2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z or s2000?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hardrock905
The poster said the S2000 could hang with a Z in a straight line, not the quarter mile. So, in real world driving, not the drag strip, the Z straight out kicks the Hondas *** in a straight line. Get up in the top end and forget about, the Z is gone.
"Looking at your tail lights until we get up to high highway speeds", lol. I happen to hit high highway speed in the Z quite often.
So.....the S2000 is a dog down low and peters out on the top end??? Wow, great car.
S2000 better than the Z in handling only as I have been saying.
So aparantly there is no such thing as a quarter mile race on the streets huh.

Its alright go ahead and be a fanboy

I guess all those people who get better times than you are just lying huh.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:38 PM
lxlHoTsAuSelxl

OKOKOK S is far superior then Z, now close this thread, the original poster flew to Mexico already and bought a NSX and now downing some corona's n tequila n smackin some latin booty
Old 12-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by lxlHoTsAuSelxl
OKOKOK S is far superior then Z, now close this thread, the original poster flew to Mexico already and bought a NSX and now downing some corona's n tequila n smackin some latin booty
No the S isn't FAR superior. It is simply better than the Z in certain aspect just as the Z is better in others.

However even when almost everyone else seems to be able to repsect both and realize that each have their strengths some seem to blinded by their small rear window to realize that
Old 12-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Paul55100

The poster said the S2000 could hang with a Z in a straight line, not the quarter mile.
Last time I checked, the quarter mile was in a straight line.

So, in real world driving, not the drag strip, the Z straight out kicks the Hondas *** in a straight line. Get up in the top end and forget about, the Z is gone.
"Looking at your tail lights until we get up to high highway speeds", lol. I happen to hit high highway speed in the Z quite often.
So.....the S2000 is a dog down low and peters out on the top end??? Wow, great car.
S2000 better than the Z in handling only as I have been saying.
So, now you're giving this "real world driving" (aka street racing) more credit than actually going to a track? Your posts are getting more and more ridiculous.

Yes, handling is better in the S. How about 0-60 times? How about braking distance? Transmission? Don't be so closed minded thinking your Z is some highway monster.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Paul55100

So, now you're giving this "real world driving" (aka street racing) more credit than actually going to a track? Your posts are getting more and more ridiculous.

Yes, handling is better in the S. How about 0-60 times? How about braking distance? Transmission? Don't be so closed minded thinking your Z is some highway monster.
Exactly. I will give credit where credit is due. I love my S2000 and my Z. I respect them both but the fact is the S does somethings better, then again it doesn't do somethings as well.

It is overall way more reliable,has the best gearbox,handles better and is arguable more fun.

However it does lack low end torque which means the Z is more managable in traffic. It also has way worse visibility with the top up than the Z coupe. The Z responds better to N/A mods and is cheaper to insure.

The S is hands down the only verte that can offer the same rigidity and performance than a coupe for under 50+. It is rarer and is built better.

Overall they are the best sports cars for the money the average person can afford. They are almost complete opposites when it comes to performance.

It just gets old when people try and say that because the S has a smaller displacement and less hp that it couldn't possibly be as fast or good as the Z
Old 12-18-2006, 07:24 PM
9kallDay

Originally Posted by Combat350z
Exactly. I will give credit where credit is due. I love my S2000 and my Z. I respect them both but the fact is the S does somethings better, then again it doesn't do somethings as well.

It is overall way more reliable,has the best gearbox,handles better and is arguable more fun.

However it does lack low end torque which means the Z is more managable in traffic. It also has way worse visibility with the top up than the Z coupe. The Z responds better to N/A mods and is cheaper to insure.

The S is hands down the only verte that can offer the same rigidity and performance than a coupe for under 50+. It is rarer and is built better.

Overall they are the best sports cars for the money the average person can afford. They are almost complete opposites when it comes to performance.

It just gets old when people try and say that because the S has a smaller displacement and less hp that it couldn't possibly be as fast or good as the Z

AMEN!!!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Combat350z
Banned

Originally Posted by 9kallDay
AMEN!!!
By your SN I take it you had an ap1 at one time
Old 12-19-2006, 06:27 AM
hardrock905

So aparantly there is no such thing as a quarter mile race on the streets huh.

