2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Calls to Regional Offices

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 12:26 AM
ZISME
Nissan USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calls to Regional Offices

Our Regional Offices are being swamped by phone calls from consumers asking for status of their orders. I would like to ask everyone to stop calling the Regions. So far the Regions have tried to help with the information but it is becoming to much. If you would like information about your order, please contact your dealer. If your dealer would like to contact the Regional Office for information, he can.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:35 AM
jeffw

ZISME,

Someone posted to ZCAR saying that we should now expect to get another mailing from NNA. The mailing is supposed to tell us when to expect delivery. Is this true?

Link:

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=5&i=54687&t=54687

(Moderators: You might want to "staple" ZISME's post to the top of the forum.)
--
Jeff
Old 07-12-2002, 12:35 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Well ZISME, I appreciate the information and help you have provided but going to the dealers is a waste of time they have no clue and the don't know their a@# from a hole in the ground, everytime I ask they give me nothing and with just 5 minutes and one call I was satisfied by the regional office. The only time they know anything is when is time to make the deposit or to make full payment.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:36 AM
justwant1

ZISME,

That would be great, but my dealer seems to know absolutly nothing. They have been unable to give me any information regarding my order.

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:39 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

ZISME, the problem is our dealers know ABSOLUTELY nothing -- or at the very least won't give us any info. It is not just the case that we are all little kids who can't wait for our Christmas present (although that is certainly part of it), but for most of us a $30K+ car purchase is a major expense. Some of us have to sell our existing cars, others are arranging financing, some our going to be out of town for several weeks on vacation, I don't think it is reasonable for Nissan to expect us to patiently sit by the phone, and then magically have our finances in hand so we can go pay for the car the next day after our dealer calls us. I will try my dealer yet tomorrow, but when I get absolutely no information from him -- which if it is like all my other calls that is what will happen, I have no choice but to try get the info on when my car is available from whatever source I can.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:43 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Sorry to interrupt but what's the difference between dealer call the regional office than us, the consumer call the office?

Either way, the problem we are having is we have been waiting over 7 months now and we would like to know when the car will be here. First it was August, now it's Sept. Who knows, maybe something else happen then we are looking at October.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:44 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

ZISME,

I'm sure that you understand that most of our dealers SUCK and have no incentive to help us finalize our orders and/or establish any sense of when our vehicles might arrive. They know we'll be in the day it arrives, so what's the bother?

Is there anyway a Web-based form could be established so that we could input our data/tracking numbers and allow a specialized NNA staff to answer our requests via e-mail and provide all appropriate information? Where is the "ongoing dialogue" that we were lead to believe would happen as our cars were built and scheduled for delivery? I myself, and probably many others believed that dialogue would be with Nissan directly and not some mis-informed dealer, yet when we call the regional offices we're told to speak to the dealer as they are fully knowledgeable and able to help. Please believe us, they're not.

"With detailed equipment and pricing available, early Z™ buyers will be able to order their actual vehicles rather than just take a place in line," said Connelly. "Once an order is taken, we'll start an ongoing dialog with the buyers which will continue up to and beyond their delivery date."
Old 07-12-2002, 12:45 AM
justwant1

That's a great quote. Wish I had a tracking number from someone!
Old 07-12-2002, 12:50 AM
Quadry

I agree. My dealer said that it would be a great process and Nissan was going to go out of the way to make the pre-order a great experience. I am just trying to find out when my car will be here. A lot of us are very loyal Nissan customers and some are loyal Z customers. We are just trying to get answers and when we know more than the dealer, that doesn't speak well for the dealers. It would be great to leave the Regions alone, but when we get no answers from the dealers, we look elsewhere.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:01 AM
Scafremon

I don't think alot of us are calling.

I think it's just InternetAbyss calling alot.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:18 AM
Scafremon

Seriously though, the information flow is not working very well through the dealers. If it was, we'd all have received some sort of update from our dealers. From the info that we have compiled over last few days, we've got people who ordered in March with tracking numbers, and 2 week delivery windows. We've also got people who ordered on Day 1, with not a word from their dealers.

