2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are you gonna do when it's time?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 06:56 PM
kevintari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are you gonna do when it's time?

When they call and tell you to come down and pick up your new Z?

Sign the papers and drive it right off?

Inspect it inside and out for fit and finish?

Test drive it first? Think they'll even let you? And if they do, are you going to want to punch it on an engine that's straight off the truck?

Personally, for my $32k, I'm going to want to make sure the car is everything they say it's going to be...
Old 05-12-2002, 08:22 PM
RainmanZ

I plan to take the day off ..... and catch the wind. Sure, I will test her out and do the usual inspection. After all, great car, open road ,and my lovely wife, what more could I need. ( Maybe good weather ? ) It's going to be a great day for sure.

Old 05-12-2002, 10:36 PM
brackethead

I really want to be there when the truck arrives! I'll hang around while they do dealer prep. I'll give the dealer a list of do's and don'ts -- do wash it, don't wax it, don't put on any stickers or affix any logos, don't drive it anywhere except from the truck to the prep area, etc. I will take it for a test drive before signing the final papers, but won't floor it or redline it.

And then it's sign on the dotted line, and have a GREAT day!
Old 05-12-2002, 11:45 PM
BILZ Z

Default Visit to Japan

I love this car so much that, if I had the chance, I'd fly (free air miles) to Japan and watch it being built. THAT would be sooo cool.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:35 AM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Unfortunately, I'll still be waiting for awhile when my Z arrives.

My dealership is 2000 miles from my house. I am arranging for a covered car transport to bring her 2000 miles back towards Japan.

Patience is a virtue, someone once said!
Old 05-13-2002, 01:22 AM
Zmeflyby

when my car arrives, i'm gonna take a day off and drive it around if the weather is good. if the weather is not good, take it home and sleep with it..haha
Old 05-13-2002, 01:22 AM
john0213

my order sheet say that subject to test drive when arrive, so i 'm pretty sure i 'm going to test drive it, but not going to being hard on her.
Old 05-15-2002, 06:24 AM
mongoZ

Assuming that the whole dealership process goes through smoothly, I'll go cruising for about 6 hours. . . . .What a showoff! hahaha
Old 05-15-2002, 06:49 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Yep, definitely take the day off and celerbate my Z arrival! Gonna drive to Galveston and enjoy the wind!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:01 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Z arrival

I can hardly wait for that day..probably take the day off and drive that car, probably get lost going home or take the long way home....maybe even plan a roadtrip from the dealership..god I hope it is daylight and sunny and in august. I am still waiting very inpatiently for my Z
Old 05-15-2002, 03:34 PM
Z CRAZY
Charter Member #67

I'm gonna try to get lost on the way home and see if the NAV really works all that great!

I hope to watch it come off the truck.
Old 05-15-2002, 03:38 PM
pekkle
Charter Member #20

anyone interested in drafting a list of instructions that we can all give to our dealers for delivery-day procedure? i just think it would be cool if all of us could all give our dealers the same set of directions to follow -- would probably lessen the bad stories come delivery time. you know, make our own protocol for Z delivery. i remember someone who posted at zcar had a whole list of checkpoints.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:11 PM
MP350Z

I have already arranged at work to take a couple of days off when it arrives unless it is on a Friday in which case I will just take Fri. off since I have the weekend. I will inspect the car and then test drive it but I will take it easy. It was on my buyers contract that no logos, stickers or emblems will be added on the car and no license plate fram will be mounted onto the front bumper. Lots of cruising over the next couple of days. How long is that break in period supposed to last??
Old 05-15-2002, 05:48 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Since my dealer is only about 10 minutes from my house, I'll be driving by there regularly once I hear the car is coming in. I work in sales and make my own schedule, so I'll be clearing my calendar for a few days after I get the Z.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:21 PM
silverz

I am picking my new Z car in Cleveland. Then I will drive it for about 8 hours on my way home to Charlotte, NC. Hopefully it will be bright and sunny. It'll be a blast driving it through the mountains of Virginia & West Virginia. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!! Later dayzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:44 PM
infinite z

Default Why no wax?

I'm also very curious to see a list of Do's and Don'ts. I'm especially interested why you wouldn't want the dealer to wax it for you? When I bought my last car, it was waxed, and boy did it look purty! What kind of decals would they be putting on? I definitely don't want any big ugly dealership logo on my Z.

Since I have no idea when mine will be in, I'm hoping my boss will let me leave for the day when it comes in, if I promise to drive back by and show it off
Old 05-16-2002, 12:28 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I've always heard that new paint shouldn't be waxed for like 3 months or something like that (I have no idea why). Another reason I could think of would be if the new owner wanted to use only a specific type of wax product and not what the dealer may put on. As for the decals, dealers often stick them on the back hatch or bumper to advertize their dealership.
Old 05-16-2002, 03:05 AM
Zay

The dealership I ordered from is about an hour away and all highway. If the car comes in during the week I'll probably take the day off. I'll certainly give the car a good inspection and make sure that there are no dealership stickers or badges on the car (Note to self... tell salesman no stickers or badges on my car). Take a good test drive to test the horses, do the paperwork and ease on down the road with a big *** grin on my face! Can't wait!

Quick Reply: What are you gonna do when it's time?