Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Navi vs. Acura Navi...anyone had both?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 09:13 AM
sicktypes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Navi vs. Acura Navi...anyone had both?

i'm wonderin how the Nissan's navi compares to Acura's Navi...I'm askin because i was planning on getting an Kenwood navi system put in an Enthusiast Z, but they want almost 4 g's for it, so i'm prolly gonna go for a Performance w/ stock navi...any Acura owners?...
Old 03-20-2003, 09:17 AM
WebToker

Default Re: Nissan Navi vs. Acura Navi...anyone had both?

Originally posted by sicktypes
i'm wonderin how the Nissan's navi compares to Acura's Navi...I'm askin because i was planning on getting an Kenwood navi system put in an Enthusiast Z, but they want almost 4 g's for it, so i'm prolly gonna go for a Performance w/ stock navi...any Acura owners?...
I had the navi in my Acura CL type S and I used it all the time. I liked the touch screen and that was all I ever used. I can say the Nissan navi does not have a touch screen. This seems to be a bit of a pain in the *** but I don't know for sure since I don't have the stock navi. I will say the Nissan navi seems to look better as far as the gui goes in comparision to the Acura navi.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:23 AM
wildone_106

The joystick can be a little fiddly when entering in an address but otherwise I found it excellent and very easy to use (despite having hardly read the substantial manual on it ) the Z's voice is almost..almost sexy! I wonder if I could switch it out for somethin hotter lol
Old 03-20-2003, 09:41 AM
sicktypes

i'm just gonna throw out some questions and hope they get answered, i hope people post their own opinions of the two also..:

1. does the nissan's have a background/screensaver (ex. acura's have a pic of the "universe" (bunch of stars) when not being used
2. how accurate is the navi?
3. can you control the ac?
4. can you pick different views for the maps?
5. is the screen small? (compared to Acura's, i don't know any dimesnions)
6. what features doesn't the Nissan navi have that you wish it did besides touchscreen?

I'm gonna try to go to a dealer and check out the navi as soon as i get a chance, but i been real busy, and don't like going to the dealer knowing i can't leave without the car yet...
Old 03-20-2003, 11:53 AM
WebToker

Default Re: Nissan Navi vs. Acura Navi...anyone had both?

Originally posted by sicktypes
BTW, you can get a really nice aftermarket navi setup for way less than 4k.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:25 PM
sicktypes

how much less? how nice?
Old 03-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Intrepid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. does the nissan's have a background/screensaver (ex. acura's have a pic of the "universe" (bunch of stars) when not being used. NO

2. how accurate is the navi? VERY!

3. can you control the ac? NO

4. can you pick different views for the maps? YES. Standard and Bird View

5. is the screen small? (compared to Acura's, i don't know any dimesnions). Good Size Screen

6. what features doesn't the Nissan navi have that you wish it did besides touchscreen? NONE except the legal disclaimer you have to agree to every time your start the car. A-Holes. However, it does not have street level maps for all areas. See here for details:

http://www.zenrin.com/ezBasket/pr_dvd.asp?make=infiniti

NOTE: The 350Z uses the Infiniti DVD System

Last edited by Intrepid; 03-20-2003 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:39 PM
Rob Nance

I like the stock navigation better than any aftermarket unit I've fiddled around with. Mainly because I absolutely LOVE birds eye view (3d view basically, looking down and forward at about a 30 degree angle roughly). It is incredibly accurate. Mine has been accurate to within what seems like 1-3 feet. I know from what I have heard/read about non military GPS over the years that they should not be this accurate, but perhaps the car uses some of it's own interpretation to put you more accurate. Mine is as accurate as I could ever dream it could be basically. It has tons of features, and I really love it. I have not used the Acura, but I don't see how any unit could be much better than this one that Nissan/Infinit uses.