Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Questioning the Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 09:49 PM
norapat01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InSaNeZ
I personally would never get an EVO because the interior is just way too plain for me.
It can be lighting fast, but at the end it's still a lancer.
Just like the SRT-4, sure it has potential and fast, but it's still a freakin' neon.

Evo got a solid and reputable racing pedigree, neon got ....????
Old 08-20-2006, 03:22 PM
BPimpin007

i was in a similar position. As i was saving up for my next car my two options were EVO and Z. I had dreams of me burning everyone around town with the EVO and a maybe 3g's in upgrades. THen as the day approached to upgrade from my sentra se-r I got to thinking about the investment I was about to make. I will have this car for a few years...how will i feel in 2010 about it?
The z gets props from EVERYBODY. Little kids to older men and women always turn to stare like Damn! Everytime i stare at my car in my driveway im like Damn! ive only had one person ever tell me anything negative about the z, a girl, she said it looked too small and soft. 1 out of probably hundreds of people seen my car already.
No matter what u do to the z it stays sexy... the exhausts sound nuts, the rims are nuts, bodykits are nuts, one nice headunit or tv screen flows beautiful with the interior.
Years from now the Z33 will still turn heads... will the evo do the same when the racer boy wars are over?
U made a wise choice if u need ur speed fix get a safe nitrous setup and a nice radar detector for those surprise encounters.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Blurr350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the decision has been made... keep the Z of course. What I should do is get some new goodies to bolt on to keep me occupied and happy.

Like I said, the Evo wasn't in my thoughts to find this turbo'd gsr and kick his ***... I was just looking at the big picture of the potential of performance of the Evo. Around here there a few of them with upgraded turbos and the whole works that just blow the doors off anything, and that was appealling to me.

And about the Z turning heads... my hot neighbor, that I haven't met yet, just 'eye-****ed the **** outta me' when I was going to pick up some cloves...... haha you know it was the Z
Old 08-20-2006, 04:39 PM
NewJerZ

Is your hot neighbor married?? If not....go for the win!!!
Old 08-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Soundeffects

z=fun, more appealing on a daily basis

fast car=$10k to buy a turn key civic that runs 10's. trust me I've been there and the`Z is fast enough unless I want more tickets
Old 08-20-2006, 06:12 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by Soundeffects
z=fun, more appealing on a daily basis

fast car=$10k to buy a turn key civic that runs 10's. trust me I've been there and the`Z is fast enough unless I want more tickets
Lol someone on here thinks they can do it in 3k. I guess car salesmans have good stories.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:22 PM
jadaniya
Banned

i agree with the others, just save the money to turbo the Z. much sexier car, which will be f'n fast as well.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:52 PM
The MVPlaya

Honestly tho, from a 350z forum, you've got to expect biased answers. Go post the same thing at a evo forum and i'm sure you'll get the same response, just with the Evo being the general choice.

I say test drive them...but if it were ME..it depends which evo you'd be getting. If you'd be getting the MR i'd get that without a doubt...anything less I'd get a Z.

Don't forget the Evo is a all wheel drive car too. Better handling with a Evo...

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 08-20-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:00 PM
The MVPlaya

I was browsing SoCalEvo.net and I ran across this...this might be helpful to you..

I traded in a 2005 350z Conv for my Evo 9 MR. First of all, I'm going to ignore your post, and just compare the two cars. 2funny Here's my 2 cents:

350z Cons:
Transmission: Shifter vibrated like hell. Annoying. Same thing with my friend's G35 and the other Z's I test drove, so I figure it's normal. Still annoying though.

Quality: Through 9 months of ownership, I had a few problems and a big problem, with the roof starting to tear... not going to be risking THAT cost of replacement out of warrenty, no thanks...

Practicality: No glovebox. 1 compartment behind the passenger seat. Trunk area with big crossmember on the coupes, or the tiny tiny trunk in the vert. I thought I could deal with it, and I didn't need to the room all that often, but jeez, when I did need the room and didn't have it, it was pretty frustrating. tickedoff

Uniqueness: They... are... everywhere!

350z Pros:
Engine/NA/Low End grunt: Having never driven a turbo car before my Evo, I find myself missing the ability to launch without have to rev up a little first. buck2 Sure it's only 1st gear and it all goes away at 3k rpm, but still, it would be nice to have the Z power below 3k, and the Evo power above 3k. Smiley

Driving cockpit: The Z interior, while pretty much the same quality wise as the Evo, is oriented toward the driver. It's a better driving cockpit than the Evo, which is pretty much standard sedan, with really awesome seats.

