Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

CONFIRMED..Nav-No touch screen, no dvd movies.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 03:39 AM
InternetABYSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CONFIRMED..Nav-No touch screen, no dvd movies.

that kinda sucks about the touch screen...

Post from Zdriver.com from a writer at sport Z mag.

Yuichi (SuperMan Junior)
07/14/02 12:12 AM

Hiya all,

I got to check and look at the 350Z Navigation system, and must say that if any of you guys are considering this option GET IT!!!

This system is so cool, and for those of you who have a bad sense of direction this is definetly for you! For those of you who hate to admit your lost, you'll never get lost with this Navigation system opition.

All you do is enter the address you want to go to, or the business name, and it will bring it up. Also the computer program does a process of elimination.

If your veer ofcourse the program will go ahead and give you a new set of directions.

This set up is so cool I'm going to have to get it and once you see it you can't live without it so just a recommendation for everyone

zya!
Yuichi

His reply to something I said.

Yuichi (SuperMan Junior)
07/16/02 10:00 AM

I would have to agree with internetabyss here. Its a clean set up and has a joystick set up in there for video games (heheh just kidding). I wish it was touch screen. I was told this is one of the most advanced navigation systems out there.

Also you cannot play DVD's on it. It has been tried, the thing has the DVD stamp on it, I wonder why you can't play DVD's on it. There's gotta be a crack for that... But I bet Nissan did it so that your not distracted watching DVD's while driving?

Also this DVD announces when to make a turn etc.. etc.. turns down your stereo a little to say turn left .5 miles or something like that

zya
Yuichi
Old 07-17-2002, 06:28 AM
Todd

Dude, it has been confirmed multiple times on here that it is a touch-screen. Here is the description right off Nissan's website:

Nissan Navigation System
The Nissan Navigation System (NAVI) uses data received from Global Positioning System (GPS) satellites, as well as its own internal guidance system, to precisely pinpoint the location and velocity of the vehicle. Using a touch-screen display mounted in the center of the instrument panel, the driver inputs a desired destination and NAVI can direct the driver to any business or residential address within its area of coverage through clear, easy-to-follow and visual instructions. The Point-of-Interest database can find places such as ATMs, gas stations, restaurants, or hospitals. The three-dimensional Birdview screen displays a view from above, looking down on the vehicle like a bird in flight.

This is a factory-installed option. Never program while driving. Requires accurate GPS service to be available and operating for features to function properly. Mapping may not be detailed in all areas. Some Nissan dealers may not appear on the current mapping system. Periodic updates to the DVD will be available at additional cost. See your Nissan dealer for details. BirdView is a trademark of Xanavi Corporation.

I'm certainly not going to take the word of some guy who thinks Nissan is actually going to put a DVD movie player in this car from the factory.....

Last edited by Todd; 07-17-2002 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:42 AM
InternetABYSS

todd its weird that a sports Z mag writer would post that he played with the nav for along time and did a review but.....his and only his 350z was joy stick only.....or he says it didnt have touch screen because his fingers are so weird that it wont allow the touch screen for him to work.....

or maybe it we the charcoal interior that looked frost that messed up the touch screen on his test car.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:49 AM
Todd

Or maybe he was playing around with that mysterious cassette player that doesn't exist....

Come on man, everything that Nissan has told us from the begining on this car has come true. There have been all kinds of rumors and misinformation flying around, but it turns out Nissan was telling us the truth from the beginning. When I get mine, I'll touch the screen (even though I hope it doesn't get fingerprints as easily as the one in my Acura), you can choose not to if you'd like.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:06 AM
InternetABYSS

Default MAN you dont know how RIGHT I AM!

Ok TODD im getting sick of you saying im wrong about the cassette not being in the touring.....they had it in and listed on the nissan website...then they took it out...then they put it back in.....

HERE IS THE PROOF

OPEN UP TO YOU Z BROCHURE LOOK AT THE CENTERFOLD

WHAT CAR DOES IT SAY IN THE CORNER?
IT SAYS TOURING MODEL SHOWN

SEE THE LEATHER SEATS....WELL TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT THE STEREO......HMMMMMMMMMMMMM ..........................................................LE TS.....SEE...........NO....CASSETTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK ON CHOOSE THE MODELS PAGE ON THE SAME BROCHURE TELL ME WHERE IT SAYS CASSETTE ON THERE!!!!!!

IT DOESNT....SIMPLE FACT...THE BROCHURE PICS DISPLAYED A CAR THAT MY SOURCES SAW....IT DIDNT HAVE A CASSETTE SO THATS WHAT THEY TOLD ME....SO THATS WHAT I SAID!!!!

IF MY SCANNER WORKED I'D POST ALL THE PICS AND CIRCLE IT FOR U.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:09 AM
InternetABYSS

OH BY THE WAY.......THE WEBSITE IS OFFICAL YES YOUR CORRECT.....SO IS THE BROCHURE AND THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THE BROCHURE UNOFFICAL?? SHOULD THEY NOT BE TRUSTED???

Sorry I trusted them...but the car they took those pics of did exist.

SO IM NOT WRONG.

IF you wanna gover anything eles I said im sure I can post proof of what i said....

