2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z causing fatal crash in Delaware!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Silkk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Devil's advocate:

A Nissan 350Z was speeding (like almost everyone does one time or another) but not racing. Some punk in a Saturn ION decides to do a fly by to pass him on the right to "represent", elderly lady enters, ION hits the elderly lady's car.

Now should the Nissan 350Z be charge for speeding or for street racing?

Just imagine you were just doing 15 over the speed limit, and some punk does a fly by and then causes an accident and everyone now is out to get you for street racing... I think you would pretty much sh|t your pants and wonder if they would believe your story if you turn yourself in.

Innocent before proven guilty.
If you read my post, you'll know my thoughts on this. Driving 15 over is normal most places. It won't get you reported for erratic driving or racing. I think, in this case, it's more likely the majority were doing 15 over (55 in the 40) and the Z was doing 30-35 over and this is why he got reported.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:54 AM
stein

Devil's advocate:
Isn't it "Guilty until proven innocent"

OT; without knowing all the facts we'll never know if the z was racing or not.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:59 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was off by a word, "Innocent until proven guilty"

You on the other hand... that would be a scary North America if it was "Guilty until proven innocent"

Originally Posted by stein
Isn't it "Guilty until proven innocent"

OT; without knowing all the facts we'll never know if the z was racing or not.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:05 PM
stein

Some of the replies in this thread are not far off from "Guilty until proven innocent" Some have convicted the z driver and don't even have the whole story.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:15 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by stein
Some of the replies in this thread are not far off from "Guilty until proven innocent" Some have convicted the z driver and don't even have the whole story.
Uhm, am I forgetting something or did the Z driver, uhm, cough, cough leave the SCENE of an accident.

That my friend is a crime in ITSELF! You people amaze me!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Silkk

Noone will ever have whole story. The old lady is dead, the ION driver is in the hospital and isn't going to admit to racing, and the Z driver ran.

All I'm basing my "conviction" of the Z driver out of (not that I'd want vehicular homicide charges on the Z guy [ION driver yes] anyway but at least something [leaving the scene, etc.]) is logical, common sense...

You don't get reported to the police for driving like a nitwit unless you actually are; end of story.

Let's just say I've had an "experience" where someone was reported for "eratic" driving after riding closely to someone's rearend and then passing 3 cars in a 45mph zone (at 85mph or so?). Luckily noone was hurt in this scenario (nor was it really as dangerous as it sounds [11PM, 55mph zone with lead car in pack travelling 10 under the limit, long passing zone for the Z], but you know when you do something questionable and this "call-in" is possible. Just as the fleeing Z driver in the story above knew it was a possible and is $hitting himself right now.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Black Duck

Sorry to post this in the street racing section but imo there should not even be one on this forum. I also apologize as other people have already made some of these comments.

My wife and her friend were hit by a car on a crosswalk at 30mph. Both eventually recovered and were ok. Imagine hitting someone at 60,70,80 mph. Imagine the families of victims of such "street races".

Had a guy trying to race me in a 25 zone the other evening. I ignored him and, interestingly enough, as we were going round a gradual bend, a car pulled out in front of us. I couldnt help but wonder what would have happened if I had taken him up on his race.

Endangering other peoples lives on a public road for the "fun" of racing another person is selfish. Period. It takes a bigger person to back down when challenged by a froob to race him down a street especially in a built up area IMO. Take it to the track.

Last edited by Black Duck; 11-13-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Mewantbfp

Originally Posted by zand02max
Uhm, am I forgetting something or did the Z driver, uhm, cough, cough leave the SCENE of an accident.

Like everyone else said what of he wasnt racing the ION, and the ION was just doing a fly-by? if thats the case then there would no reason for him to stop at the scene of an accident as he had no part in it. I have seen plenty of people get into accidents while driving by but that doesnt mean i was involved in anyway and in most cases if im going to work or school i wont stop. The Z could have easily been driving and just watched all this happen while at the same time going holy **** and never stopping. He could have also been racing and have caused the accident. The only thing we know is no matter what we cant guarantee he was actually involved or at fault in anyway. And at this point it makes sense that he wouldnt come forward as he's probably scared to death that no matter what he says he will be in trouble.

Im not defending him or the actions of street racers im just agreeing that we cant place blame without knowing the whole story.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:34 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by widebody350
If he does not...oh well note the age? You don't know why or what caused him to run into a parked car so you can't go saying that. And so what if he is 19? That makes it much better if he dies, right? I'm 19 does that mean that myself and any other 19 year old who for whatever reason gets in a car accident is more deserving of death than you? I look forward to your next post as your last few have been interesting, especially the one about murder charges and street racers being more dangerous than gangs. lol no offense
I am not saying that I am any less deserving. I am saying that if someone is street racing or testing how fast they can go in their car and they get in an accident, then I am not feeling sorry for them if they die as a result of it. Are you saying that street racing is ok?

On the murder issue, I suppose homicide it is the more correct way to say it. Either way, it is someone causing death to another through negligence. This is the definition of "death by street racing" to me. It is homicide.

On the gang issue. I am more likely to be caught up in the middle of two or more people street racing than I am in the middle of gang fighting. That is my point there.

