SE-R or the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 02:06 PM
HighwaySpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by davidv
What about the 350Z or a pick-up truck?

There's nothing wrong with a cool sport truck!

http://classytrucks.usa-hero.com/Mit...meal.truck.jpg
Old 09-24-2006, 04:05 PM
highside107

If you want a 4 door "sports car" get a STI or EVO. Just my opinion.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:41 PM
slambball88

well this didnt turn out as i expected it to...

and for those who are saying to get a beater (well i cant afford both) ... i am 18

Old 09-24-2006, 07:37 PM
reichlj

Originally Posted by slambball88
well this didnt turn out as i expected it to...

and for those who are saying to get a beater (well i cant afford both) ... i am 18

Sorry kid, after you graduate from college and get a good paying you will be able to afford both the SE-R and 350Z. Until them buy one according to your needs.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:32 AM
slambball88

Originally Posted by reichlj
Sorry kid, after you graduate from college and get a good paying you will be able to afford both the SE-R and 350Z. Until them buy one according to your needs.

yea thnx for trying to help me out anyways...

Old 09-25-2006, 01:55 AM
NuPogodi

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...ea49a63878.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...e6ded4317d.htm

not me.

Last edited by NuPogodi; 09-25-2006 at 01:58 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:44 AM
ZLadie2000
Banned

I own an SER, I have spend over 10k on mods on the vehicle. It's super fast and nice, I get compliments all the time. The Z is a better car hands down and has truely performance potential. Don't get me wrong with my current setup I have beat many 350z because I have 280 whp, but it takes a lot of money to get there. The SER is nice and you can put your whole family in the back and still have fun. It depends on you. I am getting the 350z so I will have two truely sexy awesome cars. The thing is that if a buy a 350z I know I will spend at least 15k in mods and my girlfriend will leave me for spending more money and time in my car's than with her.
wOW, how blunt. 350z vs. girlfriend?? Come on 350Z all the way, your Z won't back talk lol j/k
Old 09-25-2006, 03:45 AM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Don't get a Z. Because sounds like you need a very practical car right now, go with the SE-R. Then trade it in for a Z when you can afford it, AND buy a beater winter car...
Old 09-25-2006, 05:15 AM
Vicynax

Originally Posted by slambball88
Hi,

I was just wondering what you guys think...

I love the Z, but its not an all season car.. and the SE-R is....

hmmm then again.. i wanna hear what you guys have to say

thnx in advance for taking your time to reply to my topic... (it is pretty stupid, but eh i wanna know) :P

I buy a EVO or STi And I'm being serious. I hate Altima.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Suvlaki

The SE-R jumped early in the first vid. It also has less weight as the Z has 2 people in it.

In the 2nd video, the driver missed a gear, corrected himself, and was still neck for neck with the SE-R.

I'm tired of SE-R people thinking they're so much faster than our Zs. Granted, the Z is not the fastest car for the money but it is damn well the sexiest car for the money and it is fast enough.

Oh... to the OP, buy a honda civic until you can afford the Z and a winter beater.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:15 PM
reichlj

Originally Posted by Suvlaki
The SE-R jumped early in the first vid. It also has less weight as the Z has 2 people in it.

In the 2nd video, the driver missed a gear, corrected himself, and was still neck for neck with the SE-R.

I'm tired of SE-R people thinking they're so much faster than our Zs. Granted, the Z is not the fastest car for the money but it is damn well the sexiest car for the money and it is fast enough.

Oh... to the OP, buy a honda civic until you can afford the Z and a winter beater.
The 350z is faster than the SER stock vs. stock., plus it looks better. But, it all depends on the driver techniques of launching and changing gears. I beat a 06 Mustang GT at the track 6months ago because I was a better driver on that race. Which according to car magazines stats it shouldn't happen. I think I did 1/4 mile in 13.89.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:19 PM
slambball88

Civic???

That was an insult
Old 09-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The 350z is faster than the SER stock vs. stock., plus it looks better. But, it all depends on the driver techniques of launching and changing gears. I beat a 06 Mustang GT at the track 6months ago because I was a better driver on that race. Which according to car magazines stats it shouldn't happen. I think I did 1/4 mile in 13.89.
I'm assuming you didn't run a 13.89 with a stock SE-R.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:57 PM
bfdd

Originally Posted by Z_Monzter
Let's see here, hmm.

Sports Car
n.
An automobile equipped for racing, especially an aerodynamically shaped one-passenger or two-passenger vehicle having a low center of gravity and steering and suspension designed for precise control at high speeds.

A Sports Car is a type of automobile designed primarily for performance driving.

While opinions differ as to the exact definition, most sports cars are rear-wheel drive, have two seats and two doors and are designed to provide excellent handling, acceleration, and good looks. A sports car can be described as a car whose dominant design consideration is driving performance. A sports car's main emphasis is on performance by superior road holding, braking, maneuverability, low weight and power rather than comfort, passenger space, and economy.

Altima SE-R = FWD, seats 5, 4 door = Family Sedan

Don't get mad, but these are facts so you have to accept it.
What does that make the EVO and STI? BTW there's a video out there of a stock SE-R smoking a slightly modded 350z. I know this because my friend is the one driving the SE-R.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
bfdd

Those are the videos I'm talking bout, that's my rl friend rofl.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bfdd
What does that make the EVO and STI? BTW there's a video out there of a stock SE-R smoking a slightly modded 350z. I know this because my friend is the one driving the SE-R.
They are Sport Compact Sedans.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:32 PM
bfdd

Originally Posted by Armitage
They are Sport Compact Sedans.
They are yet they out perform a sports car? How does that make sense? btw read the defintion it says "the majority of which" blah blah blah that doesn't necessarly mean that defines a sports car. IMO the Evo and STI are far more of a performance machine than a 350z. I'm not trying to bash on the 350z, I'm really interested in purchasing one because of the style, but you don't just have to have 2 doors and sit 2 to be a sports car.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:37 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by iyah
it just a joke right!?
i'm sure he's joking.

should i buy an S2000 or Accord 4DR?

should i buy an NSX or RL?

should i buy a Supra or Camry 4DR?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:48 AM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bfdd
They are yet they out perform a sports car? How does that make sense? btw read the defintion it says "the majority of which" blah blah blah that doesn't necessarly mean that defines a sports car. IMO the Evo and STI are far more of a performance machine than a 350z. I'm not trying to bash on the 350z, I'm really interested in purchasing one because of the style, but you don't just have to have 2 doors and sit 2 to be a sports car.
It’s interesting that most everybody in this topic seem to have accepted the definition of a sport car as posted by Z_Monzter. Basically, a car built for handling.

And then these same people go on comparing 1/4 mile times, which are totally irrelevant of handling and thus, shouldn’t be a factor in determining the “sportiness” of a car. According to aforementioned accepted sport car definition anyways…

To the OP. If you want good performance from a car you can enjoy all year long, get a WRX. Good power, good handling, 4 doors and safe. Make’s you wish it’ll snow just like you were 6 years old.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:01 AM
orions empire

Originally Posted by dkorr
i'm sure he's joking.

should i buy an S2000 or Accord 4DR?

should i buy an NSX or RL?

should i buy a Supra or Camry 4DR?

+1

OE

Quick Reply: SE-R or the Z?