Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

First Impressions (and I LOVE the BOSE) ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 11:00 PM
leelinch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Impressions (and I LOVE the BOSE) ...

Well, Ive had my car 5 days now (vin: JN1AZ34D63T1109**) and have a number of comments. In no particular order, here they are:

THE POSITIVES:

1. My stereo ROCKS! - Maybe the Nissan people finally got it right. Dont notice any problems with the amp or sub. Additionally, I havent noticed the automatic volume control "feature" kicking in and ruining my radio adjustment even once.

2. My NAV ROCKS! - Drove from Dallas to San Antonio to Xpel's home office (Reflex Enterprises) to have their top installer (Michael Mayall - Vice President Sales/Training) install the two clear bra kits. The guy even canceled his date to see me at 8pm. Anyway, drove to San Antonio, stopped the car and plugged in his address. Then that beautiful female voice guided me right to their doorstep. Very Cool!

3. This car can MOVE! - The Nissan statement about just point and the car goes there, its true. The speeds attained are effortless. 100 mph on a strait road in this car feels as smooth and stable as the car does at 50 mph on the same road. Top speed attained while not going over my 4000 RPM break-in: 104 mph.

4. Lemans Sunset is HOT! Day 3 with the car, I go out in the morning and see a note tucked under the windshield wiper. It says: "You are HOT, and your car is HOT" A few days earlier I had said hello to a cute little lalita and think it might have been her. Oh, the JOY of OWNERSHIP!

5. ETC ETC - I never accidentally turn on my seat warmers, I never started aching from the seats (even after 10 hours of driving), I love the antenna, I love my 17 inch wheels, I love my AT and would never trade it for the manual (Im sure Ill get atleast 10 responses from this comment alone ), my windows dont get grease streaks, Im not having any "blind spot" problems, my 5'1" girlfriend can easily see over the dash, and I have no rattles (yet).

THE NEGATIVES:

1. The paint on the bumper is especially weak - Have not yet received any chips on the painted metal parts, but cant say the same for the bumper. I must have received 3-4 small indentions (resembling craters on the moon, but on a much smaller scale) on the front bumper on the drive to San Antonio. /// I would recommend a quality clear bra to all those out there. Mine looks fantastic. Some say theyll just repaint, but whats the point. You may need to repaint every few weeks.

2. COPS - Received my first speeding ticket just 20 minutes from home thanks to some good 'ol boy cop in some little hick town just south of Ft Worth. Only 88 in a 65. I didnt even have an insurance card to give him and still had the paper plates, but he understood (...but how dare the guy not even make one comment on my Z, I even had the NAV on for crying out loud!!!). It could have been worse I guess. /// Approached an SUV at 88 before realizing it was a sheriff and immediately took the foot off the gas. He never bothered me. /// Then, in Irving, had a cop pull up beside me and shine his light thru my side window. I was doing about 76 at the time and he left me alone once I acknowledged him with a hand wave and reduced my speed to the 60's. Geez, good grief!

OTHER:

When I picked this car up Saturday I think it was a bit anti-climatic. I mean, Ive spent so much time reading this forum, looking at auto mags, and etc, I guess I just didnt know what to do when I actually had the car.

I can honestly say, however, that my love for this car has grown with every drive. Its simply amazing. I great car to get into, a great car to drive, and a great car to own. Looking at other cars while waiting for this car seemed to make sense at the time (g35 sedan, FX35, Xterra - all of which are available thru my VPP program) but Im sooo happy I waited all these months and ultimately got the Z. The few grand I would have saved would have been nothing compared to the pleasure this car gives - some might say its PRICELESS.

Last edited by leelinch; 03-06-2003 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:16 PM
john350Z

congratulations on your new car!!!!!!!!!

enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!! i do!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 11:24 PM
Butterfly20

Wow, you must have a lot of time on your hands. It's good to hear that you are enjoying your Z and that there ar eno problems with it. You must be an interesting person to talk to, very outspoken. You are a good writer too BTW.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Jason

...and your car is HOT.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:55 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default Re: First Impressions (and I LOVE the BOSE) ...

Originally posted by leelinch
Well, Ive had my car 5 days now (vin: JN1AZ34D63T1109**) and have a number of comments. In no particular order, here they are:

2. COPS - Received my first speeding ticket just 20 minutes from The few grand I would have saved would have been nothing compared to the pleasure this car gives - some might say its PRICELESS.
Congrats and a DittoHead too; how great is that? Right On!
BTW, get an Excort SR7 with laser diffuser and keep your points down.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:24 PM
WebToker

Default Re: Re: First Impressions (and I LOVE the BOSE) ...

Good post!
Old 03-06-2003, 05:03 PM
91na

Awesome to finally hear someone talk about the great things about the Z! I understand people need to let out anger with the problems, but it's just sooo nice to hear the other side
Old 03-06-2003, 06:19 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...someone besides me actually likes the BOSE....