2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Vendor Introduction: Function:TUNED

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 01:06 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendor Introduction: Function:TUNED

Function:TUNED is proud to introduce itself to the my350Z.com community. We are full service high-performance tuning shop specifically focused on the 350Z and G35 platforms. Many of you know Function:TUNED’s owner Dave Shiroma from his previous position providing performance parts and service for the 350Z/G35 community.

We are located in Sterling, Virginia about 30 miles west of Washington, DC. Our 3100 sq/ft facility is designed specifically to service the 350Z and G35. Please see our Myspace page for a complete list of services (www.myspace.com/functiontuned) as our website is still being built.

Our custom ordered Rotary lift is one of the few above ground two post lifts that hits the Nissan OEM recommended lift points because of its three stage front arms and two stage rear arms. We have also taken extra caution when specing the lift knowing full well that these cars get very low. Suspension systems, side skirts and frame are no longer in danger of damage or abuse due to inadequate equipment. The arms on the lift get as low as 3” from the floor and once positioned under the vehicle we can raise a small rubber protective pad to hit the lift points on the frame.

If the vehicle is still too low to safely lift we can use our hydraulic wheel dollies to lift the vehicle another few inches without risk of damage to other body components. These dollies fit up to a 12” tread width.

Our custom protective vinyl covers are made specifically for the 350Z and cover both front fenders and the front bumper. You can rest assured that your vehicle will not be coming back to you with any extra scratches from tools or belts.

We have also taken the time to install 16 8’ long high output florescent lighting fixtures and 8 400W industrial down lights. This ensures that we will be able to see what we are doing while working on your vehicle. We have also painted the walls with high gloss white paint to aid in reflecting light as much as possible. As many of you know going into the average mechanic shop is like entering a dungeon. We want our customers to see the work we are doing because we take pride in it. We also know that we can provide better, more precise service if we are able to see what we are doing to your vehicle.

Over the past three years Dave Shiroma has had the unique opportunity to see every aspect of the 350Z and G35. From bone stock to fully modified and beyond he is familiar with all the ins and outs of many different modifications. This experience and knowledge allows him and his staff to properly advise you on what modifications will meets your goals and budget. Many customers are confused by the massive amounts of information and opinions available on what should and should not be done. We are here to advice our clientele on what is right for their application. We will attempt to take all of your needs such as timeline, power goals, overall drivability, intended use, and budget into account to recommend the proper setup or stages of setup.

Tuning

Function:TUNED and the main tuner Dave Shiroma are extremely focused on the tuning aspect of the 350Z and G35. Through the use of a Mustang load based dyno, an offsite Dynojet and road tuning we are able to ensure a very complete and drivable tune. We attempt to replicate as many road going situations as possible through the use of the Mustang Load based dyno and road tuning. We take the extra time and use our experience to ensure that every car we tune leaves with a safe, reliable and very drivable tune at both partial and wide open throttle. We place an extra amount of focus on partial throttle tuning as this is where 80% of your driving time is spent, an area many tuners overlook.

Dave Shiroma is experienced with all forms of engine management from piggy-back style units like the Greddy E-Manage and Split Second FTC1/R4 combo to complete standalone systems like Electromtive TEC3, AEM EMS, Motronic, Autronic, FAST EFI, as well as our personal preference for the Z/G the hybrid TurboXS UTEC standalone/piggy-back computer.

Products

Function:TUNED offers a complete line of parts and products for the 350Z and G35. We are able to source everything from OEM components to internal engine components and everything in-between. Since we deal with the 350Z and G35 platform specifically we have had the opportunity to see, install, and live with many different performance components from many different manufactures. This allows us to give you our first hand experience and the pros and cons of any given product. We want to help you make the right decision for your car. Please don’t hesitate to ask us for our recommendations!

Manufactures:

Greddy
HKS
Carbonetic (ATS)
Vortech
Procharger
Injen
Volk
Advan
Tein
JIC
GT Motorsports
Aeromotive
Goodridge
ARP
B&M
Stillen
AEM
Borla
AP Racing
Cometic
Eibach
Ferrea
Koyo
Innovate
JE Pistons
Kaaz
Koni
Motul
MSD
NGK
Nitrous Express
RC Engineering
Tial
…and many others!

