Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Question about theft recovery

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 09:03 PM
b.d.racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about theft recovery

I got my 06' Z after my BMW was stolen 3 weeks ago. Well tonight my car turns up, wheels stolen, grille stolen, minor damage to the outside, and I haven't even seen the inside yet of which I'm sure my CD player and system is gone. Now the insurance company was in the process of paying it off and I think it was going to be completed next week. What are the chances they'll still pay it off or what do you guys think is going to happen? Thanks
Old 12-31-2006, 03:08 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not your insurance company but it sounds to me like they're taking care of it?? I have a friend whose new truck was stolen a few weeks ago too... where did it happen??
Old 12-31-2006, 05:26 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by b.d.racing
I got my 06' Z after my BMW was stolen 3 weeks ago. Well tonight my car turns up, wheels stolen, grille stolen, minor damage to the outside, and I haven't even seen the inside yet of which I'm sure my CD player and system is gone. Now the insurance company was in the process of paying it off and I think it was going to be completed next week. What are the chances they'll still pay it off or what do you guys think is going to happen? Thanks
Why don't you ask your insurance company. They will actually know the answer.

bill
Old 12-31-2006, 06:02 AM
b.d.racing

I'd like to ask my insurance company but all the claims adjusters are out of the office because of the day, time, or holiday, or whatever they've decided to do.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:10 AM
Z04

*double post*
Old 12-31-2006, 06:11 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by bailey bill
Why don't you ask your insurance company. They will actually know the answer.

bill

exactly, rather than getting a whole bunch of opinions or speculation as to what will happen
Old 12-31-2006, 06:14 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to ask my insurance company but all the claims adjusters are out of the office because of the day, time, or holiday, or whatever they've decided to do.

So do you really think someone on a message board actually knows the answer?
Old 12-31-2006, 06:27 AM
zYouLater

Default Questions on theft

Bill, I think he was asking for opinions, perhaps if you have none, then maybe you should have just moved on, without the negative comments. After all, there might be others on this site with experience in the business or have intelligent comments based upon first hand experience of this same type of situation.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:35 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by zYouLater
Bill, I think he was asking for opinions, perhaps if you have none, then maybe you should have just moved on, without the negative comments. After all, there might be others on this site with experience in the business or have intelligent comments based upon first hand experience of this same type of situation.

true, but unless you are the OP's insurance agent working that particular case and know the specifics of what is going on, it is just speculation and has no bearing at all to that particular case. Bill's reponse was correct, the only correct answer outside of speculation or opinion will come from the OP's insurance agent.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:51 AM
zYouLater

Also true and obvious. His post is merely asking for opinions from those with one pertaining to his situation. Again it goes without saying, that I'm sure his agent or Insurance company on Tuesday will be able to answer questions.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:08 PM
b.d.racing

At least the person above knows what I'm asking. How is it I'm unlucky enough to only find 1 rashonal person out of what 10 posts. The rest of you are useless and if you realized what this weekend was then you would know I won't be able to talk to anybody until tuesday. Someone may know the answer because people know more about this world than 350z's.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:41 PM
roast

Well I knew what you were asking and there is no way any of us can know what your insurance company is going to do, especially when we don't even know a single detail of your policy.

With the obvious holidays in the picture it seems like you're going to have to be patient as far as dealing with the insurance co. When your car is stolen and you need transportation, you can't sit around for weeks waiting for your trashed car to turn up somewhere (if/when).... you get a new car and let the insurance deal with it.... which is what you did/are doing. You are sitting pretty as far as I'm concerned. Don't sweat over anything until there is good reason to sweat it. Get in contact with your insurance asap and in the meantime enjoy the Z.

BTW I'm in OKC too which is why I was wondering the general area where your car was stolen.... not that it matters but I was just curious. My friend had his truck stolen around the same exact time... kinda strange.... I don't see many people from okc on the forums... and I don't hear about people around here getting their rides jacked every day.

Sorry if I offended you.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:58 PM
b.d.racing

Thanks for the response. Some people on all of these forum sites are dicks just because its the internet and not face to face. Anywho my car was stolen out of my driveway near the cornet of Western and 149th St.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:26 PM
roast

Thanks for the response. Some people on all of these forum sites are dicks just because its the internet and not face to face. Anywho my car was stolen out of my driveway near the cornet of Western and 149th St.
Yeah I feel ya...

man that's only a mile down the street from my girls place... I've already had several incidents there. I lived right off 149th and western when I went to westmoore back in the day.... seems like people in that area are going nuts lately...

My friends truck was stolen from boomer....
Old 01-01-2007, 05:27 AM
Z04

At least the person above knows what I'm asking. How is it I'm unlucky enough to only find 1 rashonal person out of what 10 posts. The rest of you are useless and if you realized what this weekend was then you would know I won't be able to talk to anybody until tuesday. Someone may know the answer because people know more about this world than 350z's.

hmm, no reason for you to be a d!ck about it. you asked a specific question about what you thought the insurance company would do. well here it is. since the car was recovered, I THINK they are going to drop the payoff and only cut the check for the items missing, and you will be stuck with the rest yourself. plus whoever financed the car will be notified that the car was recovered, and expect you to make your payments on time as well. you wanted to know what I think, there it is. what i was getting at is you will not get one answer, you will get nothing but a bunch of opinions that will do you no good since it will be your insurance company that makes the decision. basically a waste of webspace for somethign you yourself ycould have looked up on google. as for the usless comment, that was totally uncalled for
Old 01-01-2007, 12:14 PM
dc89kr

what is up your ***.. if you didn't want to answer his question then don't. that's the least you could have done. show some respect. i'm sure your *** would have been as frustrated if your BMW was stolen then things for your Z only 3 weeks after. how frustrated must that feel. he is simply just letting it out of his system.

I feel you, b.d.racing.
keep your head up, and just be patient.
i'm sure things will work out somehow.