RWD: Tail-out when you want is fun. angel Traction control comes standard on all but the base model, so if you get an enthusiast, you're good to go there. Just don't be the idiot who thinks "Traction control off is faster" and then ends up totaling his car in a public street in a situation where traction control would have saved him.

Evo Cons:
Raw: Noisy, unrefined ride, get hot (will heat your entire garage), lack of creature comforts, etc. All these things you probably know already

Lack of configurability: Want cloth seats with your sunroof? Too bad. embarassed

Off boost: Being off of boost sucks. buck2

Evo Pros:
Performance: Awesome performance, I don't think I need to elaborate. Wink

Practiality: 4 doors, trunk. AWD for weather. Again, I don't think I need to elaborate. Wink

Rarity: I rarely see other Evos.

X Factor: Gut feeling. The goofy grin I get when I'm sitting in my Evo, driving it, taking a corner, accelerating onto a freeway, or just looking at it sitting in my garage. It's just a damn fun car to drive. It's a source of happiness. I can't explain why. I love this car. I'll never get rid of it.* Smiley The Z was tossed aside without a second thought.

Good luck with your choice. Smiley

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?op...&topic=26705.0

and this...

Dude, they are 2 different cars. I don't think you can consider a Z or an EVO....they're not even in the same class. I own both and each make for a different type of driving experience. They each have their strengths and weaknesses, but definitely do not compare to each other. Get the Evo for hardcore spirited driving, especially handling, and get the Z for cruising or maybe some drifting depending on your skill level...throw some 19s or 20s and a Pro Kit on the Z and hit the beach. The power is just not the same on the new Z as it was on the old Z so I would definitely not recommend it if you're an aggressive driver. Bottom line, get the EVO! Afro

Last edited by The MVPlaya; 08-20-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:05 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by The MVPlaya
Honestly tho, from a 350z forum, you've got to expect biased answers. Go post the same thing at a evo forum and i'm sure you'll get the same response, just with the Evo being the general choice.

I say test drive them...but if it were ME..it depends which evo you'd be getting. If you'd be getting the MR i'd get that without a doubt...anything less I'd get a Z.

Don't forget the Evo is a all wheel drive car too. Better handling with a Evo...
Sample opinion from myevo.com

Dang dawg y u wait so longggg for to decide u know thos 350 z dont h go so fast so good right and we beat em everytime lol they look like wanna be porshces and ****ty interiorz haha Anywayz i race one in heavy traffic the other day with his girl and all 4 my guy friends (going to getting some weed) in da Evo wuz like "yo man you wanna race?" and he roll up his window like he was pimpin or somthin

anywayz check yall im going to bed (been playing counterstrike for 12 hours)
Old 09-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Big Blue

Look, I have a Z, I put the Vortech supercharger on there and it is insane. I love it. The car is totally diff. It is cr***y. No front wheel drive car with 300 or less is commin close. The evo is a phat @sss car as well. It depends on what you want. I love to drift. That is why I chose the Z. But for time attack the evo is nicer if you dont have a ton of money to put into the Z. It all depends Brother. Good luck!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:13 PM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
If all you care about is speed then get the EVO, even tho its just a cheap econo car with a turbo...
You obviously know nothing about EVO's.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by InSaNeZ
I personally would never get an EVO because the interior is just way too plain for me.
It can be lighting fast, but at the end it's still a lancer.
Just like the SRT-4, sure it has potential and fast, but it's still a freakin' neon.
The Z interior is nothing to write home about either....
Old 09-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by MPowerKai
I have an S2000 and there was a discussion about this over there too and the bottom line was if you want a fast grocery car then the Evo is the way to go but for everything else it's the 2 seater.
How is that the bottom line? Do you know anything about EVO's?
Old 09-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Hypnoz

Originally Posted by norapat01
Evo got a solid and reputable racing pedigree, neon got ....????
Do your research.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Hypnoz

Honestly though, keep the Z. There will ALWAYS be faster cars than you. You sound like the attention you get in the Z is valuable to you. The EVO will not get the same kind of attention.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:33 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hypnoz
You obviously know nothing about EVO's.
No, He is right, The Evo is 15K Lancer Econo Box with Suped Up Engine/Drivetrain and Suspension. It really does lood and feel like someone bought the lancer and added a bunch of high end crap to it engine wise.

The Z is 2 Times the "Car" the EVO is, even if the the EVO is MUCH faster.

Dont get me wrong, I like the EVO a bunch, but as cars go, its very un-refined for anything but Speed/Track.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:37 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RadioManJ350Z33
HALLELUJAH... a glimmer of hope and wisdom from sq40!!! Right on!
Thanks man, How have you been?

Quick Reply: Questioning the Z