Its alright go ahead and be a fanboy

I guess all those people who get better times than you are just lying huh.
Are you slow?
Again......the poster said nothing about 1/4 racing at all. Not at the track, not on the streets, nowhere.
He said "in a straight line". Do you understand?
What do you mean "all those people who get better times than you are just lying"?
I don't recall posting any quarter mile times?
And I am not a "fanboy" because I choose the Z over the S2000. If anyone is a "fanboy" it would have to be you.
I was trying to give credit where credit is due to the S2000, in the handling department. You on the other hand are so short sighted that you give the Z no credit at all.
So I will say again....The S2000 has no low end grunt and peters out on the top end. Lame, except for handling. And don't let me get going on comparing the looks of the two cars.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:29 AM
hardrock905

It sure is. The same could be true for 1 mile, 5 miles, etc.
When somebody simply states "in a straight line", and make no reference whatsoever to "1/4", screw on your little thinking cap and figure out what they are saying.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:31 AM
hardrock905

Ummmmm.......It is not as fast as the Z. Sorry if it gets old hearing it, but it is true.
"As good as the Z" in what way??
Old 12-19-2006, 08:38 AM
lxlHoTsAuSelxl

Two months later and 200+ post after, still preaching about Z's and S. Both car's are unique, this one has this but that one has that, this one is better at this but that one is better at another, we all know this, BOTH ARE GREAT CARS, now why are you folks still babbling on n on about S's. We don't need to hear about your thoughts with the z/s, we got your point 70 threads ago. Quarter mile wise, S wins, long run 350z wins, 240+ hp on a 4 cylinder by Honda stock? Yea we know, nothing can match up with that stock, it is a freakin motorcycle on for wheels but torqueless but that doesn't take anything away from this car, which car is more race ready? I'm not even going to comment on that or we'll see another 30 quotes-post from you. What is it with you and preaching on n on n on n on about the Z and the S. It was interesting at first but then it just got annoying hearing about the differences on the 2 cars 50 times and you thoughts on it 100 times an 101 post later, know what I meanCombat350z
Old 12-19-2006, 08:45 AM
streetracer

Originally Posted by lxlHoTsAuSelxl
Two months later and 200+ post after, still preaching about Z's and S. Both car's are unique, this one has this but that one has that, this one is better at this but that one is better at another, we all know this, BOTH ARE GREAT CARS, now why are you folks still babbling on n on about S's. We don't need to hear about your thoughts with the z/s, we got your point 70 threads ago. Quarter mile wise, S wins, long run 350z wins, 240+ hp on a 4 cylinder by Honda stock? Yea we know, nothing can match up with that stock, it is a freakin motorcycle on for wheels but torqueless but that doesn't take anything away from this car, which car is more race ready? I'm not even going to comment on that or we'll see another 30 quotes-post from you. What is it with you and preaching on n on n on n on about the Z and the S. It was interesting at first but then it just got annoying hearing about the differences on the 2 cars 50 times and you thoughts on it 100 times an 101 post later, know what I meanCombat350z
Why don't you just relax, noob, and mind your own business. Nobody asked for your information lacking opinion. Let us talk what we want, get it.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Paul55100

It sure is. The same could be true for 1 mile, 5 miles, etc.
When somebody simply states "in a straight line", and make no reference whatsoever to "1/4", screw on your little thinking cap and figure out what they are saying.
Talk to any gear head and talk to them about a "straight line" race. What do you think will pop into their head? A 5 mile race down I-5? THINK.

But just to clarify it for you--in a 1/4 mile, the S wins. If the race goes further, the Z wins.

Ummmmm.......It is not as fast as the Z. Sorry if it gets old hearing it, but it is true.
"As good as the Z" in what way??
As good, or better than the Z in road courses and auto-x. The Z is not even in the same class as the S2000 in auto-x. And let me say that the S2000 usually murders the AS class, while the Z struggles to keep up with E36 M3's and gets beat out pretty bad by RX-8's.

Also, depending on the road course, the results differ, but the S2000 still has the advantage, on the average. Why? The S2000 was built with more sport in mind than the Z. The Z is a nice car, but like others have said, it's more of a GT car than pure sport.

