Old 08-26-2006, 01:01 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We need to be kind.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Suvlaki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the salesperson lied to you about the TCS: Go back to the dealer and ***** at them, and threaten to file legal suit.

Otherwise: Your base Z also came with a secret Nitrous tank where your spare tire should be, giving you a 100hp boost anytime u want. Look in the manual for instructions on how to use it! Yeah!
Old 08-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Juno

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
We need to be kind.

We are being kind. This is the new & improved my350Z, remember? LOL
Old 08-26-2006, 03:16 PM
mikew18

guys, i worked in mobile electronics for 2 years and 90% of the cars made now that are "base models" have the wireing and processing installed but leave the button out, power windows, locks..etc. for intance on the base model, the car is pre-wired for heated seats. all i was asking is if neone knew off the top of there head or has done it..before i go and start tearing the car apart....uber-noob? cmon man...lol
Old 08-26-2006, 03:35 PM
semtex

Originally Posted by mikew18
no it does have trac control because if it didnt it would be a hell of alot easier for me to brake trac.
Go to this url -- it provides a comparison chart of all the specifications for the different trim lines.

http://www.nissanusa.com/z/specifications_coupe.html

Click on the link that says 'Display all', then scroll down and look for the Drivetrain section. This chart clearly shows that the base model does not come with TCS. Sorry bud.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:46 PM
roast

Yeah mike... all you need is a $2 switch. Nissan decided to add the traction control module and all the other wiring and hardware, except TC is always on and they left out the switch so they can charge hundreds less.

Get serious.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:47 PM
MustGoFastR

guys, i worked in mobile electronics for 2 years and 90% of the cars made now that are "base models" have the wireing and processing installed but leave the button out, power windows, locks..etc. for intance on the base model, the car is pre-wired for heated seats. all i was asking is if neone knew off the top of there head or has done it..before i go and start tearing the car apart....uber-noob? cmon man...lol
Interesting theory, but extra wiring for heated seats, powere windows, etc. is a far cry form expensive processing components/control modules reqired to create a functioning traction control system. They aren't going to include those components and just leave out the switch for something like this. Wishful thinking, my friend. I'm sure someone with the service manual can point out where such control units are located on a car with TCS/VDC so you can see for yourself that they are absent.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:57 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Share the love.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:28 PM
dynamicS

Old 08-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Reyes_USN

Old 08-26-2006, 08:42 PM
mikew18

i guess you will all just have to find out yourselvs and work in mobile electronics to find out....ill let you know after i take the dash apart.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:00 PM
hai2u

guys, i worked in mobile electronics for 2 years and 90% of the cars made now that are "base models" have the wireing and processing installed but leave the button out, power windows, locks..etc. for intance on the base model, the car is pre-wired for heated seats. all i was asking is if neone knew off the top of there head or has done it..before i go and start tearing the car apart....uber-noob? cmon man...lol.
Granted the fact that you have worked in mobile electronics for two years... when you ask a question, you usually don't try and have a standing ground on the matter. In this case you were asking, where a switch was that would apply traction control option? Here's a question; Why would they give you the ice cream and the syrup + toppings to go with it, if you did'nt pay for it ?

More or less why would they secretively place hidden a harness/switch connector, to a hidden traction control? So they can deviously giggle as you leave the dealership going " Hey Bob, I bet he did'nt know his Z comes with everything a Grand Touring comes with, we just hid it REAL well." end /giggle. (overexaggerated, yes i know.)

I'm not trying to come off negative to you just would like to see the reasoning behind this theory.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:07 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

I have the twin turbo option, all I got to do is add a twin turbo.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by roast
Yeah mike... all you need is a $2 switch. Nissan decided to add the traction control module and all the other wiring and hardware, except TC is always on and they left out the switch so they can charge hundreds less.

Get serious.
I'm glad someone else said it.

I guess by his logic, then all auto-owners have VDC too and Nissan just never told them!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:58 PM
norapat01

Base model got NO Traction control. From what I understand is that traction control is some kind of program that usually buried in the ECU. Is not something you can simply add on like LSD. Therefore it's a "software" not "hardware."

Taking your dash apart and look for wires is just gonna be a waste of your time
Old 08-26-2006, 10:00 PM
norapat01

i guess you will all just have to find out yourselvs and work in mobile electronics to find out....ill let you know after i take the dash apart.
Just listen to people, argue about this topic makes no sense.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:34 PM
181 BluZ

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
I have the twin turbo option, all I got to do is add a twin turbo.

Dude, this is coming from another BASE model owner. The BASE model Z has no TCS. So even if you take out your dash or even tear your entire Z apart you will not find it.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:49 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Please post pics of your dash when torn apart.

Let me know if you find the cruise wiring, the NAV wiring, and the BOSE wiring!
Old 08-26-2006, 11:52 PM
zz350zz

I hate to break it to you....but I've worked in mobile electronics....and in no way does your statement make sense about the TCS
Old 08-26-2006, 11:58 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by icedout589
I hate to break it to you....but I've worked in mobile electronics....and in no way does your statement make sense about the TCS
Probably one of those know it all teenagers who works at those Best Buy Audio shops,

Quick Reply: traction control????