Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

so confused!!! Z or 335i bmw????

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 05:30 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that is a very valid point ampm24. The interior dash actually bows out in the middle and curves away from you as it reaches the A pillar on each side...very uninviting. Somebody needs to be caned for that (bangle?).
Old 09-26-2006, 07:22 AM
tekk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the way i see it here are your options:

1. 2007 Z33 - VQ35HR - 306hp so less power, but also a couple hundred lbs less weight. Less Cost. A lot less. Get soemthing near base and you're looking at $27k. The BMW will cost $15k-20k more. Then again you could put that money toward suspension, brakes and a TT VQ35HR setup if/when it's available.

2. 335i. 320hp out the box. Shouldn't be hard to get 380hp. Doubtful you'll be able to get very far past that without significant (read: expensive) work. A ton of added luxury. 2 extra seats.

if you want to spend more than $50k, I wouldn't waste my time on these cars with the GT-R coming so soon. I'm willing to bet it will dominate both cars above, if not the M3, RS4 as well...especially in tuned form.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:34 AM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by tekk
the way i see it here are your options:

1. 2007 Z33 - VQ35HR - 306hp so less power, but also a couple hundred lbs less weight. Less Cost. A lot less. Get soemthing near base and you're looking at $27k. The BMW will cost $15k-20k more. Then again you could put that money toward suspension, brakes and a TT VQ35HR setup if/when it's available.

2. 335i. 320hp out the box. Shouldn't be hard to get 380hp. Doubtful you'll be able to get very far past that without significant (read: expensive) work. A ton of added luxury. 2 extra seats.

if you want to spend more than $50k, I wouldn't waste my time on these cars with the GT-R coming so soon. I'm willing to bet it will dominate both cars above, if not the M3, RS4 as well...especially in tuned form.
GTR = 70k+
M3 = 60+
RS4 = 65K+
335ci = 41K+
Getting a 335ci BWM and not worry about door ding........priceless.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:50 AM
zpwnzu

I am a huge bmw fan, switched over to the Z because i realize what you get with the BMW, NOTHING but a name. They always need repair and upkeep, expensive to mod, and while they look beautiful, especially the new ones, i am appalled that BMW would release a 3.5 ltre engine, TT it, and expect people to OOOH and AHHHH over 300 hp. Put a TT kit on the Z and you have well over 400 hp. BMW is a fool for designing a car to its bare minimum potential. I cant see anyone justifying a 45k dollar car with 300 HP when you could make a 30k dollar car that is just as nice (like the z) just as fast for less money and less worry.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Sven

Originally Posted by zpwnzu
I am a huge bmw fan, switched over to the Z because i realize what you get with the BMW, NOTHING but a name. They always need repair and upkeep, expensive to mod, and while they look beautiful, especially the new ones, i am appalled that BMW would release a 3.5 ltre engine, TT it, and expect people to OOOH and AHHHH over 300 hp. Put a TT kit on the Z and you have well over 400 hp. BMW is a fool for designing a car to its bare minimum potential. I cant see anyone justifying a 45k dollar car with 300 HP when you could make a 30k dollar car that is just as nice (like the z) just as fast for less money and less worry.
I absolutely agree.

It's all about the name. An Acura TL comes standard with a plethora of features while on the other hand if you get a BMW with the same features it will cost you a fortune. (and you get electrical problems among other things with the BMW).

As my friend says BMW = Bavarian Money Works
Old 09-26-2006, 11:57 AM
skaterbasist

Im surpriced so many Z owners are going for the 335i !!!

I mean yeah its such a great car... but I would have expected G35 and Bimmers owners to swap cars since they are in the same class instead of Z owners.

That 335i is so amazing, but ill stick to the 2008 G35 coupe

Old 09-26-2006, 02:26 PM
persianmafia

i live near the border and we call beemers Big Mexican Women down here
Old 09-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Vicynax

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Im surpriced so many Z owners are going for the 335i !!!

I mean yeah its such a great car... but I would have expected G35 and Bimmers owners to swap cars since they are in the same class instead of Z owners.

That 335i is so amazing, but ill stick to the 2008 G35 coupe

I wouldn't consider G35 a luxury car actually. G35 aimed to be wanna be luxury but doesn't perform up to par... Covering plastic up with leather doesn't mean the car is luxurious, if so, my Z with leather would be considered luxurious too. I love that car, and alot of times, I really wished I bought G35 instead of the Z for a more classy look + extra luggage space (backseat). Maybe it's because I live in S. Cal, but everytime I see an Asian male driving that with mods, I can't help but think -- must be some kid w/ no job and mom wouldn't pay for 2 seater so they got a G instead.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Sven