We've got people who's dealers seemed to have faxed in their orders in 2 months late, and these people are getting their cars 2 months late. We're concerned. Maybe even a bit paranoid. Did someone walk into my dealer 2 months after me, and offer the dealer a premium to take my slot and my car? Is that why the only delivery info I have rec'd (from NNA) is Nov/Dec, when other people who ordered near me are getting theirs in October?

Instead of NNA trying to field 7800 calls, I suggest NNA make 500 calls, one to each of their dealers. And instruct those dealers to make 15 calls, to each of their customers. This little panic we are in will blow over real quick.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:21 AM
88 Shrio Special

Default Shame on you NIssan

ZISME Don't forget the the CUSTOMER is always right. The attitude at the regional offices should be one of DISSAPOINTMENT in the total lack of execution on your dealers end, NOT the CUSTOMER trying to get info on a 37K+ car they want del info on. Shame on NISSAN! I feel that Nissan should have had better follow through on the dealers ablility or should I say Lack of, to answer questions. You have been very helpfull, and proffesional in communicating info to us, but for you to ask us not to ask questions to your REGIONAL Offices is very unproffesional. I am truly dissapointed.. A CONSUMER
Old 07-12-2002, 01:27 AM
BullishZ

Originally posted by Scafremon
We've got people who's dealers seemed to have faxed in their orders in 2 months late, and these people are getting their cars 2 months late. We're concerned. Maybe even a bit paranoid.
That's like something that happened to me... I noticed that some people got a lower number than me at 6200/6500 on the package, although they ordered later than I did...

I am concerned!!!

The NNA person who I spoke with (I swear I only called once! ) said that I should expect delivery in Nov/Dec... when I was originally told that I would have the Z by later Oct at latest...

SUCKS!
Old 07-12-2002, 01:29 AM
justwant1

I just spoke with the Inventory Manager at my dealership. He tells me that he has no information on the Z's they have for pre-order. They haven't received anything, but still expect the cars by end of August. I think we know a lot more than he does. Right now I don't expect to see that car until the middle of Sept. the earliest and I was their first pre-order. If the Inventory Manager doesn't know anything then what is Nissan telling their dealers?
Old 07-12-2002, 02:10 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Example of what our dealers give us:

When I asked my dealer for the regional rep. in charge of this, I was told that they (the dealer) would call for me. They e-mailed me back the next day and said that they called but couldn't get any new info on the car (VIN, delivery port, delivery date etc.)

I see the phone number for my regional rep. posted on here and make the call MYSELF and within 30 mins. I am talking to a very pleasant lady (SHE called ME back) who gives me all of that info without batting an eye and who seemed genuinely happy to help me. She even told me to call her back if I had any other questions. Now THAT is service. NOT what our dealers (who already have our money and who are already making a $3500 profit off of me and who have no incentive whatsoever to help us because of this) are giving us.

Are you listening to your customers ZISME? This is what Nissan needs to improve upon if they are interested in the next pre-order program they come up with.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:19 AM
dc350z

Default OUCH!

Seems to me like ZISME "crashed and burned" on this one.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:27 AM
VandyZ

I called my dealer (president of the dealership) who took my pre-order. I say: "Nissan North America claims that you have some order information for me on the inventory control sheets." He says: "Hold on just a second, Adam, let me see what I have. . . Yes, it seems you will be one of the first, well the first with a scheduled delivery in August." I say: "Cool, so that means my order tracking number begins with a R, correct?" He says: Yes, your order number is R******."

Why did I post all of this? Well the one other time I spoke with the dealer he said he had no info but would call me the second he had some. I had to "lead the witness" a bit but I got the info I wanted. If they don’t know off the top of their head, they may want to defer to someone else. Just be courteous and sound like you know what you are talking about.
Old 07-12-2002, 02:31 AM
mdouvris

Default right on Doc!

The Nissan customer service machine did not get any part of this pre order right. If we are so important, why not contact us with info? We will tell people that ask how this process went. Very few will have good things to say. Bonz is right! The dealers got our money and they don't give a ****.

Quick Reply: Calls to Regional Offices