Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

traction control????

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Reyes_USN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VQLOVER
Funniest thing I've read in a long time.....for some reason that statement just cracked me up. Why the hell do you want to "brake trac" anyways?

prolly watched tokyo drift before he nabbed his car
Old 08-27-2006, 08:14 PM
norapat01

hey guys, i think Mikew18 not gonna come back to this thread already...I'm sure he really embarrass....
Old 08-27-2006, 08:36 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Maybe when he was messing with the airbag wires it went off and knocked him out cold. Someone should call 911...
Old 08-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Reyes_USN

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
Maybe when he was messing with the airbag wires it went off and knocked him out cold. Someone should call 911...
Old 08-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

But... but... he has a whole two years of experience! A whole two years!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 09:05 PM
RevLimitZ

Originally Posted by VQLOVER
Funniest thing I've read in a long time.....for some reason that statement just cracked me up. Why the hell do you want to "brake trac" anyways?
Maybe he meant brake boost instead of brake trac. Duh, he's practicing brake boosting for when he gets his twin turbo button!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Brake trail? Trail brake? Trail mix?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:36 PM
alnfong

Originally Posted by RevLimitZ
Maybe he meant brake boost instead of brake trac. Duh, he's practicing brake boosting for when he gets his twin turbo button!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:45 AM
semtex

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I've only had my Z for a month and this my first car with TCS). But TCS would prevent one from doing a burnout, right?

If so, then I would think that the simplest way to find out if one has TCS is to just try to do a burnout (vs. ripping out the dash). If you have TCS, it'll kick in and prevent you from doing a prolonged burnout. If you succeed in doing a burnout, then no TCS. Keep in mind that the button in question is the TCS OFF button. In other words, if you can do a burnout, it won't be a matter of 'oh I just need to install the button to turn it on', because the button turns it off, not on.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:54 AM
alexfair

Originally Posted by semtex
Sorry if this is a stupid question (I've only had my Z for a month and this my first car with TCS). But TCS would prevent one from doing a burnout, right?

If so, then I would think that the simplest way to find out if one has TCS is to just try to do a burnout (vs. ripping out the dash). If you have TCS, it'll kick in and prevent you from doing a prolonged burnout. If you succeed in doing a burnout, then no TCS. Keep in mind that the button in question is the TCS OFF button. In other words, if you can do a burnout, it won't be a matter of 'oh I just need to install the button to turn it on', because the button turns it off, not on.

Actually the pure and simple way of knowing that your model doesn't have what its not suppose to have is that the weight of the car changes from model to model, as stated on the specification page of Nissan. And the weight change would have to account for the extra;s each trim line has or doesn't have.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Zmazing03

Tell me this is one of those posters that comes in and pretends to be an ignorant n00b?
Old 08-28-2006, 10:38 PM
GlassCurtain

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
Tell me this is one of those posters that comes in and pretends to be an ignorant n00b?
Unfotunately no. but they can't all be winners.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:59 PM
RevLimitZ

Originally Posted by semtex

The Z's not gonna do a standing burnout (one foot on brake, other on gas) unless you pull the brake light fuse. The ecu kills engine power when you depress the brake and gas pedals at the same time while in a gear. Get a wheel (launch it, catch a gear, whatever you prefer) and if you have tcs, which is always on when you first start the car, you'll see a "slip" light in the dash blink when the wheels break loose accompanied by a loss of power until wheel slip is no longer detected.