This car has made so many changes everyone but a few knew what the hell was really going on since they were tring out so many different things.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:15 AM
InternetABYSS

Oh........IF by some extremly rare chance it does have touch screen....ill personally email the writer of sport z mag and tell him to get a manicure since his fingers didnt work when he was touching the NAV.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:19 AM
InternetABYSS

I KNOWWWW VQRACER IT HAS THE CASSETTE IN IT>>>IM NOT DOUBTING IT>>>WE HAVE ALL SEEN PICS OF THE PRODUCTION CAR.....

MY GOD AM I THE ONLY ONE WITH A BROCHURE OUT THERE??????

THAT IS THE POINT IM TRYING TO MAKE...MAN ILL JUST GO BUY A SCANNER AND POST THE PICS IM TAKING ABOUT...

AGAIN YES IT DOES HAVE THE CASSETTE IN THE CAR NOW!

IM TALKING TO TODD ABOUT SOMETHING MONTHS AGO!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2002, 08:29 AM
InternetABYSS

Default TODD JUST FOR U

HERES THE PIC....I had to use my webcam on the brochure but you'll get the point.
Attached Thumbnails CONFIRMED..Nav-No touch screen, no dvd movies.-nocassette.jpg  
Old 07-17-2002, 08:31 AM
InternetABYSS

YO TODD I WANT YOU TO REPLY....WHAT DO U SEE IN THAT PIC!!!!!!!!

PLEASE TELL ME

And say your sorry for accusing me of something I have PHOTO PROOF ON.

MAN...Please dont ask me to prove god exists...because I dont think I can convince u of that. I dont have a picture.

THANKS VQ.... VQ BELIEVES WOW......So is that car in the brochure real??? or is it fake??? so is it possible that someone at nissan saw that REAL car and told me that... thats all im saying

Last edited by InternetABYSS; 07-17-2002 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:51 AM
InternetABYSS

OK IM BUSTED.....NISSAN paid me to make the preorder brochure.....I thought it was funny to make changes on the car via photoshop....just to play games on the forums..I made thousands of copies and delievered it to all the dealers and all teh auto shows just so I could play these games.

Nissan didnt mind me sending out misinformation...since I was also sending out real infomation..

RXO makes riddles

I pass out bad information....just to keep you guys thinking

Then I pass out good info...just so u keep reading...LOL

****This would be so freaking funny if it were true****

PS I also donate to this site so that the entertainment im having never stops...J/K
Old 07-17-2002, 10:41 AM
BrianZ

Wait a minute. What's the big deal all about? The Touring model has cassette.

Why would anybody say it doesn't?
Old 07-17-2002, 10:48 AM
InternetABYSS

the pic posted in the brochure with no cassette and it says touring model shown.....thats what we are talking about...a PICTURE.....WE ALL KNOW the production car has a cassette.

WE WANT MORE FROST PICS....come on brian cough em up
Old 07-17-2002, 11:09 AM
InternetABYSS

I posted that it dont play movies because many people have asked ....I always have said "no"....and would refer then to www.nav-tv.com to convert it....my local stereo shop told me $250 for the conversion.

I stated that A LONG TIME AGO when i get my car i would see if sticking a movie in would work just out of curiosity....Well it looks like the boys at sport z mag beat me too it.
Old 07-17-2002, 03:16 PM
Todd

Default Re: TODD JUST FOR U

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
HERES THE PIC....I had to use my webcam on the brochure but you'll get the point.
Mr. Abyss, you need to lighten up! It's just a CAR. The pics had it wrong because Nissan had some preproduction models out there that didn't necessarily have the right combination of equipment inside. Now they do. It's as simple as that.

As for the touch screen, if it doesn't have one, then you really are the "Mayor of Z Land". Then I'll go complain to Nissan for false advertising. But I wouldn't bet on it.....
Old 07-17-2002, 05:17 PM
AtlZ

mr abyss, it seems that you get offended often when someone disagrees with you. and even when you are wrong, you take exception. although you have had some good info, you are not the nissan god that you think you are. you try so hard to prove that you are "in the know". wasnt it you that tried to discredit zisme?? sorry , had to vent. peace.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:47 PM
BrianZ

Originally posted by InternetABYSS
the pic posted in the brochure with no cassette and it says touring model shown.....thats what we are talking about...a PICTURE.....WE ALL KNOW the production car has a cassette.

WE WANT MORE FROST PICS....come on brian cough em up
Ugh, THAT'S IT???

I didn't have my camera with me this time, so all the stuff you see out there is by somebody else!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:49 PM
ToddLuc

There have been MANY pictures of cassette players in the touring model. There have been MANY pictures of the lack of cassette players in the touring model.

It seems like in early pictures/articles, there is one, and in later pictures/articles, there isn't one. In Car & Driver's August 2002 edition, page 45, there is no cassette player.

I am curious as to which way the pendulum falls. Personally, I don't like cassette's. I hope it is missing. CD is the only thing I want, aside from radio. (XM radio would be best).

It is amazing, though, to get upset over a topic that nobody can prove until we get our post-production Z's. In a few weeks, we will all know.

Regards,
Todd

Quick Reply: CONFIRMED..Nav-No touch screen, no dvd movies.