Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Is My 350Z Stock?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 07:09 AM
imjdoggie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are these videos you guys are talking about?? I think that will end all the skepticism dood.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i really do not think there will be videos. someone just over exaggerated their car performace and got called on it.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:40 PM
sector9sk8er

Originally Posted by 03BrickyardZ
the slight whine is actually interference in the radio from the EMF created by voltages running through the plug wires in your car. My car does it too.

Changing to a better shielded plug wire should fix it.

The reason it changes tone as you accelerate is that the frequency of the pulses in the plug wires changes, increasing in frequency.

Yes, your Z is stock, The GTO has 350 bHp, and you do not get to 60 in 4.2, unless you're going down a very steep decline.

wow thanks a ton my 94 zx does the exact same thing
Old 11-28-2006, 08:00 AM
ericjackson

bump, anybody met up and got their *** waxed by this guy yet?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Hybrid90

So how did you measure your 0-60 time? With a stopwatch or at the drag strip?

Let me get this straight... you bought a car from someone and don't know what he did to his car? Didn't he list the "mods" that he put on the Z when he sold it to you? How much did he sell the Z to you? If it's more than market prices then most likely it's been modded in some way or another...

Are there any gauges in the dash? Blue bottle in the trunk? Maybe it's a Titan motor with major internal work done to it.. I don't know but until I see time slips or a dyno sheet, I'm going to have to bend you over and put it in the butt

Last edited by Hybrid90; 11-28-2006 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:47 AM
shanecrosby

Originally Posted by shanecrosby

And days later, I will still race you buddy. I'll polish my Stillen pipes so you have something to look at...

I think that was my first cut on this forum ever..
Old 11-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Kazuma

I can't fathom how people can buy a car without knowing what's under the hood.
If you bought it from a dealer who didn't give you a list of mods on the car and it ends up having mods I would seriously consider pressing charges (for w/e charge that would be). Having unkown mods on your car can A) land you in jail if their illegal B) Absolutely f*** up your car if you don't know how to maintain them.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:38 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kazuma
I can't fathom how people can buy a car without knowing what's under the hood.
Ohh..he knows.

He's just enjoying a fantasy that he some bought a supercar.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Richy350Z

Originally Posted by shanecrosby
And days later, I will still race you buddy. I'll polish my Stillen pipes so you have something to look at...

I think that was my first cut on this forum ever..

Today. Let's do it today. Send me an e-mail

Richyarmando@Hotmail.Com.

E-mail me a.s.a.p. try before 5pm and have a spot. We'll do 3 runs

((( To the other post ))

I didn't buy the car from a private seller. I bought it from a dealer. and I am not suing them , why? If my car runs perfect (even better)
Old 11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Originally Posted by Ser-J
Hold on guy.....What if this dude is for real? What if he has 6 wheels.
LOL
Old 11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
BrianDT3wZ

Did anyone send Richy350Z an e-mail, it seems he is more than willing to test his car against one or more of you guy's in N. Cali.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Richy350Z

It's 4pm here down in Cali. I have no new e-mails from anyone here...
Old 11-28-2006, 03:15 PM
shanecrosby

Originally Posted by Richy350Z
It's 4pm here down in Cali. I have no new e-mails from anyone here...
email sent:

"Busy day. Haven't been on the site. I live in Costa Mesa. I get off work at 7pm. Let me know how you want to do this and we'll figure out if your car is stock or not. I'll even take a look under the hood and can check out your exhaust for you.

Shane"

I'm thinking a Saturday thing is going to be best suited since I work until 7pm nightly, unless he works late too...
Old 11-28-2006, 03:17 PM
shanecrosby

Btw

Last edited by shanecrosby; 11-28-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:25 PM
shanecrosby

I was talking to a buddy about this thread. He brought up a good point. I'm pretty modded already, so I should definately be ahead of Richy350Z. What we need is a stock Z to do an accurate comparison. I'll still run you Richy350Z if you like, but if you're really looking to find out if your Z is stock or not, without going the dyno route, you would want to find a stock Z.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Richy350Z

Well I could run a stock Z , but I've ran many already ( I got 4 friends with Z's) and others that I've seen on the street. Reason I want to run you is for the same as you say "you're not stock" so then your car should be able to not only beat but KINDA smoke mine if it is that my car is completely stock. I think it'd be good me and you race. Your mod Z , with my ( suppose to be ) stock Z . I just want to find out by someone who knows their Z. and there is no better place to find a good Z owner that knows his car then My350Z.Com. We are all Z freaks and WE LOVE our ride, well at least. I do. So If you think Saturday is good, then it fits my schedule perfect. IF we do it during the day. I got a gig at night (I'm a Dj) or if you can, let's do it Friday night?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:45 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Kazuma
I would seriously consider pressing charges (for w/e charge that would be). Having unkown mods on your car can A) land you in jail if their illegal B) Absolutely f*** up your car if you don't know how to maintain them.
What exactly would you press charges for?
Old 11-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Richy350Z

Well I could run a stock Z , but I've ran many already ( I got 4 friends with Z's) and others that I've seen on the street. Reason I want to run you is for the same as you say "you're not stock" so then your car should be able to not only beat but KINDA smoke mine if it is that my car is completely stock. I think it'd be good me and you race. Your mod Z , with my ( suppose to be ) stock Z . I just want to find out by someone who knows their Z. and there is no better place to find a good Z owner that knows his car then My350Z.Com. We are all Z freaks and WE LOVE our ride, well at least. I do. So If you think Saturday is good, then it fits my schedule perfect. IF we do it during the day. I got a gig at night (I'm a Dj) or if you can, let's do it Friday night?

BTW

I've ran other Zs that have mods in them, and they are surprised for the same reason. That mine looks bones stock. At the end of the race they come up to my car. Pop my hood, look under my car. rev my engine and ask me "what have u done" Then they look at their car and shake their heads "no..." but I mean..you sound like you love your Z...you MUST know how to drive it, and you have mods and I do not. So you should take me. but let's see

Keep the peace , just a friendly race...
Old 11-28-2006, 03:50 PM
hardrock905

If any of your stories are true, you should absolutley smoke even bolt-on Z's with no trouble, right?
A 4.2 0-60 is pretty impressive if you ask me. That along with beating the new GTO's and all.
I am anxious to see how this goes.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:52 PM
hardrock905

Keep the peace , just a friendly race...
BS! I say race for pinks.

Quick Reply: Is My 350Z Stock?