Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Calls to Regional Offices

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 09:21 AM
Intrepid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The information is on a public Nissan site (http://www.insidenissan.com/corp/roadmaps.htm) so I don't see why deleting it from the forum would be considered proper. I understand they are requesting that we not call to check the status of our orders, and that's fine. But I believe if a customer feels the need to call due to a lack of information being provided by the dealer, then that's his/her choice.

Last edited by Intrepid; 07-12-2002 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-12-2002, 09:33 AM
1STZEVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To further illustrate the incompetence of Nissan dealers, about two months ago I called my sales manager and asked, "Any new info on the specs?" After an embarrasingly long pause he uttered..."uh, whatcha mean?" Yes folks, he got tripped up on the word "specs". I had to rephrase my question...."you know, HP, weight, etc."

I have since cancelled my preorder (for unrelated reasons), but needless to say he had no answers for me. BTW, this was my sales MANAGER. This is the same guy that swore up and down when I pre-ordered that all models come with leather interior. I'm not saying that all Nissan dealers are incompetent, but this was my experience.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:18 AM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

So...ZISME...do you hear your customers? What we are asking for is just common curtesy. We put our hard earned dollars down with the promise of communication of updated information and have been, so far, highly dissapointed. We would all love it if there were another way to get the information we need, but the dealers have been no help at all. Please, just help us get the information we were promised. I have no doubt that NNA could create a website overnight that would solve all these problems and make happy campers of us all. Thank you for your attention.
Old 07-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Another Movie reference coming...

Remember the scene at the end of Animal House where the Kevin Bacon character dressed in military garb is yelling to the crazed crowd, "REMAIN CALM.....ALL IS WELL!" Then he get trampled into the concrete? Just picture ZISME as that character!
Old 07-12-2002, 06:12 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Me thinks DrBonz iz trying to create a new patient for himself

Things a litle slow around the office Doc?
Old 07-12-2002, 09:15 PM
silvrz5

DONT STOP CALLING IT IS YOUR MONEY THAT IS PAYING FOR THIS CAR. If Nissan has a break down in the info. they are giving you guys, not calling is not going to help! Leave it the the dealer, ya right, instead of 3000 calls they might get 13 calls.

If you feel they are not treating you right go up as far as you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT HAVE SOMEONE ASK YOU TO "PLEASE STOP CALLING"

I WOULD SAY "NISSAN TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON OR GIVE MY MONEY BACK AND SELL YOUR BUSINESS TO SOMEONE ELSE".

YOU GUYS ARE NOT SPINELESS JELLYFISH, ITS YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY, THAT YOU CHOOSE TO SPEND BUYING A 350Z!

I PERSONALLY TAKE LITTLE B.S. IN ANY BUSINESS I DO. DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT!
GOOD LUCK! MAYBE MORE CALLS WOULD GET SOMEONE ELES ATTENTION???????
Old 07-12-2002, 10:56 PM
88 Shrio Special

Default Not so Fast J

J Comparing a Video store and a car dealer/Maker are very similar. The bottom line in all this is that we are Nissans Customers. If We elect to call a dealer to secure information , and that dealer either 1. doesn't call back 2. Misinforms 3. Directs you to call NNA then I have every right to do so. Nissan would agree. That is why they have established a customer service line, they want to and should help in the flow of information.

I see ZISME'S request to have turned into a major clusterF*&K for Nissan. I hope they learn something from this. It has also brought out valuable information for NISSAN . Main thing is, Nissan should have had a better trainning program for the dealers in place before the pre order program started. The other point they should have learned from all the posts is that they are not doing a good job in monitoring the dealers misinformation.

I bought a 37k+ vehicle from Nissan, and a $5.00 rental movie from Blockbuster.. If I want to pose a question to customer service at Nissan I will. If I dont like a move Warner Brothers put out , I will call them, They also have a consumer affairs number. Karl
Old 07-12-2002, 11:00 PM
BullishZ

Poor horse...
Old 07-12-2002, 11:01 PM
justwant1

I happen to whole heartedly agree. My dealer has misinformed me greatly. I called them yesterday and the Inventory Manager is claiming that I should expect to take delivery by the end of August on my car. I finally got through to the NNA Regional Office and they tell me a completely different story. For my order which was placed on Jan 15 or 16, I can't expect deliver until Oct. 31st. Two months different than the dealer keeps telling me. Now, if I can't call the regional office to get this information, when was I going to receive it, Sept 1st, when I didn't have my car. I think calling the Regional office is the right and correct thing to do. Not all dealers are playing above board and good give a rat's *** about us pre-orders. They will get rid of the cars if we decided not to take delivery on them.