Originally Posted by Vicynax
I wouldn't consider G35 a luxury car actually. G35 aimed to be wanna be luxury but doesn't perform up to par... Covering plastic up with leather doesn't mean the car is luxurious, if so, my Z with leather would be considered luxurious too. I love that car, and alot of times, I really wished I bought G35 instead of the Z for a more classy look + extra luggage space (backseat). Maybe it's because I live in S. Cal, but everytime I see an Asian male driving that with mods, I can't help but think -- must be some kid w/ no job and mom wouldn't pay for 2 seater so they got a G instead.
Especially since your state is dominated by BMW, Porsche and Range Rover. I can see why a G35 would not seem so luxurious.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:59 PM
xray2

Originally Posted by Vicynax
I totally agree. I checked out a g35 with my gf, while looking for a car for her. It's so miserably cheap in there, I thought. The quality of the interior plastics and feel of the materials is really poor. Almost like a luxury-Hyundai.
We checked out an IS350, Acura TL and they we were better, but still so-so.

BMW at 38k is still way ahead of the Japanese even for a 60k Lexus.
Just make sure you never go out of warranty on the Beamer.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Vicynax

Originally Posted by Sven
Especially since your state is dominated by BMW, Porsche and Range Rover. I can see why a G35 would not seem so luxurious.
Porsche is far from luxurious. Interior is crap unless you are willing to have Porsche customize it for an additional $20k just to have specific places with leather/special inserts/color stitches. If you compare a equally priced Audi to a G35, it's a world of difference. It's really a matter of detail rather than slapping on synthetic leather, leaving 2 extra seats in the back, and marking it as a luxury car. In seriousness, G35 is really not all that more luxurious compared to a Z.

On another note, Acura, IMHO, sells AWESOME packaged cars for a great price. They've reliability, looks (most of them), all the necessary interior holstery and electronics for a great price. BMW really is just the name with minor improvements of the Acura with a greater price tag and expensive repair cost.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:23 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The 335 is a nice car, but I had my first time experience with it this weekend and it's nothing compared to the Z.

The Z handles better, and I beat it with just test pipes and greddy evo2 exhaust. Plus the 335's oil temp flew up when we hit the canyons.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Exta_Z

GET THE BIMMER!!! The new 335i is an amazing car! Here are a few things you need to keep in mind about BMW and their "sports coupes." BMW will never make a lower class model faster than a higher class M version of that model...NEVER! So for the people that are saying, "man, if you twin turbo a 350Z's 3.5liter motor, it will make more power than the BMW's 3.5TT," they need to take a seat and realize a few things---> BMW can easily make that 3.5 TT motor push out 400+hp, but...then where would the M3 market be??? Alos, the 3.5TT motor is very stout and capable of acheiving incredible HP numbers...yet, you got to keep in mind, BMW's are very fine-tuned cars (stock)...which means, no tolerance for mistakes...this aint no Supra! Once finely modified and tuned, it should be a solid contender with the supercars! Take my advise, drop the Z, and get a "real" fast...luxurious...affordable sports coupe---->BMW 335i!
Old 09-26-2006, 06:40 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a BMW board here...

If you're getting one, buy the Z4M Coupe. That would be my choice.

Last edited by 05-Z; 09-26-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Rexy7

I think all BMW's are ugly just can't stand those kidney grills never was a fan, only BMW that ever looked exotic was the M1 with the lambo doors.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:52 PM
jtabraham

Perfect Bimmer to buy:

Old 09-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Casanova

I CANT BELIEVE THIS THREAD IS STILL GOING --- - -WHY THE F^&% WOULD U EVEN CONTEMPLATE ABOUT GETTING A ***&%^ BMW 335i.....

IF ANYTHING... GET AN m3... NOT A fkn 335I...

yOUR AN A$$#&^* MAN !!!! AHHH
Old 09-26-2006, 07:06 PM
bloodwings19

I like the style, much better than the 6 series. As much as I hate the reliability of BMWs, but I got to give them their props for their built. BMWs are solid built cars, they don't crumple in crash as in other cars. When we had it, I love driving at speed knowing that the car does not waver. It doesn't let wind take it, It takes the wind on. If I had a choice, Z or 335i, I'd take Z. If I had a choice for an everyday car, I'd take BMW over Nissan. No BMW for me unless they do long-term warranty.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:11 PM
ZlleH

LOL, some of us who would rather put a turbo in the Zed then buy a 335i is thinking about looks at least for me anyways. I'd rather have the look of a Zed and put on a turbo to stay current with the new car's speed then get the new generation BMW "sports coupe". But that is my personal taste speaking. Any car can be made to run faster.

Originally Posted by Exta_Z
GET THE BIMMER!!! The new 335i is an amazing car! Here are a few things you need to keep in mind about BMW and their "sports coupes." BMW will never make a lower class model faster than a higher class M version of that model...NEVER!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:21 PM
JhayRCruz

Went to BMW today wit a friend whos buying a BMW 335ci. Anyways, we test drove it and i must say thats its pretty fast. The comfort and luxury is top notch.

Quick Reply: so confused!!! Z or 335i bmw????