Dealer stock ? for ZISME

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 12:07 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer stock ? for ZISME

Zisme,

How are you controlling the issue of dealers not getting cars for stock from the preorder as stated last month? (see post here https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&threadid=1057 ) or does Nissan really care. I know dealers may have put in "dummy" orders with saleman's names to finish their allotment. Just curious.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:48 AM
ZISME
Nissan USA

We are confident that these instances are the exception and not the rule. Not going to manage to the exceptions.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:40 AM
principe

ZISME,

Do you have a Canadian counterpart? I would interested in knowing whether the US office will address the Canadian orders or are the Canadians delat with separately.

FYI, the Canadian head office has not been able to provide any details what so ever, options, dates, confirmations, etc..

I would appreciate hearing from you on this.

Thx.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:27 AM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default another question for zisme

I have another question:

will any action be taken to dealers for last minute price gouging (sp?). I would hate to walk in there and $4k added at the last minute. Would there be any number i could call to report the dealer (on my cell, in front of the salesman's face)?
Old 07-18-2002, 07:41 AM
westpak
SFZCC

Default Re: another question for zisme

Originally posted by TJZ
I have another question:

will any action be taken to dealers for last minute price gouging (sp?). I would hate to walk in there and $4k added at the last minute. Would there be any number i could call to report the dealer (on my cell, in front of the salesman's face)?
For what it's worth, I talked to someone from the 1800Nissan1 group a while back because in my purchase although they did not mark it up they basically forced me to take an extended warranty, and she told me that I did not have to take it at delivery if I didn't want it and I asked her what if they tried to back out and not sell it to me and she said to call her direct line.

I don't think I will play hardball although my dealer is one of the ones that put in dummy orders so I don't think they will mind too much since they can mark those up, but i will play it by ear because she said I could always cancel the warranty after taking the car.

Also, I do believe that Nissan has done a good job of cutting down the markups, a dealer I first talked to was marking them up 7-10K but just a few weeks ago they were down to MSRP on two cars that buyers had backed out.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:53 AM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: another question for zisme

Originally posted by westpak

For what it's worth, I talked to someone from the 1800Nissan1 group a while back because in my purchase although they did not mark it up they basically forced me to take an extended warranty, and she told me that I did not have to take it at delivery if I didn't want it and I asked her what if they tried to back out and not sell it to me and she said to call her direct line.

I don't think I will play hardball although my dealer is one of the ones that put in dummy orders so I don't think they will mind too much since they can mark those up, but i will play it by ear because she said I could always cancel the warranty after taking the car.

Also, I do believe that Nissan has done a good job of cutting down the markups, a dealer I first talked to was marking them up 7-10K but just a few weeks ago they were down to MSRP on two cars that buyers had backed out.
Thanks west. What about you zisme? any inside info you wanna share?