Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z vs S2k

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 10:38 AM
raceboy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too funny!! The only people that argue so voraciously that one car is better than another (this goes for S2K people and 350Z people) are men with small penises. It really boils down to driver on most racetracks. I have a 138hp Toyota MR2 Spyder and have spent all day passing S2K's at the track, does that mean my Spyder is better?? No! Put a driver equal to me in the S2K and he'll pass me all day long. I really like the S2K and I would be driving one right now if the damn interior wasn't smaller than a Miata! My knees don't even fit under the steering wheel and I have to duck to look out the side windows!

I would say the S2K needs more skill to drive fast. You need to know how to keep it in the powerband (rev it). The Z could probably be left in 3rd gear and make damn fast progress around a track. I think with 2 equal drivers that the Z and S2k would be very very close.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:12 AM
john0213

LoL~small *****~

Originally posted by S2kRob

I'll take that bet. How about for title? I provide legal documentation from the Ontario Ministry of Transportation that I own an S2000, and you give me title to your car. I, of course, will have it notarized if you wish, and can provide a support letter from my insurance company stating the cars they have me insured for. Photographic proof will also be made available. I've always wanted a 300ZX TT. This seems the cheapest and easiest way to get one. BTW, I'm quoting you for my new signature. I enjoy your witless and trite retorts. Keep up the entertaining work.
um....do we have to go that serious~?
Old 07-16-2002, 04:28 PM
S2kRob

Ummm. I was actually joking.

For the record, I never put down the 350Z anywhere. I merely pointed out that people have serious misconceptions regarding the S2000.

Also, TwinTurboZX did the personal attacks first, JManZ. I don't see him getting a warning. It's all right above in this thread.
Old 07-16-2002, 11:51 PM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Also, TwinTurboZX did the personal attacks first, JManZ. I don't see him getting a warning. It's all right above in this thread.
I think Jay was actually going into the part about using TTZX in your sig. There was another case of this that went a couple of weeks ago with the mods stepping in and deleting the sig. They are just staying with the precedence, but yes, TTZX was getting personal also.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:32 AM
tbcz

For the record, I never put down the 350Z anywhere. I merely pointed out that people have serious misconceptions regarding the S2000.

I think Goober's right, that previous sig incident probably did cause Jay to remark on S2kRob's post. It was also the only round fired after I tried to politely tell these guys to knock it off.

Apparantly this thread should have been attended to earlier. But it seems that people ***** just as loud when they aren't allowed to argue. Hmmm...I'm starting to see a pattern...maybe it's just that some people like to ***** at anything....

In the future, I think it would be smart for the few individuals who displayed poor judgement in this thread to cool it. If the mods weren't watching you before, I'm sure they are now.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:07 AM
john0213

i think jay was warning both of u~
Old 07-17-2002, 04:25 AM
NissaNZ

Hey s2kRob, I'm sorry if I offended you didn't really mean to start a war. I was just trying to defend Nissan and the Z, I've been a long time fan of Nissan and their cars and hate to see them put down all the time by people who have never had any experience with them (I don't know maybe you have had a Nissan b4). Anyways, I got a little over my head but it's all cool now.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:51 AM
rai

to sum up. If we have to list the 2 best japanese 2-seater sports cars currently for sale in the united states we have 2 hondas (NSX and S2000). I think we should show honda some respect for keeping the faith and giving us options when Nissan, mazda, toyota, and mitsibuishi abandoned the market to the germans and the americans.

BTW if any of you get the chance to test drive a S2000 do it. Just find a used one that the dealers don't care to put a few miles on. Also bring along you wife or S.O. so the salesman doesn't try to ride along with you "Yes mister salesman, I know how to drive a car". You don't have to feel guilty because you really are in the market for a $32K 2 seater. You will have a blast and might gain a little respect for that four banger in the process.
Old 07-17-2002, 06:11 PM
wake88

The 350Z sux!

Ok, now that I got your attention, I highly approve of both cars and wouldn't be upset if I had one over the other. As was stated before, They are different animals with different habitats.

The Z is a good performer in the twisties with a lot of power at hand in any given gear. It's easier to drive fast without constantly rowing through the gears and the torque makes it feel like a monster. There are many variations to choose from, and although it wasn't built specifically on a sports car platform, you can choose the track model and get sports car performance. The price deal is a no-brainer and fills several market gaps. Lot's of perks, like traction control, tire pressure sensors, too many things to name.

