Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Sold The Z!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Exta_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold The Z!!!

Guys, as of wenesday September 13 2006, I relinquish owerniship of my 2004 Nissan 350Z. Great car, but just didn't live up to my expectations. Maybe in the future, when the Z cars are a bit more reliable, I will once again own one...but for now, its a hit or miss game with the Z. I have decided to invest my money in a MKIV Supra Turbo. I hope i am still welcomed to the Z/G forums...because you guys seem like a cool crowd. I just wanted to say thanks alot for all the support and help. It has been a great journey transitioning from the 300ZX to a 350Z! It was great knowing all of you on this forum. Admins, this is a great site, very informative and growing by the minute...keep up the good work!

Btw, here are the pics of the one im looking to buy...he is asking $30k w/56k miles...but, I am willing to give $25k cash. Its a 6spd Turbo targa...what do you think?

Old 09-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Jenn350Z

Supra
Old 09-25-2006, 09:31 AM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kind of problems did you have with the Z? I wouldnt classify it as an unreliable car.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Exta_Z

Originally Posted by camaro194
What kind of problems did you have with the Z? I wouldnt classify it as an unreliable car.
This was my experience with the 350Z, dealerships, and Nissan as a whole company:

I hate to say this in a Z forum, but this is by far the worst car investment i have ever made! I thought this car would be a little better built than other Nissan vehicles, but I was wrong. The car only has 13k miles on it and it has ALOT of defects and problems, and on top of all that, Martin Nissan can't seem to "replicate" any of my issue/complaints and refuses to warranty things. Here is my story:

When i purchased my car in 2004, it had 60 miles on the odometer. It was fine, and everything ran perfect...how it should for a new $30k car. Well, when i reached 1,300 miles, i began experiencing some issues such as this annoying ticking sound that for the life of me cannot figure out where its coming from. Then the transmission began acting funny. I took it to Martin Nissan where i bought the car from and they told me "we cannot replicate the problem, sorry!" Okay, so i waited and thought maybe my mind was playing tricks with me. I waited till about 5k miles and still ticking and transmission now grinds when shifting into 5th and 3rd...not all the time. Took it in and again, "cannot replicate the problem!" About a month ago and at 13k miles, I began experiencing a funny noise when pressing the clutch pedal in, sounds like someone opening an old door. The transmission shifter now vibrates very bad in 3rd and 4th gear when accelerating, and the ticking sound still there, and sputters when idling with an ubrupt rough idle here and there. So, i took it in and Martin Nissan said you must leave the car here for full diagnostics. So, i did! Four hours later, i get a call from their dumb-*** service writer who says "sorry, we could not replicate any of those issues...your car is ready for pick up!" THAT WAS IT!!! I rushed down there, and told them that I want a technician to sit in the car with me while I drive and I will in fact replicate all the issues. So, I started off with the clutch pedal and it infact screetched like i said it did, then i took the tech with me on a ride and had him put his hand on the shifter as i accelerated, and it did in fact vibrate and grind really bad like i said it did, then i rolled up all the windows and the ticking sound appeared as i said it did. Well, the tech said, "wow...this is a first!" So, we get back to the dealership and he puts my car on the lift and notices my rear swaybar or strutbar, i dunno which on he said, was loose on the right side and needed replacing. Then he tells me, I need a new trans with a new clutch disc...duh...and notices the exhaust gasket was craking and said it needs replacing...and as far as the clutch pedal, he "doesn't know, he will have to refer to his service manager?" So, he tells me that he will talk to his service manager and "try" to order the parts and will call me next day friday. So, i take the car home. Well, that was thursday..no call friday, saturday, or monday. Today, i called and asked the idiot of a service writer what the deal is with my car, and get this, he says "i dunno, looks like everything is done, the order is closed!" WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN CLOSED?? Doesn't repair need to be complete before you close and order? THAT WAS FINALLY IT!! The tech came up to me and said, whats going on?...I said i dunno u tell me, why is there nothing being done to fix my car? He says, "i thought i wrote something on your work order?" So i got a copy of my "closed" work order, wrote down the service writers name, the techs name, and the service managers name and filed a complaint with Nissan North America. I am waiting for a call back from them tommorow, and if it is not to my satisfaction, I am gonna take legal action! This is B.S. i expect this kind of service from dealerships that sell $10k cars not ones that sell $30k...and especially not MY CAR! I have lost total respect for not only the dealership but Nissan as a whole company...I am definitely getting rid of this car asap. I can't beleive i have this many problems on a car with only 13k miles and is babied non-stop. Sorry to sound so angry guys, but I am very frustrated and upset with this.