As far as age, I would be willing to bet that street racers fall into a lower age group than the non-street racing people.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:39 PM
stein

The person in the Z, if it was a Z, may not have seen what happened, "We don't know" We don't have all the facts!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:51 PM
widebody350

I stated that I do not condone street racing. If that is the case then why did you buy a Z? Why didn't you buy an Oldsmobile or Buick? What is the point of owning a Z and paying all the extra insurance and other little things if you are not going to enjoy your sports car? You've never opened your car up at all then I suppose? By this I do not mean driving at traffic at 120 but we all know that we have opened it up or taken a corner at speed.So everyone n this forum that has opened their car up on the street could die and oh well right? As far as street racing being more likely to end your life than gang activity, I would like to see how you figure that.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:00 PM
IndustrialDuane

Devil's advocate:

A Nissan 350Z was speeding (like almost everyone does one time or another) but not racing. Some punk in a Saturn ION decides to do a fly by to pass him on the right to "represent", elderly lady enters, ION hits the elderly lady's car.

Now should the Nissan 350Z be charge for speeding or for street racing?

Just imagine you were just doing 15 over the speed limit, and some punk does a fly by and then causes an accident and everyone now is out to get you for street racing... I think you would pretty much sh|t your pants and wonder if they would believe your story if you turn yourself in.

no they were street racing, i actually just found out from a couple friends that were down in newark the night of the accident, they said the 350z and ion were in the parking lot of a local pizza shop in newark shoping center, from what i got so far the guy with the ion kept poking fun at the z, and wanted to see what the stock 350z had, so they went down elkton md road and ran, then the accident occured. from what i know the 350z was new in the area and really hadn't been around that much, i konw i never saw him, but the ion is apparetntly someones friend from the Delwarestreetracing.com crew! damn kids dont they know to run at the track or late at night not 9pm!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:01 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by IndustrialDuane
no they were street racing, i actually just found out from a couple friends that were down in newark the night of the accident, they said the 350z and ion were in the parking lot of a local pizza shop in newark shoping center, from what i got so far the guy with the ion kept poking fun at the z, and wanted to see what the stock 350z had, so they went down elkton md road and ran, then the accident occured. from what i know the 350z was new in the area and really hadn't been around that much, i konw i never saw him, but the ion is apparetntly someones friend from the Delwarestreetracing.com crew! damn kids dont they know to run at the track or late at night not 9pm!
Like I said before, now we have the facts. Hope the guy FRIES once again!

No sympathy, None, zilch, zero, NADA!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:06 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by widebody350
I stated that I do not condone street racing. If that is the case then why did you buy a Z? Why didn't you buy an Oldsmobile or Buick? What is the point of owning a Z and paying all the extra insurance and other little things if you are not going to enjoy your sports car? You've never opened your car up at all then I suppose? By this I do not mean driving at traffic at 120 but we all know that we have opened it up or taken a corner at speed.So everyone n this forum that has opened their car up on the street could die and oh well right? As far as street racing being more likely to end your life than gang activity, I would like to see how you figure that.

What you are stating is not street racing. There is a big difference between sprited driving and street racing. I also pay $50 more for my 06 over 6 months than I did my 96 Maxima. If I want to race, I will go to a track. Enjoying your car and putting others at risk are two different things. Maybe the problem is not that bad where you are from, but if you come down here, you would understand it is very bad. If you drive like a maniac and kill yourself, I would not feel sorry for you, no. If you are street racing and that happened, I would probably say something like "he had it coming". At your age, I can understand your desire to street race and drive in a manner that is unsafe. When you grow up, you will look back and say "My god, it is a miracle I am alive and did not kill anyone along the way". Are you also saying that owning a sports car gives you the right to drive like a maniac and that someone in an Oldsmobile just better get out of the way so you can enjoy your car? The funniest thing is that I see Lambos and Ferraris and not a single one has ever been as dangerous as some of these EVOS and Civics. It's just called maturity. Eventually, you will get there.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:09 PM
dbasal

No sympathy, None, zilch, zero, NADA!
+1

You ever notice that the innocent ones die? It's a shame it can't be the other way around. I don't really care if they kill themselves.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:12 PM
hardrock905

Yep. You read a post on the internet from IndustrialDwayne about what he heard from somebody else.
Sounds like concrete evidence to me.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:20 PM
widebody350

That was actually in response to your talking about testing the car out. Oh and you are d**n right that Oldsmobile had better get out of my way when I'm in the left doing 75 or 80 and it's doing 55 or 60. "The funniest thing is that I see Lambos and Ferraris and not a single one has ever been as dangerous as some of these EVOS and Civics. It's just called maturity." You should relay that to Stefan Eriksson and the Mercedes SLR he was racing. BTW don't generalize all Ferarri owners as old b/c I'll have an F355 in about a year or so, not to mention one of my friends has a Murci and he's like 30.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:23 PM
trentor

Originally Posted by IndustrialDuane
this doesn't add up. the article states 9AM. so there was no "night" of the accident. also, there are pictures of the Benz in the article, and it's very obviously bright daylight, so that rules out the possibility of a typo. sorry, but either you or your friends are lying.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:26 PM
azn_speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would you even race a saturn hmmmm....
Old 11-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Meguiars VW

Default Sorry

Am sorry to hear this.

Pray

Quick Reply: 350z causing fatal crash in Delaware!