Just my two cents.

Justwant1....turning into not wanting one.
Old 07-15-2002, 06:25 AM
myz350

Just wondering, if you guys are so anxious about getting info on the delivery of your car, what if you call the regional office and finds out that your delivery date is actually 2 months later than what your dealer told you? Are you going to cancel your order? Now think HARD about this question before you answer, cause I had to, and the answer I gave was "Just make sure that my order is in line!". Now do you really want to know when you are getting your car, or do you want to be happy when you get your Z?
Old 07-15-2002, 07:14 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by myz350
Now do you really want to know when you are getting your car, or do you want to be happy when you get your Z?
I'm shooting for both options.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:30 AM
droideka

Thumbs down

Originally posted by justwant1
I happen to whole heartedly agree. My dealer has misinformed me greatly. I called them yesterday and the Inventory Manager is claiming that I should expect to take delivery by the end of August on my car. I finally got through to the NNA Regional Office and they tell me a completely different story. For my order which was placed on Jan 15 or 16, I can't expect deliver until Oct. 31st. Two months different than the dealer keeps telling me.
Damn. I would be LIVID if I were you. When did your dealer fax in your order? June 1st? How is it possible that someone who orders immediately after the start of the pre-order program gets their car at the end of October? Isn't it snowing by then in Illinois?

Sorry, man.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:33 AM
droideka

Originally posted by myz350
Just wondering, if you guys are so anxious about getting info on the delivery of your car, what if you call the regional office and finds out that your delivery date is actually 2 months later than what your dealer told you? Are you going to cancel your order? Now think HARD about this question before you answer, cause I had to, and the answer I gave was "Just make sure that my order is in line!". Now do you really want to know when you are getting your car, or do you want to be happy when you get your Z?
That is a tough question to ask and one that some of us will have to come to grips with. I don't think that there are many people who ordered the first week of the program (including myself) that signed on for the end of October as a delivery date.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:48 AM
LowFuel

Has Nissan ever said anything about what order the cars are being built in?
We're still just assuming that build order is done based on when orders were placed, right?

(dont get me wrong, it's a logical assumption! just want to make sure I didnt miss something)
Old 07-15-2002, 09:05 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by LowFuel
Has Nissan ever said anything about what order the cars are being built in?
Not that I am aware of Jason. Except that the distribution reports that Nissan gives the dealers, which have our order numbers on them, do have delivery dates (Sept for R and S, Oct for T). And these order numbers do basically follow the date orders were placed.

They are summarized here
Old 07-15-2002, 03:05 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Scaf, since you have been compiling the results, have you seen any pattern as to what type of car is being built first (i.e. color, model, 6 speed vs AT etc.)?
Old 07-15-2002, 06:55 PM
Zonedogg

again I will say...when you get your car has nothing to do with when you ordered. They began production after all the orders were in so getting an early start did not get you a head start in production. They will be producing groupos cars according to color and model if yyour car fits one of these cars when it is shipped, you get it. Every person I have called\talked to has confirmed this.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:16 PM
Scafremon

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Scaf, since you have been compiling the results, have you seen any pattern as to what type of car is being built first (i.e. color, model, 6 speed vs AT etc.)?
Not enough data yet to make a worthy conclusion, but so far, the data shows no correlation to the trim/color/tranny of the cars.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:19 PM
Scafremon

Originally posted by Zonedogg
again I will say...when you get your car has nothing to do with when you ordered. Every person I have called\talked to has confirmed this.
I guess it all depends on who you talk to, as NNA employees have consistently told me that date ordered does correlate to build schedule. It may be a mute point, especially if they fill a ship with 3,200 Z's. That covers quite a wide spread of order dates. Couple of shipments like that, we all have our cars, and who cares who's car came off the line first.

Quick Reply: Calls to Regional Offices