Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why do people hate on the Z???

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 10:32 AM
GhostFace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i personally feel that people hate on it because it's different than most sport cars in that it's alot more of a daily driver than a sports car. It is probably one of the most luxurious sports cars I've seen. Heated leather seats, VDC, TCS, TPS, many other electronics, bose sound systems, a garage door opener in the rear view...etc etc...its extremely comfortable for a sports car, as compared to an S2000 for example, which just sucks for daily usage imo. Also the Z doesnt really outdo any other cars in it's class in terms of preformance. It doesnt handle better than an S2000, it's not faster than an Evo, or many other cars, but it's an "overall good car", does well in every category, but does not top in any and it's main attraction to it's potential customers is looks
Old 12-05-2006, 10:32 AM
frenzy757

yea in addition to my post above and Bavaria's...

Yanks Vrs Bo Sox
Untill last year, Braves Vrs Entire NL east... BRAVES WILL BE BACK AGAIN MWAHAHAHA

Cowboys Redskins

UCLA USC LOL

UVA TECH

so why not cars?
Old 12-05-2006, 10:35 AM
arma

most of the common hating is saying they see them everywhere and that for the money or w/e they are not that fast and that they are heavy. most of it is true though. i do see a lot them, they should be at least a couple hundred lbs lighter, and i wish they ran at least a 13.5. 3,200 lbs, 13.5-13.0 1/4 mile and who gives a **** how many u see at that point.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:37 AM
BavariaMotorist

Originally Posted by frenzy757
yea in addition to my post above and Bavaria's...

Yanks Vrs Bo Sox
Untill last year, Braves Vrs Entire NL east... BRAVES WILL BE BACK AGAIN MWAHAHAHA

Cowboys Redskins

UCLA USC LOL

UVA TECH

so why not cars?
And just like sports, I'm sure somewhere deep down bosox fans respect yankees fans, though they'll never show it.

I'm sure GT owners feel that way for Z owners, just will usually not show it.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^!
How Bout Them Cowboys!

Old 12-05-2006, 10:45 AM
BavariaMotorist

Originally Posted by Reality350
^^^!
How Bout Them Cowboys!

I hate them. I can't even explain it. I just do.

Maybe that's what that GT owner thinks about Z's lol.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:27 AM
zzz350

My Z does the quarter in 13.5, it powered by Fred Flintstone sticking his foot out the door and pushing it. I think all of you should get this Fred Flintstone mod.

Dumb topic, no end.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:33 AM
35oZephyR

"Whoah, that thing is so sleek, it BETTER be able to destroy my bucket."

Someone said that to me at a stoplight.
Made sense why people with similar performing cars would criticize.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:45 AM
frenzy757

Originally Posted by BavariaMotorist
And just like sports, I'm sure somewhere deep down bosox fans respect yankees fans, though they'll never show it.

I'm sure GT owners feel that way for Z owners, just will usually not show it.

yea i tried making that point in my first post in this thread lol yea what i meant was that we are all baseball fans in the end just like we are all car enthusiests. I know deep down i <3 boston fans Oo
Old 12-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Kazuma

To not have trash talk between people who race is like having well behaved soccer fans at the world cup.

I respect everyone's ride, from stock Civics to modded Zs to total racing machines. I don't care what you say I love my Z. What I don't respect are people who talk trash just to talk it, there's a difference between opinion and trash talk.

Best comment to shut a trash talker up is "you act like I give a **** about your car."
Old 12-05-2006, 12:43 PM
zzz350

Originally Posted by Kazuma

Best comment to shut a trash talker up is "you act like I give a **** about your car."
That is exactly the comeback you should have, it really pisses someone off, better than any argument that you could present.

Reminds of when I see a couple making out heavy, yell out your window "Bleep her, I did!"
Old 12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
derekinthez

I also ride a Suzuki GSXR 1000 and I beat Mustang GT's with a 4 cylinder--stangs are so slow!
Old 12-05-2006, 02:06 PM
MohamedChan

Originally Posted by Alberto
You are whats wrong with car "enthusiasts" Many Z's have run 13's bone stock(record is 13.68 IIRC), I ran 13.77 in only my 2nd pass ever, 13.80 on my first pass ever. While not all will run 13's, its unfair to say its a 14 second car because of non drivers. Real enthusiasts know other cars potential, so go around thinking they run 14's

sure you can get high 13s with good driver who knows how to launch...but a good driver won't be much help with your trap speed (104 mph tops).....it's all about your car's power to weight ratio........so alot of time the Z would get pull away on hwy runs.......

my point is the Z's look doesn't match its out of the box performance.....and the Z's look attracts lots of challengers...mostly modded Hondas....and they challenge you not becuase they want to admire how the Z goes but to make themselves feel good because their shxt box can out run the beautiful Z on the street......