On the other hand, the S2000 is a purists sports car. Somewhat uncomfortable on long range journeys, this car was made for tracking and autocross. The proper gears must be selected to wring the power from the 2 liter, but that's half the fun. With a 9k rpm redline and extracting 240 horses from a 4 cylinder is an engineering marvel. It's exciting and will keep you on the edge of your seat (depending on the turn ) throughout each ride.

While I purchased an S2000, I don't know what I would have done had the Z been available at the time. I respect both cars and in no way regret owning the S2K. I enjoy every minute of it!

I've convinced my roommate that he needs a 350Z so we can tear up the back roads together.

My last point: Why compare these cars at all? There will always be opinions on both sides as well as some right down the middle. Does it really matter who does this better or what does that better? It really comes down to what YOU personally like and what car you've been pining after. Want to compare performance? Forget it. You need two equal drivers in the cars. One whose as good at driving the S2000 is as the other is at driving the 350Z on the same course with the same variables. If you think about it it's really impossible.

Why are people so worried about it anyway? To justify their purchase? For those that need to do that, maybe you didn't do enough personal evaluation as to what YOU really want in a car. Let's just drop it and enjoy whatever you choose. Just don't but a Mustang!
Old 07-17-2002, 06:14 PM
tbcz

Thumbs up

Wake 88,

You get post of the day for that one. Well said!
Old 07-17-2002, 08:48 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

I hereby declare that we should change the name of this board to my350Zandmysmallpenis.com. It's amazing how many simpleton clowns we have in our presence here. I'm especially ashamed with the moderators in allowing twinturbo and brianz to get away with their inflammatory comments while at the same time blasting the Stook owners. The degree of confidence in a vehicle which NONE OF US HAS DRIVEN is mind boggling to say the least.

If you want to rag on something, pick on the Hyundia Tiburon, but not the Stook. Many of you (myself included) will eventually fall prey to a seasoned driver in a Stook, a purpose built racecar, and you will crawl away with your tail tucked between your legs. I can't wait to start reading those stories, especially yours, brian.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:08 PM
J Ritt

droidekaus,

I'm with you man...it cracks me up how everybody says, well, "the car won't handle as well as an S2000," or "the S2000 will be better for autoX," or "on a racetrack the Z will kill it,"...etc.

The fact of the matter is, THE CAR IS NOT EVEN OUT YET!!!

How can anyone compare when everything is a big if, maybe, or probably? Oh man...let's just wait and see what we'll see. Both cars are sweet, but they are VERY different in design, and will go about their business in very different ways.

Getting in fights over some #'s that haven't even materialized yet cracks me up.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:36 AM
Gravitom

Originally posted by droidekaus
I hereby declare that we should change the name of this board to my350Zandmysmallpenis.com. It's amazing how many simpleton clowns we have in our presence here. I'm especially ashamed with the moderators in allowing twinturbo and brianz to get away with their inflammatory comments while at the same time blasting the Stook owners. The degree of confidence in a vehicle which NONE OF US HAS DRIVEN is mind boggling to say the least.

If you want to rag on something, pick on the Hyundia Tiburon, but not the Stook. Many of you (myself included) will eventually fall prey to a seasoned driver in a Stook, a purpose built racecar, and you will crawl away with your tail tucked between your legs. I can't wait to start reading those stories, especially yours, brian.
I agree, people have such loyalty to a bunch of numbers that they don't even understand.
Old 07-18-2002, 02:44 AM
john0213

LoL~ i don't know y but this thread is getting funny somehow~
Old 07-18-2002, 06:56 AM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by wake88
The 350Z sux!

Ok, now that I got your attention....
good job
Old 07-18-2002, 07:40 AM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by droidekaus

If you want to rag on something, pick on the Hyundia Tiburon, but not the Stook.
Don't be picking on no Tiburon. That means shark in Spanish and I am sure a shark could kick anyone's *** here.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:51 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Originally posted by wake88
The 350Z sux!
The Z is a good performer in the twisties with a lot of power at hand in any given gear. It's easier to drive fast without constantly rowing through the gears and the torque makes it feel like a monster...
Wow, did you actually get to drive one? I was happy just being able to sit in one. That must have been great! Where did you have this experience? (Or is this just the same kind of fantasy that runs through my head all the time, only in this case it's stated as fact? Kind of like a 350Z fiction novel?)

Quick Reply: 350Z vs S2k