Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

1-800-nissan1

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 07:22 AM
RxO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1-800-NISSAN1 POLL:

QUOTE:
"If a customer is frustrated with their dealer where should they turn? 1-800-NISSAN1. The Nissan Customer Assistance team is TRAINED to handle these inquiries. The people in the regions have other jobs to do and it is hit and miss whether they can help."
End QUOTE.

OK!
Post your results from this approved method of contact. If you have already gone this route answer the poll now!
I will be in Miami tuesday to take a peek at the results of the poll.
And, if you have comments to add, please post them to this thread.
Good Luck/ Buena Suerte

ps. It is a toll free number, what have you got to lose.
Attached Images  

Last edited by RxO; 07-13-2002 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-13-2002, 07:38 AM
westpak
SFZCC

I have tried the number even though they are very nice and try to help they follow the same recipe that Zisme has pass on, they put me on hold and called the dealer who all they could tell them was that they had faxed the order in on 2/25/02, same result except I wasted 5 minutes and got a case number. I don't fault the people at 1-800 but the system that the exexcutives at Nissan believe is in place and works, it doesn't even work for the 1-800 people.

I have only bothered the regional office twice, once back in april when everyone was getting confirmations but none in my mailbox and a second time yesterday when they gave me an order number, both times I hung up satisfied and good for a few more weeks. Nissan needs to take a close look at the system they believe is working but is far from that.
Old 07-13-2002, 09:46 AM
h4lights

Default RXO

How long will this poll be open? Most people will not be able to check status until monday. I don't think they have anyone working customer service on saturday or sunday.
Old 07-13-2002, 09:43 PM
RxO

Default Re: RXO

Originally posted by h4lights
How long will this poll be open? Most people will not be able to check status until monday. I don't think they have anyone working customer service on saturday or sunday.
I do not think I put a time limit on it.
Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2002, 10:19 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't called 1-800-nissan on the delivery/order status topic. I will on Monday, and will advise.

I did call them once just before I pre-ordered. I gave them the names of 10 dealers in my area who were asking for something over MSRP. They were quite interested in this info.

At least 2 members of this forum that I know of have purchased cars from 2 of those dealers, weeks after my call to Nissan. They got them at MSRP. If that had anything to do with my call (or other calls like mine), then they did a great service.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:33 AM
RxO

Default 1-800-nissan1

Since my poll has disappeared into oblivion,(well off the front page because of the 'new' poll rules), please post your findings good and bad here. If this thread stays active it will stay on the front page for all to read the results!
Monday- Friday 8:30AM to 5:00 PM pdt

Good Luck!
Attached Images  
Old 07-14-2002, 08:54 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

I called 800Nissan1 after I did not get the "black folder" order confirm. I received help from a wonderful member of their marketing department, and received my folder a few days after speaking with her.

You might have to get "three people deep" before you get someone who can directly answer your question, but if you have the same luck I did, you'll at least get some good help when it's all said and done.
Old 07-15-2002, 02:04 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure RxO appreciates the thread-bump. I was planning on doing the same for this thread later today.

After the little ruckus we created earlier this week, I think it's fitting that we follow-up, and call 1-800-Nissan1, to get the information that was so important to us a few days ago. That is of course, if it is still important to each of you. I am not trying to initiate a deluge of phone calls, for purposes of making a point to NNA, or anyone else. If you feel that it could turn into this, then wait till Tuesday, or later in the week to make the call. The order numbers and delivery dates are available for us, and if our dealers have been remiss in forwarding this info, we should call to get it.

If it does nothing else, it may make us feel a bit more comfortable during this final stretch of waiting. If for some reason, a glitch happened surrounding your order, better to know now, so that Nissan can be given an opportunity to correct it for you.

And lastly, if for no other reason, then do it for me, so I can fill in the numurous blank spots on my Order Number Tracking Spreadsheet , for if I do not get more info to add, I will have to resort to seeing if there is any correlation between the number of characters in our nicknames, and our order numbers (or something else silly like that).
Old 07-15-2002, 06:55 PM
h4lights

Default The "Bump"

Originally posted by Scafremon
I'm sure RxO appreciates the thread-bump. I was planning on doing the same for this thread later today.