May I ask if you are fully satisfy with the stock Z then why you go for boost? I admit, once you go boost, there's no turning back...too addictive.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MohamedChan
sure you can get high 13s with good driver who knows how to launch...but a good driver won't be much help with your trap speed (104 mph tops).....it's all about your car's power to weight ratio........so alot of time the Z would get pull away on hwy runs.......

my point is the Z's look doesn't match its out of the box performance.....and the Z's look attracts lots of challengers...mostly modded Hondas....and they challenge you not becuase they want to admire how the Z goes but to make themselves feel good because their shxt box can out run the beautiful Z on the street......

May I ask if you are fully satisfy with the stock Z then why you go for boost? I admit, once you go boost, there's no turning back...too addictive.

I see your point-and I respect that...I had great success NA running 13.1 @ 107mph with bolt-ons, and 11's with a ST+stock block set-up, I just wanted more--->built+Greddy twins now. Im addicted to this, you know how it goes. I'm sure by the end of the summer 580whp will feel "slow" and I'll do a stage 2 fuel system and a race gas tune then
Old 12-05-2006, 03:08 PM
BavariaMotorist

I don't think people race Z's because of how they look...lol

Anyone remember that celica commercial? "Looks fast." Yeah I guess I will be racing celicas from now on cause they look fast.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:22 PM
r3v

i dont know, i dont think they were bashing on the Z's. The amount of replies given were all legitimate arguments. Only one guy is led to believe that 350z's are pos and it was the one who created the thread.

good strong valid point.
rivers race, drivers race, drivers race...... A lot of cars can be said to come down to a drivers race. That goes without saying. Sure a stock 350Z and a stock Mustang GT is a drivers race, but the Mustang SHOULD win. Likewise a race between a stock LS1 Camaro Z28 and a stock Mustang GT is a drivers race, but the Camaro Z28 SHOULD win.

Finally asserting that a Mustang GT SHOULD win in a 1/4 race with a 350Z is in no way saying a Mustang is better than all either. Also, might I point out there is a difference between the word SHOULD and WILL. I didn't say a Mustang GT WILL win a 1/4 race against a 350Z is said SHOULD.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:55 PM
IronMedic

everyone's car gets bashed on. that is the way it works. stangs have been bashed on since 1964 1/2. no different from the vette guys or camaro/firebird guys.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:21 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

350Z's are everywhere but that is because they are relatively inexpensive thus affordable, attractive & perform pretty well. If you think you are buying a 350Z, Mustang, or anything for under 100k because it is a rare car you are going to be disappointed.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:23 PM
03performz

Originally Posted by arma
most of the common hating is saying they see them everywhere and that for the money or w/e they are not that fast and that they are heavy. most of it is true though. i do see a lot them, they should be at least a couple hundred lbs lighter, and i wish they ran at least a 13.5. 3,200 lbs, 13.5-13.0 1/4 mile and who gives a **** how many u see at that point.
The Z does weigh 3200lbs(My Z weighs a tad under that...stock...gotta love the 03' performance) and can run the 1/4 in 13.6(Motor Trend did it). The later years are heavier and have less torque and sadly the roadsters 0-60 is like 5.8-6.0, but people who buy that put the luxury of a convertible ahead of performance.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 03performz
The Z does weigh 3200lbs(My Z weighs a tad under that...stock...gotta love the 03' performance) and can run the 1/4 in 13.6(Motor Trend did it). The later years are heavier and have less torque and sadly the roadsters 0-60 is like 5.8-6.0, but people who buy that put the luxury of a convertible ahead of performance.
Mag racing sucks, but if your gonna do it, do it right. MT ran 13.77...

Quick Reply: Why do people hate on the Z???