Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Marine Corps Doesnt Like MY350Z.COM

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
TayTaythatsme04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they just blocked out a bunch of stuff last week I will check and see whats up with that.

but im on the network right now and I can see the site fine.

T
Old 09-27-2006, 07:07 PM
OCZTrack

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
they just blocked out a bunch of stuff last week I will check and see whats up with that.

but im on the network right now and I can see the site fine.

T
I'm still waiting on my PM on how to bypass any other filters
Old 09-27-2006, 07:13 PM
kpiskin

Trust me you'll get caught sooner or later using any type of filtering. It's not worth losing a chevron over. Like I said it's probably a DNS server issue from what you described. It will resolve itself as the servers update themselves.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:16 PM
OCZTrack

Originally Posted by kpiskin
Trust me you'll get caught sooner or later using any type of filtering. It's not worth losing a chevron over. Like I said it's probably a DNS server issue from what you described. It will resolve itself as the servers update themselves.
You guys seriously would report someone for going to a forum? That's kinda lame.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:21 PM
OCZTrack

Wait a minute, you just said you were on the network, HAHA I caught NMCI doin naughty things...
Old 09-27-2006, 07:21 PM
efx

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
NMCI gives me a job

T

LOL!!!!! Yes, unblock myspace as well please!
Old 09-27-2006, 07:24 PM
OCZTrack

Originally Posted by efx
LOL!!!!! Yes, unblock myspace as well please!
I concure, how do the filters work cause I come across sites all the time that I can't go to but then I use a proxy and they come up fine. And I'm not talking about like **** sites or nothing like that. I was trying to go to some 350z stores tonight and couldn't get to em without using a proxy. Why is that?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Hmm one of my tech buddies used to know how to bypass all that ****. If someone actually reported someone for trying to access a website I'd liken them to the sorry *** mp's who pull people over for going 3mph over.

NMCI=Nothing Much Crappier ever invinted heh
Old 09-27-2006, 08:39 PM
kpiskin

Originally Posted by OCZTrack
You guys seriously would report someone for going to a forum? That's kinda lame.
I'm not reporting anyone, just advising you. The implication is that if you are using a proxy service then you are doing something you aren't supposed to be doing. NCDOC watches for that kind of thing and then reports it to the command the activity is coming from. We started blocking most major proxy/anonymizer services to stem the flow. You can still find some, but they can still trace it back to your IP and machine by looking at the packets. IPS technology will eventually be able to shut that kind of activity down automatically without human intervention.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:56 PM
boma

why would thet censor the internet for people who put their lives on the line.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Casanova
wtf.... arnt u supposed to be shooting people or something with yo mp5???? Fck what do u people do at the military? :P
Protect you and the French*
Old 09-27-2006, 09:13 PM
TayTaythatsme04

They have managed to block alot of proxy sites, I been alittle suprised they have done it this fast. And yes the NOC does monitor this thing but as long as your not going to **** and gambling and stupid things like you wont have a problem.

Myspace I think every company I know has that blocked. I have been trying to find a way around that for a while.

But car forums and stuff like that if you can find a proxy for those things and get though then you really dont have a problem.

T
Old 09-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by boma
why would thet censor the internet for people who put their lives on the line.
We don't "rate" the same freedoms that we fight for
Old 09-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Brocken

You know some admin guy on your network is having fun blocking you from sites...I bet he's having a good chuckle.

I know what you mean about needing forums to get through some days. Most of the time I keep pretty busy at work but there are those days with nothing to do...I can't exactly stare at the wall all day.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:42 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Marine Corps Doesnt Like MY350Z.COM-proxy.jpg
Originally Posted by Zincognito
i would use ctunnel.com and or vtunnel.com. they work like a charm!!
A proxy server is a great idea if you can get to it.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:56 AM
kpiskin

The common misconception here is that all of you think the niprnet is the internet and that you should be able to do whatever it is you want on it. In actuality, the niprnet is a weapon system just like any other we use and must be protected from hackers (including the script kiddies, money thiefs, and nation/non-nation state hackers who might be stealing data like security, private personal information, intellectual property that is sensitive but unclassified etc.). Logistics information and medical information are the largest and most sensitive types of data we place on it.

That is why we block some of the IPs out there, we try to balance the personal wants against the mission requirements and sometimes the mission wins. So when you wonder how your identity got stolen think of why there might have been a block placed on your favorite site. Also when blocks are performed it may have absolutely nothing to do with the site you visit. It may be a separate IP hosted by the same company who hosts the innocent site you visit. Until we get the malicious activity sorted we block the whole mess until the ISP can show us that it has cleaned up its act. We try to be surgical in this but blocking one IP against hackers who can get into an ISP means nothing, they just move to the next IP the ISP owns.

This isn't about squelching anyone's freedoms. I guess it looks like that to the common user, but that's not what's happening. Companies also block chat software and the like not necessarily for productivity purposes but to ensure intellectual property and ideas are kept in house and keep them in business. Again they own their slice of the network and are responsible for defending it just like DoD is. Even the ISP you get regular internet service from places limits on you. If you aren't trying to find kiddie **** or doing anything illegal you probably won't notice it, but the restrictions are there, like download caps etc.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:59 AM
efx

Originally Posted by kpiskin
The common misconception here is that all of you think the niprnet is the internet and that you should be able to do whatever it is you want on it. In actuality, the niprnet is a weapon system just like any other we use and must be protected from hackers (including the script kiddies, money thiefs, and nation/non-nation state hackers who might be stealing data like security, private personal information, intellectual property that is sensitive but unclassified etc.). Logistics information and medical information are the largest and most sensitive types of data we place on it.

That is why we block some of the IPs out there, we try to balance the personal wants against the mission requirements and sometimes the mission wins. So when you wonder how your identity got stolen think of why there might have been a block placed on your favorite site. Also when blocks are performed it may have absolutely nothing to do with the site you visit. It may be a separate IP hosted by the same company who hosts the innocent site you visit. Until we get the malicious activity sorted we block the whole mess until the ISP can show us that it has cleaned up its act. We try to be surgical in this but blocking one IP against hackers who can get into an ISP means nothing, they just move to the next IP the ISP owns.

This isn't about squelching anyone's freedoms. I guess it looks like that to the common user, but that's not what's happening. Companies also block chat software and the like not necessarily for productivity purposes but to ensure intellectual property and ideas are kept in house and keep them in business. Again they own their slice of the network and are responsible for defending it just like DoD is. Even the ISP you get regular internet service from places limits on you. If you aren't trying to find kiddie **** or doing anything illegal you probably won't notice it, but the restrictions are there, like download caps etc.

They still should unblock myspace.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:20 AM
kpiskin

You can always call NCDOC and ask them to do it. I used to respond to requests like that all the time and actually unblocked some when we realized something that looked malicious really wasn't.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:38 AM
ZBigDog

Yeah my company sniped myspace a year ago, denied yahoo mail, gmail and most recently ebay. Good thing I'm the only one with a Z in this office so I'm pretty sure I'm good.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Reyes_USN

Originally Posted by OCZTrack
Apparently I visit my350z.com too much while at work because the Marine Corps just blocked out the site for me. Now I gotta go through a proxy to get to it. Bastards...

that sucks, same **** with me, I surf this site when im home or on my laptop. You at Pendleton?

Quick Reply: Marine Corps Doesnt Like MY350Z.COM