Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 04:23 AM
Flyingscot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder

Many of you will remember the Daytona Blue Z being shown by Motorweek at the VIR racetrack. Well here's a comment from one of our car club members who happened to be helping Ford test their new Cobra and Focus SVT on that very same weekend.

"A new 350Z pulled up today to the north course paddock. I think I shat my shorts. I believe Motorweek has the track tomorrow for testing with it. Like the Celica, pictures do not do it justice. It does not photograph well. It is much better in person than on paper. If you don't like the way it looks, wait until you see one, you might change your mind."

We've heard this kind of comment from guys who have actually spent time with the car, but, I thought it wouldn't hurt to reiterate the point.

Matt also drove the new Cobra and commented on how transparent the supercharger was. "It just feels like a big honkin' motor." The handling was apparently F'ing good as well.

Last edited by Flyingscot; 07-17-2002 at 04:46 AM.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:22 AM
NissaNZ

He is 100% correct when you see the 350Z in person the first time your jaw drops about 6 inches and you mgiht wet your pants. I know i almost did when I first saw it in person at the L.A. Auto Show in January. It's like a totally different car.
Old 07-17-2002, 06:17 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by VQracer

I think I shat in my pants the first time I saw it at the Dallas Auto Show.
Agreed. When I saw it for the first time at the Dallas show, I wanted to weep.
Old 07-17-2002, 06:25 AM
Zboy

Originally posted by VQracer

I think I shat in my pants the first time I saw it at the Dallas Auto Show.
not me. I knew what was coming and went pantless as I approached the Z at NY autoshow. As for the boxers....
Old 07-17-2002, 07:44 AM
azmo

I still havent had the chance to see the car in person. Although, ive seen all the videos with the Z a number of times and stared at high resolution pics for countless number of hours. Do u people still feel that im going to be even more impressed at the looks of the Z when i see it in person? If you think i am.. then im definitely going to shix in my pants when i see it in person. Hopefully its not going to be the day i go to pick it up from the dealer.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:48 AM
TJZ

Originally posted by Rocketscientist
Yes, I must say, both my wife and I were struck by the beautiful styling of the new Z. We saw it for the first time at the Blackhawk museum showing.

I guess that some don't share those same feelings. While at Blackhawk, an "older" man (gray hair and balding) was snapping photos of that Daytona Blue car. He was commenting how that car "was a disaster". "It's not a Z!!" "It is just not a Z!!". I went up to him, and not really understanding possibly some real died in the wool old Z enthusiasts,...I thought he may not realize that he was looking at the new 350Z so I was going to help him out by saying "this is the new 350Z". He told me in no uncertain terms, "I know that, but it is not a Z!! They have destroyed the character of the Z tradition." I walked away as there was no way I could help that fella.
maybe he was expecting an exact replica of the 300 with a new motor?
Old 07-17-2002, 08:00 AM
BrianZ

Originally posted by azmo
I still havent had the chance to see the car in person. Although, ive seen all the videos with the Z a number of times and stared at high resolution pics for countless number of hours. Do u people still feel that im going to be even more impressed at the looks of the Z when i see it in person? If you think i am.. then im definitely going to shix in my pants when i see it in person. Hopefully its not going to be the day i go to pick it up from the dealer.
IMHO
Yes, you will be more impressed.

I had been studying the car for months and then saw it in February at the L.A. auto show, and it was much more "serious" looking in person.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:10 AM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

seeeing in in person is what convinced me to order, as soon as I saw the car I fell in love with it, jsut wish I could see it again up close as I saw it at the ATL Auto show
Old 07-17-2002, 08:32 AM
droideka

Originally posted by azmo

Azmo,

Try your local Wal*Mart for the lowest prices...

Old 07-17-2002, 09:29 AM
3rdpower

I remember when I was back at that other site... **** I told those guys over and over again, "wait until you see it in person..."
They weren't hearing me. If you haven't seen the Z in person you have no business commenting on its looks.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:07 PM
mdouvris

Default Azmo

When I saw it at the Chicago Auto Show, I said WTF! It IS different when you see it the first time. It's not only cool looking but it looks pissed off! I mean it's bad and nasty! It wants you to hammer the pedal down!!
Old 07-17-2002, 05:47 PM
azmo

Now I'm even more excited to see this car in person. I think im going to need two of those depend boxes as i walk around the car and view it from different angles. I cant wait
Old 07-17-2002, 06:33 PM
Quadry

I haven't seen the car in person either. I just sit and stare at pictures and think, hell I hope I don't die before my car gets here. I am so excited about seeing it for the first time. Thanks for telling us deprived few about the looks.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:49 PM
Bobg

I sat in one, started it up and played with all the bells and whistles. It was the one at the Mid-Atlantic Hdqtrs in Herndon. It was Daytona blue and that is one beautiful car. I went back two more times in 24 hours to drool some more. I ordered the Chrome Silver Touring on May 13th and like the rest of you zeophytes, I cannot wait.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:33 PM
robf
Charter Member #70

I saw the prototype at the La Jolla (CA) museum of modern art last year when they had a special Nissan Design exhibit. It was the orange color (LeMans Sunset?) car seen in most of the early pictures. The doors were closed and they would not open it, so I didn;t get to see the interior.

But, IMHO, the exterior was awesome - actually much more beatiful than the pictures led one to believe. In fact, I was lkinda iffy on the styling from the pictures, but once I had seen it in person, I started in on ensuring that I got one of the first ones! I even contemplated buying an orange one!
Old 07-17-2002, 08:50 PM
LS350Z
Charter Member #56

I'm with everyone else, seeing it is a whole different story.

Hell I drove 4 hours and paid for a hotel room just to see it at the Cleveland Auto Show and fell in love right away. I stared at the car, much to nissan's displeasure, for like 30 minutes. Since then all the new pictures have been decent, but still not the same as the car itself. Everytime I see a new picture I'm like, nope, doesn't do it justice.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:43 PM
MatthewZ

Originally posted by LS350Z
I'm with everyone else, seeing it is a whole different story.

Hell I drove 4 hours and paid for a hotel room just to see it at the Cleveland Auto Show and fell in love right away. I stared at the car, much to nissan's displeasure, for like 30 minutes. Since then all the new pictures have been decent, but still not the same as the car itself. Everytime I see a new picture I'm like, nope, doesn't do it justice.

Which picture that you've seen does the car the most justice in your opinion??
Old 07-18-2002, 02:54 AM
john0213

Originally posted by Zboy

not me. I knew what was coming and went pantless as I approached the Z at NY autoshow. As for the boxers....
no wonder i saw a freaking retard peeing in front of the concept car that day~LoL
Old 07-18-2002, 05:12 AM
jtrcro
Charter Member #73

I saw it at the Atlanta Auto Show and it gave me cold chills but not gas. Everytime I walked back to it I got goosebumps. I also saw the prototype last year but it didn't have the same effect. It is one sweet s.o.b.

Quick Reply: Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder