2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Getting a reprint of original window sticker

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Z_35TH_Z
Rainman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a reprint of original window sticker

Has anyone here managed to get a reprint of the original window sticker for their car from Nissan. My 35th didn't come with one and it has always bothered me. Even if someone knows of a place that will make an original looking one would help. First choice would be a Nissan one if possible.
Thanks
Old 12-25-2006, 08:33 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure where to get the sticker but for most new cars the sticker is made from a company called Mulroney (It's name is based on the founder). Did you try calling Nissan or the dealership?
Old 12-25-2006, 10:01 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,283 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
I'm not sure where to get the sticker but for most new cars the sticker is made from a company called Mulroney (It's name is based on the founder). Did you try calling Nissan or the dealership?

Actually, it's Monroney.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:03 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

go to the dealer, test drive one, and scrape it when no ones looking,
Old 12-25-2006, 10:07 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Actually, it's Monroney.

Okay small technicality in the spelling of the name, but he gets the point.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:28 PM
PDing

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
I'm not sure where to get the sticker but for most new cars the sticker is made from a company called Mulroney
Huh? Nope. VPC can print the Monroney(S). When I was with BMW of NA, we designed and printed our own monroneys because its required by law to have it on the vehicles, not some company that makes them.

To the original poster. Contact the dealer, they should be able to obtain one for you, for a fee.

Here's what a monroney is:
In the United States, all new automobiles are required to include an official form listing certain information about the car; this window sticker is commonly called a Monroney sticker in the industry (or simply a window sticker), named after Almer Stillwell "Mike" Monroney, the Oklahoma senator who sponsored the Automobile Information Disclosure Act of 1958.

The sticker is required to be affixed to the side window or windshield of every new car sold in the United States. A fine of US$10,000 per vehicle is applied if the sticker is missing. The sticker is not required, and the act does not apply, for vehicles with a gross vehicular weight rating of more than 8500 pounds (3856 kg).

The sticker must include the following information:

* The manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP)
* Engine and transmission specifications
* Standard equipment and warranty details
* Optional equipment and pricing
* City and highway fuel economy ratings, as determined by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Old 12-26-2006, 05:48 AM
zzz350

Hey does Monroney print business cards, I need a few hundred.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:58 AM
Z_35TH_Z
Rainman

Thanks guys, I tried the dealer and they told me once the vehicle has been registered to an owner at Nissan they can't get a sticker from their system. I just wondered if anyone has actually got one after some time had passed.
I got mine on the last day of the month so the dealer registered it sold as soon as I confirmed I was taking it. They said as soon as it was input to nissan no window stickers can be produced for car. I asked for it but their sequence of requesting and registering with Nissan got reversed as someone was in a hurry to register the vehicle sold.
I had the vehicle at home in my garage with all the plastic and stickers still on it just hours after it came off the truck. I came in to work just as it was coming off the truck and decided I was buying it. Dealer had ordered it in for stock so I knew it was coming in ,just not when.As soon as I saw the colour I told them it was sold. Price was not an issue as I work at the dealership. The entire process was kind of a blur No one else has ever driven it I grabbed all the keys as soon as it came off the truck. To this day no one else has ever driven it. Actually it has still never even been driven in the rain. Car has about 6000 miles on it now and is flawless. My only regret is that I don't have the window sticker.
THANKS
Old 12-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Asterix

As PDing said, you are entitled to one if you bought your car new. Pester the dealer. It'll cost them money to get another, but that's not your problem, since they should've given it to you in the first place. You should not have to pay for it. What they told you was BS to get rid of you. Nissan can print up a new one for the dealer anytime.

My Z didn't come with one, which I asked about as I was signing the papers. They promised me one at that time. It took about 2 months of pestering, and talking to their customer service manager a couple of times, but I did get one.

If they cannot produce one, small claims court could be your friend.

Asterix