Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Worried Young Z Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 05:23 PM
DaveL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worried Young Z Owner

I just got the Z in early February and have had 2 different paper tags on it, I ordered a custom license plate right away, and 4 weeks went by and then they call me to tell me they forgot to make it and that the one I had chosen was taken, so I had to give them a new one and it's been like 3 more weeks now.

Ok, heres the scenario. Need you fellows opinion on this. I'm 17 years old, and a junior in high school. Currently I'm driving a 1997 Black Toyota Avalon to school, which will become my little sister's once she gets here license in April. I will then be force to let her drive me to school in it, as of right now I'm driving her to school in it.

So here's the thing, I want to drive my Super Black 350Z to school whenever they send me my custom license plate. This way I'd be driving my car, and I wouldn't have to be having my little sis drive me to school. The only thing is that I'm worried something will happen to my car. This is high school, so I know these people are still very immature and they just might key my car or do some **** to it. But I don't know if that will happen or not.

If I do decide to drive it to school I want to park it in the most visiable place possible, that would be in the parking lot area in front of the lunchroom. I wish I could just park in the Senior Parking lot because I know it would be a lot safer out there, but I'm only a Junior.

So tell me what you guys think. I really want to drive my car to school, but I just have a bad feeling some jealous assjack will do something to it. I'd be so pissed and just want to kill the punkass who did it. Should I risk it? I was thinking of also asking the school police officer if they have any cameras viewing the parking lot area yet, this way if something did happen they could just view the tapes. But from what I remember they didn't. Should I just want till next year as a Senior to drive it to school?

Another thing, today someone parked a silver Honda S2000 in the parking lot. I was pretty surprised, and wish him good luck as well.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:29 PM
jj1814

dang! I wish I was in your family! I was driving a GMC Jimmy (whenever I wasnt riding the bus or caught a ride) when I was in high school! ('94-'98).
Old 03-21-2003, 05:39 PM
krazE

Don't be an ******* to people. Don't show your car off. Don't talk ****. Don't ' rev ' your car or do anything dumb for the sole purpose of calling attention. Then you're straight. Usually people do damage to other peoples car when they act stuck up or hard. If your kool, nothing should happen. I was in your position
Old 03-21-2003, 05:47 PM
rummya87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

juniors dont get a parking lot at your school? odd ... ours do .... just watch out for it then, at lunch and any free time, go and see if any punk is standing around it, ill be driving mine to school next year and if some jackass did something to it his *** will be handed to him directly .. just look out for it and take care of it, dont park it anywhere where it might "disturb" people
Old 03-21-2003, 06:17 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

I never had any problems with my cars when I was in high school. My family owned a car dealership, and I drove everything from new vehicle demos to a used Corvette to a used 911.

Of course, that was a small town.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:42 PM
Z_Pride

Thumbs up

Don't be worried, as mentioned above, just don't flaunt the Z like it makes you the coolest. I've been driving my Z to school since January and just park it in a side lot with very few people. I don't mind the extra walk. As long as you don't seem stuck up or snobby, you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 03-21-2003, 08:05 PM
UFO

Originally posted by nissan350z
dang! I wish I was in your family! I was driving a GMC Jimmy (whenever I wasnt riding the bus or caught a ride) when I was in high school! ('94-'98).
No sh*t. I drove a motorcycle to school or a beater Datsun 210. Including college. Send me money!
Old 03-21-2003, 10:40 PM
Inova

it all depends on your attitude to people. i am a high school student as well. i can say that i live in a pretty well off neighborhood and dont have to worry about parking my car outside (not that i do). since i got my z, i've been nice to ppl and not started **** with anyone, not acted stuck up, i was also worried about parking in the lot, and i just decided that i would have to risk getting it keyed or whatever anywhere else i go. also, i had the reassurance of other ppl driving far more expensive vehicles than me, because there are several bmw's and an m3 that parks in the lot. there are also a couple of s2k's too. i think that if you are in the same environment as me and if you dont have enemies then your should be fine.
Old 03-22-2003, 02:38 AM
Danimsta

DAMN what high school do u guys go to?
nicest car in our lot was like a mutang cobra lol

i had a 92 camry
that i loved

but rip
Old 03-22-2003, 02:52 AM
black zebra

With all due respect, I would take the bus to school or ride with your sister. That way, you know your Z is safe and you have no worries.