This was a previous post on a different forum....the car is now sold.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:50 AM
BigRez
Banned

maby u just got a defected z and those *******s are too lazy to do there job, u should file a complaint against that dealership or maby even sue. im sure i would even be more pissed off than you
Old 09-25-2006, 09:53 AM
BigRez
Banned

nice supra by the way, i saw a black one just like that on the 10 freeway two days ago but i was in my friends toyota altezza so i didnt get a chance to race it, it looked clean though
Old 09-25-2006, 10:01 AM
tmounk

I think we've all been through this problem with the dealership. I also complained to Nissan Consumers and they dirrected me to another dealership with better costomer service. But when more problems came, it was like dasavue.

After I got my recal done on my fuel line. I noticed my rear end getting loose especially when coming out of corners. When I took it back to the dealership, they said they could not replicate the problem. So I asked them what was done when doing the recal, was anything touched on the rear suspension. They said no, that the recal was a simple replaement of wires and didn't need to tough anything on the suspension. Well, thanks to this site, I found pictures of the procedure of the recall and the entire rear suspension had to be drop in order to replace the fuel line.

I'm in the mist of filing another complaint with Nissian Consumers, I feel your pain and frustration. But for me, I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. I love my car too much and spend too much time and money in it to give up. Plus there is nothing else on the market that meets my standards like the performance and looks of the Z.

Good luck in your next investment, don't let a couple bad eggs get in the way of investments.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:06 AM
250Z

Originally Posted by Exta_Z
I hate to say this in a Z forum, but this is by far the worst car investment i have ever made!
Originally Posted by tmounk
Good luck in your next investment, don't let a couple bad eggs get in the way of investments.
A car is not an investment.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Todd350ZX

The Supra TT with the inline 6 is a fuggin BEAST! Pick it up for 28K, he'll take that. 25K won't cut it, those cars have strong resale.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:30 AM
tmounk

Originally Posted by 250Z
A car is not an investment.
Why not
Old 09-25-2006, 11:53 AM
BlackZero6

because a car loses value over time...and in time or resale you will lose money,

an investment will make you money at the time or resale
Old 09-25-2006, 12:09 PM
tmounk

What about old corvettes and muscle cars? They are great investments. Some investments go up and some go down, like realestate. I don't think investing in a Z will be a good investment, but cars are investments.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:11 PM
BlackZero6

youre comparing classics that gain value vs. an import that loses value...the Z will never gain value..therefore not an investment...

if your purchase doesnt not gain value and does not provide a return it is not an investment

cars are not assets they are liabilities
Old 09-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Ztalker

there is no excuse for poor customer service. i got rid of two other vehicles in less than a year due to incompetent customer service in the past. Our local nissan dealership takes care of business, therefore i drive two nissans.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackZero6
because a car loses value over time...and in time or resale you will lose money,

an investment will make you money at the time or resale
car < House
Old 09-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Impactpeople

Once you drive a car off the lot it goes down in value... Also you will be spending more on a car fixing it than money going in your pocket.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:51 PM
davidf

Originally Posted by Todd350ZX
The Supra TT with the inline 6 is a fuggin BEAST! Pick it up for 28K, he'll take that. 25K won't cut it, those cars have strong resale.
Agree, If the guy takes $25K, he's desprate or a fool. $28K is still a good deal.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:40 PM
LIdrew

10+ year old Toyota for 30K. No thanks. But to each their own.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:33 PM
minispider

Originally Posted by LIdrew
10+ year old Toyota for 30K. No thanks. But to each their own.
+100000

Quick Reply: Sold The Z!!!