After the little ruckus we created earlier this week, I think it's fitting that we follow-up, and call 1-800-Nissan1, to get the information that was so important to us a few days ago. That is of course, if it is still important to each of you. I am not trying to initiate a deluge of phone calls, for purposes of making a point to NNA, or anyone else. If you feel that it could turn into this, then wait till Tuesday, or later in the week to make the call. The order numbers and delivery dates are available for us, and if our dealers have been remiss in forwarding this info, we should call to get it.

If it does nothing else, it may make us feel a bit more comfortable during this final stretch of waiting. If for some reason, a glitch happened surrounding your order, better to know now, so that Nissan can be given an opportunity to correct it for you.

And lastly, if for no other reason, then do it for me, so I can fill in the numurous blank spots on my Order Number Tracking Spreadsheet , for if I do not get more info to add, I will have to resort to seeing if there is any correlation between the number of characters in our nicknames, and our order numbers (or something else silly like that).
This may become a very important issue in the future.
Old 07-15-2002, 06:58 PM
h4lights

Is someone going to test the system today?
Old 07-15-2002, 07:03 PM
RxO

Default The Poll:

I have asked Jay if we can staple the poll to the front page for everyone to see the results.
Whatever the findings, it should be helpful for all now and in the future.
Questions...Answers...Where to go?
Old 07-15-2002, 07:50 PM
h4lights

Default Important; The Value Of Using 1-800-NISSAN1:

Probably the most important reason to use 1-800-NISSAN1 is that usually some type of recording and tracking is done to the majority of calls made to consumer affairs/customer assistance.
Management reports are generated and reviewed to determine where best to put resources or correct areas of weakness.
I know this from by long background in this specific area.
If the system is working correctly, your contacts made through this approved channel will make changes possible now and in the future.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:02 PM
gstdtim

Just called 1800NISSAN1......They said they had no information on Order # or arrival date?
Old 07-15-2002, 08:27 PM
RxO

Originally posted by gstdtim
Just called 1800NISSAN1......They said they had no information on Order # or arrival date?
Did they take any information from you?
Any follow-up offered?
Did they refer you to anyone or anywhere?
Or was it more of a predetermined statement.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:38 PM
gstdtim

Took no information. She offered to put my request on file but said that there would not be much purpose. I specifically asked "Do you have order numbers or arrival date information?" and the lady responded, "No, we have no information. They have not yet given it to us." No referrals either.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:00 PM
h4lights

Default The "Purpose":

Originally posted by gstdtim
Took no information. She offered to put my request on file but said that there would not be much purpose. I specifically asked "Do you have order numbers or arrival date information?" and the lady responded, "No, we have no information. They have not yet given it to us." No referrals either.
The "purpose" is to document your request so that someone can review who is asking for what.
If you want to manipulate the system to give the desired results just don't document 'sensitive' areas.
No tracking...no problems with the system in place now.

Interesting.

Let's hope the dealers have been given the current information or some type of follow up procedure or it's just a big "chase your tail" program since the regions are off limits for contact.
Of course it's monday, and no one likes to fill out forms albeit paper or virtual!

I have worked and managed both types of CS environments, (full reporting and 'limited' reporting) and understand the methods completely. Let's just hope it's low motivation on the part of your contact person at Nissan and not the policy or reality she is describing.

Last edited by h4lights; 07-15-2002 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:44 PM
roberto350z

they have no info. I double checked and triple checked with them, and she followed up with two different higher ups, and reviewed a stats sheet that the higher ups had,

and nothing! I documented and now Im done...with no more info..

ps. actually ahe had an order #, but it is not a number with an r,s,or t.
Old 07-15-2002, 09:46 PM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

First I was told that I need to contact the dealer. Then I asked they guy at 1-800-NISSAN1 to take some information. He said there was a special team that deals with confirmations. Then he gave me a 7-digit file number but did not say what would be done with it. I guess when I get tired of waiting I can call back 1-800-NISSAN1 and refer to the file number. Maybe by then they will have an answer for me. BTW, my particular issue is documented in a POST further below on the forum addressed to ZISME.

Quick Reply: 1-800-nissan1