held the MF Country Music Awards at the hotel....Seeing rednecks in tuxedos and cowboy hats was bizarre..Plus the food REALLY sucked at the hotel...BBQ Pulled Pig on a bun was the special EVERY NITE...WTF??)

Being a East Coast dude....I was obviously out of my element and naturally felt extremely out of place there....That flight BACK to Philly couldn't happen soon enough!!

Anyway, as we ventured into Nashville for dinner at night, There was an enormous amount of redneck f*cks like you described....Driving mostly American made trucks and cars.

Many of these people seemed to have the "Buy American..cuz those damn foreigners are taking our jobs" sort of mentality.

With you driving a Z...They probably look down on you for having a nice car that they can't afford...so jealousy and an aversion to foreign cars = Redneck f*ckery.

Being from Jersey, I agree with all that you just said. I also SERIOUSLY worry about vanadalism to my car with the kinds of attitudes out there.

I'm surprised that the OP has so many problems. Isn't there a large Nissan plant down in Tennessee that employs hundreds of American workers?

Jersey Joe