Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z causing fatal crash in Delaware!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 04:10 AM
WalkerT
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guy guys are asking someone to face a firing squad. Good luck. Human nature is protect your self. Who is at fault is up to the cops. What if the saturn was doing a ricer fly by? You know when you are rideing in your z and some punk thinks it is cool to blow by you at 100+ to prove somthing. Then should the z diver fry?? Do you know the z's speed? You know the staturns speed by the impact. So to pass jugment befor the facts is not what this country is based on. Get you story straight then pass judgment. You want him dead for something you know nothing about sounds like you should live some where eles.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:21 AM
savvy

Originally Posted by walkert
Guy guys are asking someone to face a firing squad. Good luck. Human nature is protect your self. Who is at fault is up to the cops. What if the saturn was doing a ricer fly by? You know when you are rideing in your z and some punk thinks it is cool to blow by you at 100+ to prove somthing. Then should the z diver fry?? Do you know the z's speed? You know the staturns speed by the impact. So to pass jugment befor the facts is not what this country is based on. Get you story straight then pass judgment. You want him dead for something you know nothing about sounds like you should live some where eles.

+1 its possible that the Z may not have even been racing. Cops won't care either way though. An old lady got killed now it will be a witch hunt to get somebody to make an example of.

-savvy- (hates our legal system with a passion)
Old 11-13-2006, 04:37 AM
Xx SiFaKa

Originally Posted by savvy
+1 its possible that the Z may not have even been racing. Cops won't care either way though. An old lady got killed now it will be a witch hunt to get somebody to make an example of.

-savvy- (hates our legal system with a passion)
Some **** just isn't fair, but we don't know both sides of the story yet. If he really was innocent then maybe he should just turn his self in and tell the story to the police.

Then again he could be scared that they won't believe him and screw his life up so maybe he should keep his self hidden for his sake?
Old 11-13-2006, 04:50 AM
Z_rican

Why even race a Saturn???
Old 11-13-2006, 05:29 AM
Trauma

The true tragedy of this is the fact that a Saturn Ion was involved.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:47 AM
sanf

"We've had drag racing problems in the past on Elkton Road," he said. A year ago, state, city and county police were doing patrols on Elkton Road close to the Maryland line to try to stop it, he said, "but that was late at night. That's usually when we had the problem."

that's the real problem, they knew about this. All they had to do is install a few speed bumps, I am sure only the "street racers" would be pissed about that...
Old 11-13-2006, 05:59 AM
zownz

How does anybody know that the 350z driver was racing? He could have just been driving by and a ricer with an ION tried to race? Be honest guys, how many times does one drive down the street and someone will just freakin slam on the gas and do a fly by. Just so they can show how loud their car is and how it doesnt go anywhere. That aside, the 350z driver can be linked to a chain of cause. But all he has to say is " I was scared, and i went home i didnt want to be a suspect". No evidence, no case.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:02 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by walkert
Originally Posted by zownz
How does anybody know that the 350z driver was racing? He could have just been driving by and a ricer with an ION tried to race? Be honest guys, how many times does one drive down the street and someone will just freakin slam on the gas and do a fly by. Just so they can show how loud their car is and how it doesnt go anywhere. That aside, the 350z driver can be linked to a chain of cause. But all he has to say is " I was scared, and i went home i didnt want to be a suspect". No evidence, no case.
If the Z driver is just an innocent bystander in all this as you propose, why didn't he stop to help? The fact that he ran implies that HE felt he was guilty. Consider it a confession.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:22 AM
savvy

maybe the Z was in front and didn't even see the accident (notlikely but hey you never know right) He especially should have been in front by alot if it was in fact a race
Old 11-13-2006, 06:44 AM
Xoulrath

Originally Posted by kcobean
If the Z driver is just an innocent bystander in all this as you propose, why didn't he stop to help? The fact that he ran implies that HE felt he was guilty. Consider it a confession.
Apparently, you have never had to deal with police in a "real-world" situation. Like someone else already said, even if the Z driver wasn't involved (ricer fly-by, perhaps), he would be accused without any real proof whatsoever, and the fact that an elderly woman (who probably couldn't drive for crap anyway) died, they would make an example out of him.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your argument. In a perfect world, then I fully agree with you. However, we don't live in a perfect world. I love this country, but our legal system (regardless of it's "innocent until proven guilty" stance) is a joke.

Trust me, I am going through something with my daughter right now with the juvenile court. I don't really know what I am at liberty to discuss, so I won't give any details. Basically, a child died (my daughter's half-brother), DFCS removed the children from the home, and I have been treated like a criminal through all of this. The judge, after hearing some evidence this past Friday in court, still seems to think my litle girl is wanting to live with her mother. Despite all the evidence that my daughter would be safer with me, despite the fact that the many, many people I have had to meet with (DFCS, CASA, councelors, guardian ad litem, etc.) have all said my daughter needs to be placed with me, this judge still seems to think that children belong with their mothers.

