Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, TX...not so courteous

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006 | 11:13 AM
perrogrande007

I guess that I should have elaborated a little more. She brought the car in, told the service desk what was going on and asked if he thought it was a fuse problem. He looks at here and says, "Uhhh, uhhh, I don't know." So she says, okay, just guessing, would you guess that it is a fuse? "Uhhh, uhhh, I don't know." She tells the guy if that's what they think it is, please do not do the work and to call her before they work on it. The guy says, we'll give you a call by 11. She goes up there at noon to ask what they think. Now it's going to take until 3. All she wanted to know is whether they thought that it was a fuse or what. They call her back later to tell her that it was a fuse and that she had been charged $47 for it, even though she had specifically told them not to do any work without calling her first.

I've been in retail all of my life. I can't imagine ever giving service like that; I would lose my business.

It's not like they had to pull the motor, it was a simple check of the taillight fuse and replace, probably took less than 2 minutes.
Old 09-01-2006 | 12:29 PM
JMT

Is it possible that the fee was for the diagnostics? Given that they were asked to diagnose a problem, they were entitled to a fee of some kind.
Old 09-01-2006 | 12:37 PM
PartsPeddler
Sponsor
Courtesy Nissan

You can expect a check out fee if your vehicle is registered at the service department. They explain the check out fee and you sign that you agree to pay that fee as a minimum. It appears the need for a call wasn't necessary because they were able to fix the vehicle within the agreed upon minimum fee.
Old 09-01-2006 | 02:34 PM
Z M@n

Originally Posted by Nexx
service department and sales department are completely different.
Werd. The parts dept was courtesy to me.

Rob
Old 09-01-2006 | 02:57 PM
zmotion

How do you know how long they spent checking the car before they determined it was the fuse?? If it's "only a fuse" then why take it to service to begin with. She should have just changed it herself before pulling into a service department asking "what do you think". They aren't going to just guess. They are going to diagnose the car. If you want a professional to do it, then their is a charge for the work. How in the world do you diagnose a car without "doing any work". As soon as someone starts looking at it, they are providing a service. And they charge in 30 minute increments so the charge is spot on. I can't believe this is an issue for anybody....

Last edited by zmotion; 09-01-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2006 | 12:31 PM
PartsPeddler
Sponsor
Courtesy Nissan

Originally Posted by perrogrande007
Watch out for Courtesy Nissan, charged my girlfriend $47 to change out a fuse b/c her back tailights were not working.

Pretty shady IMO. And the guy had the nerve to tell her "I didn't charge you for the fuse". I almost puked when I heard that.

I guess ultimately it's her fault. I told her it was a fuse and to look through our service manual, then I would show her how to change it.

$47 though????
Personally, I think you are at fault.

(Dr. Phil voice) So you knew what the problem was and you tell her what it is. This is what you do. You turn off the football. Put the remote down. Put your beer down. Put on some shoes and walk to the driveway. Change the fuse. Walk into the house and collect your hug. What am I missing here?

Instead she has to arrange to visit the dealership. Change her plans. Get in the car and drive it to the nearest dealership. Explain the situation, etc. Arrange for a ride to work. On and on. Why?

And you want to blame the car dealership.
Old 09-02-2006 | 01:06 PM
dudegetalife

Quick question: Did they wash the car, clean the inside, spray "new car smell" in it? Whenever i take my car or my mom's altima to the dealer for something to do they always do that.
Old 09-02-2006 | 01:30 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

standard dealership labor charges:

$95 per hour...

Usually the smallest they charge is 0.50 hour... or anything... even if it takes 2 minutes...

There is a standard labor fee warranty book that dealers go by... If it says it takes 2 hours to replace an air filter thats what they charge...

sux0rs...................
Old 09-02-2006 | 01:41 PM
KingOfV6

Next time just take it to their competitor Bankston Nissan...try the dealership in Lewisville.
Old 09-03-2006 | 02:55 AM
hurahn

Originally Posted by PartsPeddler
Personally, I think you are at fault.

(Dr. Phil voice) So you knew what the problem was and you tell her what it is. This is what you do. You turn off the football. Put the remote down. Put your beer down. Put on some shoes and walk to the driveway. Change the fuse. Walk into the house and collect your hug. What am I missing here?

Instead she has to arrange to visit the dealership. Change her plans. Get in the car and drive it to the nearest dealership. Explain the situation, etc. Arrange for a ride to work. On and on. Why?

And you want to blame the car dealership.
LOL