Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why do people hate on the Z???

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Xx SiFaKa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do people hate on the Z???

I found this vid of and 06 Z vs 06 gt stang and it seems the stang guys think the Z is slow even though that GT has a 4.6 l V8 and can barely get away from our nicely built little 3.5 v6 VQ motor? The gt was obviously modded more then the Z unless the Z driver really was a bad driver.

I mean I never talk **** about stangs and say there slow, but how are they going to say were slow compared to the new GT when it has a bigger motor and can't even pull away from a Z.

http://www.mustangforums.com/archive...2005118-1.html

Just my rant for now, just pisses me off when they **** about the Z being slow.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:06 AM
CaliTouring

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a good friend who hate on my Z even though i no hes playing around but the he drives a 2005 bmw 325. as far as mustangs go i personaly think the new ones are crap. my buddy had a V6 one for a few months and one day hes going home and the damn thing caught fire and burned to crisps lol
Old 12-04-2006, 02:15 AM
bones srt-4

yea i hate it when ppl hate on other ppl's cars because it doesn't look like theirs or isn't as fast or faster than theirs.
https://my350z.com/forum/other-vehicles/234467-srt-6-vs-350z.html
Old 12-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Xx SiFaKa

Originally Posted by bones srt-4
yea i hate it when ppl hate on other ppl's cars because it doesn't look like theirs or isn't as fast or faster than theirs.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234467
There not faster then the Z by really anything, that's why I think there so damn dumb to say the Z is slow even though there's a big bad V8.... *** tards....
Old 12-04-2006, 03:12 AM
HighwaySpeed

Lightbulb

I wonder if this topic has ever been posted before?
Old 12-04-2006, 05:07 AM
Xx SiFaKa

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
I wonder if this topic has ever been posted before?
Not sure if I should be hearing that as a sarcastic voice or a serious question in my head..... If you were being sarcastic there is a "ROLLEYES" smiley you know..
Old 12-04-2006, 05:20 AM
AlexBG

lol thats funny....

i used to be a Mustang owner.

now a proud owner of a 03 350z Touring.

but i was at a local car/meet/hang out spot and a had a 02 Mustang GT with minor bolt ons come up to me and wanting to race.

Mustang had exhaust and intake and thats bout it i think.

well i really didnt feel like racing .. i saw the GT going to race with some Neon....
so i quickly jumped in my car chased them down and got on I-55 and did 3 wide on an empty highway.

anyways the results...
NeoN no where to be seen.....
Mustang and me were dead even till like 90mph .. i started pulling away on the higher end and i put a car on him in my dead stock Z.

but i do respects everyone's ride.
people have their own taste and things they like about their own car.

so i dont bash anyones car.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:55 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The emotion of hate comes from jealously from someone who defines thier self-worth by what they own - in this case the very car that they drive. When you define yourself by a car payment I have to feel sorry for you.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:10 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^+1 Totally agree!

yea i hate it when ppl hate on other ppl's cars because it doesn't look like theirs or isn't as fast or faster than theirs..
I dont see where anyone was trashing the srt.

R350z
Old 12-04-2006, 07:31 AM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The mustang was on my shortlist, the Z won due to 500 a year less insurance and the general quality of the nissan.
The challanger or charger, whatever it is comming in 2009, looks very tempting,but the build quality of the Chrysler is sooooo bad...I don't know if that will be viable.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:59 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If I spent my day reading anti-350Z posts, I would have no time left to enjoy driving.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:43 AM
3fiftyzva

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
The emotion of hate comes from jealously from someone who defines thier self-worth by what they own - in this case the very car that they drive. When you define yourself by a car payment I have to feel sorry for you.
So then lay back with no passion in life and go to your hair salon!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:49 AM
bones srt-4

Originally Posted by Reality350
^+1 Totally agree!

I dont see where anyone was trashing the srt.

R350z
so you don't think calling it a big pile of dog poo is trash talk ?
Old 12-04-2006, 01:42 PM
dejavu1096

who cares what they think. at least our car is mad sexy and not everyone has one
Old 12-04-2006, 01:46 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Old 12-04-2006, 01:57 PM
AbsolutSpeedZ

Mustang owners?
Old 12-04-2006, 02:05 PM
NightRida

Let's put it this way!
At the end of the day, would you rather go home with a fast, cheap and ugly chick(Mustang)? or a somewhat fast, moderatly expensive and sexy chick(Z)?
I choose option 2!
Peace!

P.S. This opinion does not include the Saleen or equally modified mustangs. Just the stockers!
Old 12-04-2006, 05:35 PM
Anthony C

Originally Posted by bones srt-4
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234467

that clarify's majority of the people who post on this forum.... ive seen more insults towards other cars on this forum than any other forum i frequent
Old 12-04-2006, 07:28 PM
jakesford

Originally Posted by Anthony C
that clarify's majority of the people who post on this forum.... ive seen more insults towards other cars on this forum than any other forum i frequent
yeah... I'm on a couple of mustang forums and while there is always a little hate here and there, but its nothing like this forum.

It is sad, I have to say more mustang people are true car enthusiasts than Z owners. I've read on other sites making fun of Z drivers, calling them snobbish and stuck up, and after being on this site for awhile I tend to find this more and more true.(atleast of some)

I've owned several mustangs, and at the moment I own a Z. I change cars a lot, and I consider my self a car enthusiast. I respect other cars and their owners. I still have my opinions, but there is no need to classify a group of people because of the car they drive. I hate to bust some bubbles, but for everything a Z can do there are mustangs out there doing it better.

Looks are subjective and don't matter when it comes to performance.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:43 PM
Anthony C

Originally Posted by jakesford
yeah... I'm on a couple of mustang forums and while there is always a little hate here and there, but its nothing like this forum.

It is sad, I have to say more mustang people are true car enthusiasts than Z owners. I've read on other sites making fun of Z drivers, calling them snobbish and stuck up, and after being on this site for awhile I tend to find this more and more true.(atleast of some)

I've owned several mustangs, and at the moment I own a Z. I change cars a lot, and I consider my self a car enthusiast. I respect other cars and their owners. I still have my opinions, but there is no need to classify a group of people because of the car they drive. I hate to bust some bubbles, but for everything a Z can do there are mustangs out there doing it better.

Looks are subjective and don't matter when it comes to performance.

yep, ive had quite a few arguments with ppl here tryin to break their ego's that a Z isnt gods gift. i went from an 04 wrx to an 04 Z roadster. and when it comes to performance i think you get more from the subaru with less money. i just was lookin for something a little more mature looking and a little more sportier. but damn do ppl on here HATE on STi's and Evo's like no ones business yet they are absolutly 2 of the greatest performance imports besides the supra or skyline. i mean i know looks its personal opinion but for a 4 door style car that has a ton of practical uses aside from being very spacious, and being AWD, they still have a pretty sharp appearance...

as for the original theme behind this thread. i never receive any hate towards my z whatso ever reason being im respectable towards other people's cars and dont sit their and bash their's to talk mine up. if your speaking to a true car enthusiast than chances are they know what your car is capable of and what its not. import world or domestic world alike.

Quick Reply: Why do people hate on the Z???