Protect your Z. Keep it safe. The most dangerous place in the world is a high school parking lot. Hundreds of teenage drivers, many of whom cannot drive well and are reckless.

Keep the Z out of the high school parking lot.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:57 AM
DaveL

Originally posted by Inova
it all depends on your attitude to people. i am a high school student as well. i can say that i live in a pretty well off neighborhood and dont have to worry about parking my car outside (not that i do). since i got my z, i've been nice to ppl and not started **** with anyone, not acted stuck up, i was also worried about parking in the lot, and i just decided that i would have to risk getting it keyed or whatever anywhere else i go. also, i had the reassurance of other ppl driving far more expensive vehicles than me, because there are several bmw's and an m3 that parks in the lot. there are also a couple of s2k's too. i think that if you are in the same environment as me and if you dont have enemies then your should be fine.

Thanks fellows. I don't act like I'm better then anybody because I'm not. I don't show it off, I just drive it because it's my car. I also have no haters that are against me. I think I'm going to take your approach. If it gets keyed or what not I'll just have to get it fixed. I know now being worried about where I park it is what the haters want me to think.

There are also a lot of nice cars in my parking lot too, yea and it is the Junior parking lot, it's just not in as good and safe area as the Senior Parking lot. Like I said yesterday I saw a new Honda S2000 parked there, and there's also a few BMW's, ton of Mustangs. The only thing is that people around here always ask me what my car is, because they've never seen one before. They automatically think it's a 50k+ car, but don't know it's very a economy base car.

Thanks again.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:59 AM
MugenRD1

I understand how you feel because I worried about my car when I was in College. I was paranoid about dents from careless people. Just don't brag or showoff your car and park it in a nice safe area.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:51 AM
WayneTN

Originally posted by krazE
Don't be an ******* to people. Don't show your car off. Don't talk ****. Don't ' rev ' your car or do anything dumb for the sole purpose of calling attention. Then you're straight. Usually people do damage to other peoples car when they act stuck up or hard. If your kool, nothing should happen. I was in your position
This is good advice. But it may come down to the custom plate you've ordered. Samples of ones that wouldn't go over very well in your school lot:

GRADE A
U CAN 2
IM DA MAN
BAD AZZ
NO KEY Z
BAK OFF
SR'S SUK

What will your custom plate say when you get it? Enquiring minds want to know...

WayneTN
Old 03-22-2003, 01:39 PM
DaveL

It will just be the first initial of my first name and then my last name.

DBright
Old 03-22-2003, 04:42 PM
drake3

I personally would not drive it all the time.

Just on certain days.

I could not concentrate in school worrying about my Z in the parking lot.
Old 03-22-2003, 09:35 PM
gammbino350z

it's very a economy base car.
Not trying to be a dick or flame you or anything but...
Since when is a car that costs well over 25K and is driven by a highschool junior very base economy. A kia spectra is base economy, not a Z.
Old 03-22-2003, 10:12 PM
Inova

i think what he was trying to get across is that the 350z is not expensive compared to some other sports cars that can do the same - ie m3 or 911, maybe audis and other high dollar sports cars.
Old 03-22-2003, 10:59 PM
daytona350z

lol, this is the same exact problem i have....
i was getting a parking pass for the Z, because i finally got my car, so i couldnt use my parents...
anyways, i went to the office and i was going to buy a parking permit, until the guy at the window saw "350Z" as the model.
so he gave me a deal... he would give me a Staff parking pass if i gave him a drive around the block in my car hehe, i have the best car in the teachers lot behind in the shaded area of the school.

try and swindle whoever you pay for a parking pass into getting a staff lot pass. weather you car or some extra money, trust me it is worth it.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:12 PM
DaveL

Originally posted by Inova
i think what he was trying to get across is that the 350z is not expensive compared to some other sports cars that can do the same - ie m3 or 911, maybe audis and other high dollar sports cars.

Exactly.
Old 03-23-2003, 01:13 PM
DaveL

Cool daytona, I will definately try that.

Thanks.