Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

check out the new goodies i got

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003 | 11:46 AM
NismoEagleRock

Talking check out the new goodies i got

hehe, just had to show someone. pretty cool stuff, with more SECRET stuff on the way. i think they look pretty nice.
Attached Thumbnails check out the new goodies i got-dvc00611.jpg  
Old 03-04-2003 | 11:47 AM
NismoEagleRock

oil filler cap
Attached Thumbnails check out the new goodies i got-dvc00619.jpg  
Old 03-04-2003 | 11:48 AM
NismoEagleRock

radiator cap
Attached Thumbnails check out the new goodies i got-dvc00618.jpg  
Old 03-04-2003 | 11:50 AM
NismoEagleRock

entire engine bay
Attached Thumbnails check out the new goodies i got-dvc00620.jpg  
Old 03-04-2003 | 11:51 AM
NismoEagleRock

this bad boy, or errrr... lady, is going on this weekend. jspec, BABY!
Attached Thumbnails check out the new goodies i got-dvc00621.jpg  
Old 03-04-2003 | 01:57 PM
NismoEagleRock

i ordered everything from courtesy parts. the caps are expensive, and they did cost me an arm. i'm actually inputting this message by means of computer voice recognition.. lol, j/k. but, i've had my eye on those two caps since day one. i don't feel bad about the purchase, at all. i think the oil cap is definitely worth it. you can see and feel the quality of the oil cap when it's in front of you. the radiator cap is cool too. supposedly it handles higher pressure radiators, but i don't plan on changing out my radiator any time soon. the only difference w/ the stock and aftermarket one is the shinier appearance of the radiator cap.
Old 03-04-2003 | 03:23 PM
Omega350Z

Is your wire/plenum cover body matched in LeMans Sunset or just some close orange paint, also is it professional or DIY? The color is very bold and looks good, i was considering doing that to mine (I have same color) but i was thiniknig it may bee too "bright" under the hood if i did. How much if it was professional?
Old 03-04-2003 | 04:14 PM
Inova

hey thats pretty cool
Old 03-04-2003 | 05:14 PM
NismoEagleRock

thanks for the comments, guys . as for the plenum, yes, it was done professionally. my dad's friend did it for me. and the paint was purchased by him also. he took my color code and then bought the paint from the place he usually gets paint from for his clients. total cost for the paint was 18 bucks. labor was a mere 30 bucks and a corona. as for it being too bright under the hood, yeah, at first i was like, " ehh, maybe i should just buy another black one and use the orange one for whenever i feel like it," but after a couple of days, i've grown quite fond of it, and i think it looks pretty damn cool
Old 03-04-2003 | 06:49 PM
reelmcoy

how much horsepower that stuff give ya?
Old 03-04-2003 | 09:53 PM
NismoEagleRock

Originally posted by reelmcoy
how much horsepower that stuff give ya?
i suppose that's sarcasm, but that's okay. everyone's entitled to their own opinion, as am i. actually, the use of a radiator cap and/or oil filler cap made by nismo does not produce any horsepower gains, but only enhances the aesthetics of an engine bay. same goes for any other brand of oil cap, no matter what material it's made out of. hopefully you will learn something from this reply once you pull your head out of your *** and realize that different people like different things for their cars. enjoy, your ignorance while i enjoy my car. have a nice day
Old 03-05-2003 | 03:38 AM
reelmcoy

one word-RICE!
Old 03-05-2003 | 04:23 AM
alphared

one word-RICE!
not really rice, yeah maybe the caps, but with the hood close no ones gonna see it. The fairlady emblem def not rice. All the Z in japan has them. It has no indication of 'enhanced power' for the car such as on other rice rockets.
Old 03-05-2003 | 04:43 AM
fairladyZ in Japan

Not rice... and I like to eat the stuff myself..

It is simply appearance.... that is all. And the appearance is improved under the hood.... and the FairladyZ emblem is the same as I have. I have a license plate that has "350" for the number -- most people, except car enthusiasts -- do not know what this means in Japan.

There are no outside stickers and no false claims.

Soooo ..... what is the problem ???
Old 03-05-2003 | 04:46 AM
kbsig106

Default Enjoy!!!

Was the "Fairlady Z" easy to put on and line up?

And no that's not rice at all. Come 'on I show's Nissan Pride!!
Old 03-05-2003 | 04:48 AM
mytalon

I think the caps look good! But that's my opinion. Since you show your car those will really stand out and help the engine bay to impress. Little details like that win comps. I see you got 3 place in a comp, congrats to that and keep up the wining streak for the Z.

To each their own
Old 03-05-2003 | 05:15 AM
jleighZ

What is up with all the rice comments? Geez people get a grip! Just because someone goes show does not make their car rice. RIce is big hoopty wings and coffee can exhausts and stupid crap like that. Makes me wanna rice the crap out of my Eclipse when I see comments like that!

Anyhoo, I'm off my soap box. Car looks nice, I have had my eye on those caps as well, but they are a bit too pricey for me
Old 03-05-2003 | 05:40 AM
jmark

Originally posted by GirlieGT
What is up with all the rice comments? Geez people get a grip! Just because someone goes show does not make their car rice. RIce is big hoopty wings and coffee can exhausts and stupid crap like that. Makes me wanna rice the crap out of my Eclipse when I see comments like that!

Anyhoo, I'm off my soap box. Car looks nice, I have had my eye on those caps as well, but they are a bit too pricey for me
I agree the car looks good. I am just not sure I want to pop for the NISMO caps that bad........Wonder if the price will drop once the stuff is readily available here?

As for reelmcoy he drives one of those discontinued F-bodies! At least his tastes are improving with the Z Track on order!

Last edited by jmark; 03-05-2003 at 05:45 AM.
Old 03-05-2003 | 08:40 AM
reelmcoy

[i]
As for reelmcoy he drives one of those discontinued F-bodies! At least his tastes are improving with the Z Track on order! [/B]
you want to take your Z to the dragstrip and race for some cash against my discontinued F Body. i would be more than happy to hand you your a$$. ive already wasted on Z using 3/4 throttle and shifting a 5000 rpm. i dont think you would even be worth my gas and rubber.
Old 03-05-2003 | 09:04 AM
jmark

you want to take your Z to the dragstrip and race for some cash against my discontinued F Body. i would be more than happy to hand you your a$$. ive already wasted on Z using 3/4 throttle and shifting a 5000 rpm. i dont think you would even be worth my gas and rubber.
So why are you buying a Z?

Quick Reply: check out the new goodies i got