Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone have any plans on making their 350 a show car

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 06:28 AM
imntcrzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any plans on making their 350 a show car

Just wondering if anyone is already planning to make their 350's into show cars? If so what are some of your plans? ( I'm not asking you to give away your trade secrets.... just rough plans)

MY plans (depending on cash-flow)

Upgrade stereo: for sq
3 way system up front
2 11" subs in custom fiberglass enclosure
High grade electronics
multimedia system w/ possible on board pc

Brembo Big Brakes

some sort of FI kit

conservative aero kit

custom interior.

this probably wont win shows but atleast its my own Z made my way
Old 07-16-2002, 04:14 PM
AutoXJunkie

Hey man, you have very certainly won my respect for being upfront about building a show car. These days too many guys out there who build kickass show cars delude themselves into thinking their show car is some sort of street legal (ahem) "race car". I love show cars from all eras, and completely respect show as a valid and worthy subset of the car culture.

That being said, it sounds like you're planning a classy one. Be sure to post pix of your progress when you get your car!
Old 07-16-2002, 05:03 PM
mdouvris

Default Paint

Yea..Keep us posted! I would love to see a nice Z show car. Are you going to get it repainted?
Old 07-16-2002, 05:56 PM
rai

does the term show car mean you don't plan on driving it too much? that is only for show no go? just curious.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:07 PM
nizl

Default Re: Anyone have any plans on making their 350 a show car

Originally posted by imntcrzy
Upgrade stereo: for sq
3 way system up front
2 11" subs in custom fiberglass enclosure
High grade electronics
multimedia system w/ possible on board pc
I'm not going to try and show mine, but I'm going to definitely be pimping out the audio hardcore.

I can't decide whether to go 2-way comps in stock locations, or 3-way w/ the midbass in the door, and then the mid and tweeter in kick panels.

I'm probably just going with a single JL 12W7, mounted in a custom fiberglass enclosure molded into the spare tire well. If I get a flat I'll call AAA.

I also can't decide what to do about the fiberglass, painted or carpeted.

What are you thinking?
Old 07-16-2002, 08:16 PM
3rdpower

I hate adding a buncha audiophile stuff to cars with the likes of boxes and that sortah junk. I think the Bose will suit me well for now and I'll most likely get an upgrade a lil l8tr on when I really need it. I'd probably take all the Bose stuff out and settle for alpine and JL throughout. Body kit? Maybe, but most likely not.
Rims, yes. Bigger brakes? Personally don't see a need, maybe when I replace the stocks for the first time yes. Light window tint, yes. Wheels and rims will most likely be my first modifcation.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:04 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Sounds good -- just please please please no strobe lights.

Like said above, classy is the way to go!
Old 07-16-2002, 09:05 PM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

I'll never call my car a total show car but I'll definitely have it at all the major shows in the area and some reginional shows like Carlisle, NOPI Atlanta, etc.... My plans for my Z are stereo (including fiberglass/carbonfiber enclosure), custom leather, wheels, and various other sutle details that I'll figure out after I get the car.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:49 PM
AutoXJunkie

Originally posted by rai
does the term show car mean you don't plan on driving it too much? that is only for show no go? just curious.
Not neccessarily, just that appearance is the primary consideration when modifying the car. As in, if it looks really nice, but is heavy and makes the car a little slower, that's okay. Some showcar guys do amazing things, like this:
Old 07-16-2002, 10:27 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Plus you improve your odds at getting some decent sponsors (at the cost of having to sticker up your ride)

I wouldn't mind getting sponsored by NISMO =)
Old 07-17-2002, 12:31 AM
rai

Originally posted by AutoXJunkie

Not neccessarily, just that appearance is the primary consideration when modifying the car. As in, if it looks really nice, but is heavy and makes the car a little slower, that's okay. Some showcar guys do amazing things, like this:

um.. do you think that bmw looks really nice, or were you just joking?

I had to laugh that looks like crap. please don't do that to your Z or else I'm going to hunt you down and laugh at you.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:52 AM
john0213

Originally posted by AutoXJunkie

doing that cause u a sh$t load of money man, that's not only heavy, but very fast!! my friend got the magazine, it says that the interior and the engine is heavily moded!!~

Last edited by john0213; 07-17-2002 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:13 AM
imntcrzy

As far as paint I go with daytona blue, then I will just make it a deeper candy blue.

For the stereo I will probably go 3 way if it looks good. ( notice how the door panels have so much space for speakers) I probably will go with 6.5" mid-bass drivers, 4" vocals, and ribbon tweets. As for the subs I will use Focal 27vx and will try to show off the drivers through plexi.

Most likely I won't be pushing for sponsorship. Nothing against sponsors but I don't want people telling me what parts to put on my 350. (although HKS and Nismo would be nice sponsors, but what are the chances of that)
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have any plans on making their 350 a show car-focalspeaker.jpg  
Old 07-17-2002, 01:35 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm definitely going to keep my Z bone-stock. All paperwork, etc, will be filed away for posterity, too. I have no plans of ever selling this car, but I want to keep it totally stock. For some reason, I can see these cars holding their value for quite some time (and what's more desireable to a collector than an all-original specimen?)
Old 07-17-2002, 01:39 AM
nizl

Originally posted by imntcrzy
As for the subs I will use Focal 27vx and will try to show off the drivers through plexi.
That's somewhat surprising for a sub - are you planning on Utopia 3-ways?

I haven't heard many raves about the Focal subs - mostly W7, IDMAX, Brahma, DD, etc.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:48 AM
imntcrzy

I like the tight bass of the focal subs... w/ enough power they sound great to me. Also I have 90% of my stereo already waiting to be installed (6.5" focal kevlar mid-bass , 4" focal mid-range, Infinity Emit tweeter, Xtant Amps). I know there nicer subs out there but I already own the subs and the rest of my gear is Focal.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:52 AM
LowFuel

I plan on doing some custom leather/alcantara on my seats, and a few minor performance tweaks, but thats about it. I'll replace the stereo too but no big woofers for me. I believe the stereo should be for my listening enjoyment, not all cars within 50 yards.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:45 AM
nizl

Originally posted by LowFuel
I believe the stereo should be for my listening enjoyment, not all cars within 50 yards.
Hey me too! F*ck all those ricers rolling down the street bumping their blown $39 Pioneer subs.

A nice sub can really add to the sound quality though... if you get a high-quality one it'll really add to the low-end musicality
Old 07-17-2002, 08:03 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

Originally posted by nizl

Hey me too! F*ck all those ricers rolling down the street bumping their blown $39 Pioneer subs.

A nice sub can really add to the sound quality though... if you get a high-quality one it'll really add to the low-end musicality
nizl has a point here. Not all of us audio geeks want to let everyone else know that we are driving by. Some high power amps are for sound quality and pure definition. We actually try hard not to disturb others with our stereos as I even go as far as turning my stereo down when coming to a stop.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:03 PM
thewoff

I'm still trying to figure out if a real sub will actually work in the space behind the driver. Anybody that's been in the car....can you tell me a guess on how much space is behind the passenger seat... I imagine it's the same for the driver, behind the panel. I want to do a 12W7 or a 10W7 behind the driver and then mount the amps in the spare tire well. That way I won't lose any of that precious space.

Quick Reply: Anyone have any plans on making their 350 a show car