Customer Service

Customer service is our highest priority and we hope that shows with some of the equipment we have invested in. We truly hope to be a one stop shop for all of our customers. Our customers are our greatest asset and we intend to make sure that they are 100% satisfied. We take a tremendous amount of pride in our work and treat customer’s cars as if they were our own. If you are ever our disappointed in our service please inform us immediately and we will remedy the situation.

Please check out our Myspace page for pictures of customer cars, a complete list of services, and videos of our customers cars in action.

Hours:

As part of our focus on customer service we have designed our hours to better allow our customers to drop off their vehicles when it is convenient for them such as after work.

Tuesday thru Friday
11am to 7pm (Available to 8pm by appointment)

Saturday
Noon to 6pm

Dave Shiroma
Forum Name: DaveFunction2nd
dave.shiroma@functiontuned.com

Juan Melendez
Forum Name: JuanFunction2nd
juan.melendez@functiontuned.com

www.myspace.com/functiontuned

www.functiontuned.com (COMING SOON!)

23571 Pebble Run Pl.
Unit 145
Sterling, VA 20166
Old 12-27-2006, 01:12 PM
DaveZ06

welcome to the forums. Can't wait till you guys open up your website... hope you have good inventories
Old 12-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Flippantduke

When are you moving to Orlando? No one lives in Virginia, do they? JK
Old 12-27-2006, 01:50 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

hey, that's my car lol. that front end cover is sweet ***! welcome to the forums dave (and juan), congrats on the new shop and best of luck to you! i swear it looks like my front tires are mounted in reverse....

haha they are, when the hell did that happen! just called dave and he's swapping them. i bet it was the guy who hooked me up with my inspection sticker a few weeks ago....boy am i glad i haven't driven through rain in many months lol

Last edited by ZIABLO; 12-27-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:19 PM
philude

=O looks good!!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:21 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the forum.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:16 PM
davids
F U StuLax18

Looks like a great shop.
Likewise I'd like to see the website too.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:19 PM
RBlover69

yea man much props love the shops look
Old 12-27-2006, 05:40 PM
MasterRacer

wow YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iam in local, finally a local Z shop!!!!! sweet
Welcome guys!
Old 12-27-2006, 06:19 PM
tylerdurden07

Whatsup Dave and Juan... Welcome to the Forums.... We'll be seeing you guys soon...
Old 12-27-2006, 06:26 PM
kPaNdA350

Why couldn't you guys have been located in Socal?
Old 12-27-2006, 07:16 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave and Company run a great shop. I wouldn't hesitate to go through them for any performance mod.

That and they're only 2 or 3 miles from my Condo
Old 12-27-2006, 07:45 PM
DaveZ06

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Dave and Company run a great shop. I wouldn't hesitate to go through them for any performance mod.

That and they're only 2 or 3 miles from my Condo
are you done with your interior ****/ebrake/cf!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 07:49 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveZ06
are you done with your interior ****/ebrake/cf!!!
I just got the e-brake from UPS today. Still waiting on everything else, should be here within the next week. Don't worry I'll post pics
Old 12-27-2006, 07:50 PM
roncfpz

Good luck with the shop. Looks like you're off to a great start.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:25 AM
k3silk

now thats what im talking about. the only thing is im sad you guys move so far away. J/K see ya guys around
Old 12-28-2006, 03:16 AM
TSG-Z

Originally Posted by kPaNdA350
Why couldn't you guys have been located in Socal?
Because Cali has everything else, lol. About time we can get a quality shop and I'm fairly close, yeah!
Old 12-28-2006, 04:12 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
Because Cali has everything else, lol. About time we can get a quality shop and I'm fairly close, yeah!

Yeah no SHIAT now I dont have to go all the way up to MD for AAM !!!!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 05:20 AM
DustinZ33

welcome to the forum. looking forward to seeing your website.

ps- do you have any more pics of the silverstone Z with the ings kit and the carbon fiber spoiler? thanks

Quick Reply: Vendor Introduction: Function:TUNED