Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Problem with SLIP and TCS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 05:32 PM
t2dawizang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with SLIP and TCS?

Sorry guys ive been so involved at work that I havent had time to check the boards lately and this might of been an issue that already came up...anywho... couple weeks ago randomally while driving out of my neighborhood my dashboard went crazy, all the lights me on...the ! sign, slip light, TCS light and the check engine, I had to pull over turn off the engine and turn it back on, in which the check engine light stayed on, of course after about 10 trips the light went off, well weeks passed and it happened again, and than again while I was on the highway, in which my car rev'd real high so I had to pull over....of course im going to go to the dealership but I was wondering if anyone has heard of any defects or something. Its a 06 enthusiast and I bought it back in Oct of 05. If anyone knows of any news please advise. Thanks....!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:39 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes. The 350Z has gone into a protective limp mode: essentially shutting down.

Auto Zone will read OBDII for you.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:40 PM
StillAlive2029

i have just started having some of the same issues... i have an 05 6mt, and first my emergency brake light turns on and off randomly (sometimes itll turn on if i accelerate hard and turn off when i brake???? but not always) then now that its getting cold, my slip and tcs lights come on. Usually i turn tcs off by pushing the button, but when i dont, both lights come on...and i knwo its only in the cold because im in kansas and we have had cold days and then warm days the next and it doesnt do it....and now my airbig light is blinking constantly...and this is the one im really worried about...b/c usually dont drive with tcs anyways (but need to have it fixed none the less) and i know my brake isnt on, but i duno if my airbig will deploy or what if i wreck, or worse if im just driving (can they malfunction like that? i wouldnt think so but hey better to ask) so anyone else have these kind of problems? what did nissan say when you talked to them?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:34 PM
HighwaySpeed

Talking

Originally Posted by davidv
gone into a protective limp mode: essentially shutting down.
Women hate that mode!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:55 PM
t2dawizang

Originally Posted by davidv
Yes. The 350Z has gone into a protective limp mode: essentially shutting down.

Auto Zone will read OBDII for you.

Auto Zone will read OBDII for you? whats that mean, I havent gone to Nissan yet but I will be doing that Monday of next week
Old 11-22-2006, 06:57 PM
HighwaySpeed

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by t2dawizang
Auto Zone will read OBDII for you? whats that mean, I havent gone to Nissan yet but I will be doing that Monday of next week

http://www.google.com/search?q=OBDII...ient=firefox-a
Old 11-22-2006, 10:53 PM
fairlady350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mann, last week when I installed my intake, the check engine light came on, and the slip light and also the vdc off light came on. and now when I start my car it takes time to start. i went to the dealer, and they said the will charge $105 just to check it out why the engine light is on. soo I left from there. i even took of the AEM intake, and put back the stock one hoping atleast the car would act normal, but its still the same. if someone can resolve this problem. PLZ hellp. I will try auto zone for the OBDII see what they say.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:11 PM
//RacingSpirit>

A realitively cheap solution would be disconnecting the negative battery terminal for half a minute, then reconnecting it. That should reset the ecm and hopefully correct any minor electrical problems.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:30 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by t2dawizang
My apologies. OBDII is primarily emissions diagnostics. As I mentioned, the limp mode is protective: it prevents you from driving with serious emissions problems. Other problems, such as mismatched tire sizes will also cause the limp mode. Most likely this will not give you a readable SES code.