Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Get this

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:58 AM
kdogg24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get this

So, I have been having some minor issues with the Z, so I took it into the local dealership today. What I had them do, was look at the coin holder in the center console, (because it now comes out, it broke loose), I also had them look at the "5" button on the radio because it was sticking, and finally I had them check the fuel lines because my fuel gauge goes from half a tank to quarter of a tank in 4 miles.

They come back after about an hour of waiting and tell me some wonderful news! The car is ready, they ordered an entirely new center console for me, the ordered an entirely new cd/radio deck, and they also ordered a new sensor for the fuel tank because the one I had on it was loose so that is why I wasn't getting a proper reading.

I've never had such a pleasent experience with any dealer service department and I've own Pontiac, Acura, and now Nissan. The only thing I wish Nissan had was free loaner cars. I miss having that luxury with Acura's.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Z1st-T

Nice to hear.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:26 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, they ordered some stuff... not to burst your bubble, but I wouldn't go dancing in the streets until it's all been replaced, is working properly and there's no peripheral damage from the swapping of parts.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Xx SiFaKa

Glad to hear someone has a honest dealer close to them. Wish I could say the same for myself.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
So, they ordered some stuff... not to burst your bubble, but I wouldn't go dancing in the streets until it's all been replaced, is working properly and there's no peripheral damage from the swapping of parts.
Don't rain on his parade

Lets give the stealership the benefit of the doubt unless they fk it up.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by kdogg24

I've never had such a pleasent experience with any dealer service department and I've own Pontiac, Acura, and now Nissan. The only thing I wish Nissan had was free loaner cars. I miss having that luxury with Acura's.
our local nissan dealership offers a free rental from enterprize if they had to keep the car for the day or overnite. All i needed to do was to ask.
Old 10-09-2006, 01:06 PM
350zz053

im driving to your nissan from now on..who cares about the 10 hour drive...my nissan here sucks
Old 10-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Ztalker
our local nissan dealership offers a free rental from enterprize if they had to keep the car for the day or overnite. All i needed to do was to ask.
Yea mine does it as well. I didn't even have to ask they offered it to me.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:23 PM
shushikiary

I recently had a horrible and good experience at the dealship(s). The transmission on my 2003 z33 has been grinding 6th gear (strange as they usually have trouble in 3rd) when ever I shift into it from any gear, though it's worse when you try to go from 3rd or 4th to 6th, it's really anoying. If you baby it in, taking like 2 seconds to get it in gear, it doesnt grind (syncro's i bet...) so I took it to the boulder dealership and told them what was going on (keep in mind i'm 22). They guy who I talk to looks at me like I've been mistreating the car (it has 18,000 miles on it), and asks why I would ever shift from 4th or 3rd to 6th, and I replied to him it was for gas milage. He says he will take a look at it. Later he calls me, tells me he cant reproduce the grinding, and then attempts to tell me I dont know how to drive the car, and that shifting the way i was is "not normal" and that it wont improve my gas milage. I tell him that it will increase the gas milage, and that skipping gears is even suggested by the EPA as way to save gas milage (anyone remember the 70's when gas was high like it is now and the EPA said this as most cars where stick back then? (I wasnt around but my dad was)). He then threatens to tell nissan "how i've been driving the car"... pff, so I tell him what ever and figure to my self I'll just take it to another dealship and see what they say as well. This car is my baby, and I love it to death, I would never abuse it, like constant burn outs, or anyhing even close to that nature...

Anyways, I take it to the local john elway nissan dealership, and they let ME drive the car with the tech in the car. I show them the grinding, he drives it, gets it to grinds, but says he wants a 2nd opinion, so he has his manager drive it, who says it's confirmed. Manager invites me into his office, tells me they will set up a date, pully the tranny take it apart, and talk to nissan and see what they will do, wether putting a new transmission in it, or replacing 6th gear. Easy as cake.... the john elway nissan dealship has earned my gratitude and impressed me so far, they have always been nice, they treated me with respect, listened to what I have to say, etc etc.

Dont know why the two dealerships are soooo different from eachother, but I'll never be back at the boulder dealership again.

glad to see that you found a good one too.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:18 PM
kdogg24

Originally Posted by Ztalker
I asked about a rental car and she told me that they only cover it if the dealership is installing things in my car, which they were only looking and ordering parts today...so...
Old 10-09-2006, 05:51 PM
UMW350Z

i heard that Nissan won't let anyone dive into the tranny's to fix problems, they just replace the entire unit and ship the defective one back to nissan. maybe things have changed since last year?