Let me make another assumption here. Tell me if this is pretty close. You bought a Z, love the car. However, you've never been anywhere near a track to see the real potential of the car, and actually compete it against other drivers that KNOW how to drive. Instead, you go racing around the streets, beat one car after another, constantly putting yourself and others in danger. Then you beat some kid in an S2000 that probably couldn't shift to save his life. Now you think all S2000's are slow and Z is be all end all. Does that about sum it up?

Do us all a favor and stop posting. You're giving Z owners a bad rep.

Last edited by Paul55100; 12-19-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:15 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I don't understand is the S2k and 350Z are capable of running a 13.6 stock, how does it make the S faster?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:19 AM
streetracer

13.6 is the exeption, not the rule in the Z.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:26 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by streetracer
13.6 is the exeption, not the rule in the Z.
So an S2k running 13.6 is the norm? I saw a few S2ks run in the 1/4 and they were no where near a 13.6.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:32 AM
streetracer

Originally Posted by blasian
So an S2k running 13.6 is the norm? I saw a few S2ks run in the 1/4 and they were no where near a 13.6.
I would not know, blasian, sorry. But if these guys say it is faster, I have no reason to doubt them. It is, after all, a more expensive machine, so no shame in that IMO.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:35 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by streetracer
I would not know, blasian, sorry. But if these guys say it is faster, I have no reason to doubt them. It is, after all, a more expensive machine, so no shame in that IMO.
I have no problem with the handling argument but I've seen plenty of Z's run 13s locally as compared to none in the S's. Thats why I was wondering how "normal" it was and how does it make the S faster in the 1/4.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:20 AM
hardrock905

Talk to any gear head and talk to them about a "straight line" race. What do you think will pop into their head? A 5 mile race down I-5? THINK.

But just to clarify it for you--in a 1/4 mile, the S wins. If the race goes further, the Z wins.

As good, or better than the Z in road courses and auto-x. The Z is not even in the same class as the S2000 in auto-x. And let me say that the S2000 usually murders the AS class, while the Z struggles to keep up with E36 M3's and gets beat out pretty bad by RX-8's.

Also, depending on the road course, the results differ, but the S2000 still has the advantage, on the average. Why? The S2000 was built with more sport in mind than the Z. The Z is a nice car, but like others have said, it's more of a GT car than pure sport.

Let me make another assumption here. Tell me if this is pretty close. You bought a Z, love the car. However, you've never been anywhere near a track to see the real potential of the car, and actually compete it against other drivers that KNOW how to drive. Instead, you go racing around the streets, beat one car after another, constantly putting yourself and others in danger. Then you beat some kid in an S2000 that probably couldn't shift to save his life. Now you think all S2000's are slow and Z is be all end all. Does that about sum it up?

Do us all a favor and stop posting. You're giving Z owners a bad rep.
I am giving Z owners a bap rep for pointing out the facts? How so.
It sounds like you are claiming every stock S2000 does a 13.6 1/4 mile with no problems. BS. There are stock Z's running that and even a little better more often than the S2K. So your faster in a straight line theory is pure BS.

Road courses and Auto X? Didn't I say four times at least now that the S2K outhandles the Z?

You people are ridiculous, I swear.

I try to give credit where credit is due.....the S2K outhandles the Z. But for some reason, I seem to keep getting crap over this statement? But I am the fanboy??? What a joke.

The S2K has better handling than the Z.
The S2K has very little torque and low end grunt.
The S2K peters out on the top end well before the Z.
The Z is faster in a straight line than the S2K.

Everything I am posting is true, but even tho you and most agree with a majority of what I am saying, you still feel the need to be vindictive.

Do me a favor and quit posting your BS. You are giving the S2K owners a bad name.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:23 AM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by blasian
I have no problem with the handling argument but I've seen plenty of Z's run 13s locally as compared to none in the S's. Thats why I was wondering how "normal" it was and how does it make the S faster in the 1/4.
No doubt. Somebody sees one S2K run a 13.6 and suddenly that's the norm. What a damn joke.
The S that ran a 13.6 may very well have been modified.

Quick Reply: 350z or s2000?