I'm sorry that a woman died, and I fully believe if this Z driver was racing, he needs to turn himself in. If he wasn't, I wouldn't bother, because he will be screwed.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:52 AM
savvy

i hope everything works out for you man. I fully agree that our legal system is a joke, and I love even more knowing that my tax dollars are going toward making good people jump through hoops and still getting the shaft in the end
Old 11-13-2006, 07:11 AM
bdahern

Originally Posted by sanf
"We've had drag racing problems in the past on Elkton Road," he said. A year ago, state, city and county police were doing patrols on Elkton Road close to the Maryland line to try to stop it, he said, "but that was late at night. That's usually when we had the problem."

that's the real problem, they knew about this. All they had to do is install a few speed bumps, I am sure only the "street racers" would be pissed about that...
Elkton Road is a 4 lane road - speed bumps? The speed limit goes from 25 or 35 in Newark to 45 once you get out of the city limits - I don't think speed bumps are an option.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:19 AM
savvy

I have seen so many near accidents and just outright ridiculous driving moves made by old people. Not that what happened was this old lady's fault....but i wouldn't rule that out.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:33 AM
bonusfrag

Some of the responses are simply obsurd. The notion that the Z is a more superior car to the Ion, and therefore its pointless for a Z to race it, and thus the Z was not racing so he's not not fault is completely bogus 17-year-old logic. The sad reality is that Z owners are just like everyone else. We have responsible ones, and we have douchebags. We don't know which category he/she belongs in yet. But it's fairly safe to say that "Responsibility" is not the persons middlename.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:36 AM
03BrickyardZ

Keep the racing on the track!!!

I used to drive an 81 mercedes. Those bad boys are tanks. To shear one IN HALF would take one massive impact. Even if it was a secondary contact with a telephone pole. (The mercedes would have to have obtained some major momentum from the initial impact.)

I cant believe that no-one has mentioned the Ion driver. He only had minor injuries and will probably face a vehicular homicide charge. I hope he rots. As for the 350Z driver, it might have or might have not been his (or her) fault. It could have been a fly by. But I doubt it. Even if the guy gets caught, he might walk. The only thing that sounds like it can be proven is leaving the scene of an accident. Boo. What we need is some good, old fashioned, vigilante justice.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:43 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by Xoulrath
Apparently, you have never had to deal with police in a "real-world" situation. Like someone else already said, even if the Z driver wasn't involved (ricer fly-by, perhaps), he would be accused without any real proof whatsoever, and the fact that an elderly woman (who probably couldn't drive for crap anyway) died, they would make an example out of him.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your argument. In a perfect world, then I fully agree with you. However, we don't live in a perfect world. I love this country, but our legal system (regardless of it's "innocent until proven guilty" stance) is a joke.

Trust me, I am going through something with my daughter right now with the juvenile court. I don't really know what I am at liberty to discuss, so I won't give any details. Basically, a child died (my daughter's half-brother), DFCS removed the children from the home, and I have been treated like a criminal through all of this. The judge, after hearing some evidence this past Friday in court, still seems to think my litle girl is wanting to live with her mother. Despite all the evidence that my daughter would be safer with me, despite the fact that the many, many people I have had to meet with (DFCS, CASA, councelors, guardian ad litem, etc.) have all said my daughter needs to be placed with me, this judge still seems to think that children belong with their mothers.

I'm sorry that a woman died, and I fully believe if this Z driver was racing, he needs to turn himself in. If he wasn't, I wouldn't bother, because he will be screwed.

He had to assume that a) the Saturn driver was going to survive the accident, and b) there may have been other witnesses to the accident who would be able to account for his actions. If he wasn't guilty, the best thing to do would be not to cast the GIANT shadow of doubt over his innocence by fleeing the scene. The partial license plate ID probably came from the Saturn driver. The fact that the Saturn driver brought the Z up implies that they were racing. If it was just a non-race related accident, the Z would never have come up.

Your situation obviously has you spooked of the legal system and that's totally understandable, but this situation would be like you putting make-up on your childs bruises that were inflicted by the mother in front of other people. The fact that you're "covering it up" makes you look very shady, even though you technically did nothing wrong.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:48 AM
1FlyZ

I want to know why a Z was racing an ION to begin with? seriously!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:00 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by 1FlyZ
I want to know why a Z was racing an ION to begin with? seriously!
I bet vette driver's ask the same of Z's.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:19 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ignorance of some of you makes me laugh while it concerns me. I sincerely hope your name isn't mentioned in the next fatal street racing news.

EVERY driver in a street race is responsible for the consequences. Which one ends up actually crashing is besides the point.

And to those who believe the old lady made an "unsafe" turn, I say this: How many of you have seen an approaching car at 100mph from a stationary position? Granted we are not informed of the speeds in this race, but humor me for a second. How can anyone taking a quick glance before turning onto a road have any idea that the bright blimp far away from them is closing in at a rate 2-3 times what they expect based on the speed limit?

I wish every street racer paused for a second to ponder the gravity of a vehicular homicide charge, before mashing in the gas pedal. Being jailed for a good part of one's life is seriously uncool.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:29 AM
zownz

Originally Posted by kcobean
He had to assume that a) the Saturn driver was going to survive the accident, and b) there may have been other witnesses to the accident who would be able to account for his actions. If he wasn't guilty, the best thing to do would be not to cast the GIANT shadow of doubt over his innocence by fleeing the scene. The partial license plate ID probably came from the Saturn driver. The fact that the Saturn driver brought the Z up implies that they were racing. If it was just a non-race related accident, the Z would never have come up.

Your situation obviously has you spooked of the legal system and that's totally understandable, but this situation would be like you putting make-up on your childs bruises that were inflicted by the mother in front of other people. The fact that you're "covering it up" makes you look very shady, even though you technically did nothing wrong.

I see your point and I agree with you a 100%. But being in the situations that I have been. At the wrong place at the wrong time, and pay the price that I had to, I wouldnt stop for help. It may sound selfish, but all I'd do is call the 911 and report the accident and get tha hell away from there. For example, I witnessed an accident before, and I ran out of the car and pulled out guys out of a smoking car. For a minute i felt like did something great, but once the police came and ambulance, they started asking me a million questions, and one of the guys i pulled out of a car tried to blame me for bruised ribs!..Apparantly i grabbed him to hard. But whatever, I wont ever do that again. Im gonna call for help, and mind my own business.

Quick Reply: 350z causing fatal crash in Delaware!